Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Palette Ink and a Blender Pen? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/palette-ink-blender-pen-198568/)

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 03:13 PM

Palette Ink and a Blender Pen?

Can you use a blender pen to pick up color off a Palette Ink pad and then color with it?

I don't actually have a blender pen, but want to get one if you can.

I'm just wondering since it's not a dye ink, if it will be possible. I'm guessing that since I can watercolor in an image that has been stamped with it, I can't actually watercolor with the ink, but will the blender pens work?

Thanks for the advice.

nmslmomto3 11-12-2006 03:15 PM

I watercolored with the ink using my aqua pen, worked just fine and love that it is a true black (gray base) rather then a purple base I was getting from SU basic black.

allamericanstampers 11-12-2006 04:11 PM

I'll have to try it and let you know...but either way, the Dove blender pen that TAC carries (and the fact that you can get replacement tips and refill solution!!) is well worth it! I was using it this week with watercolor pencils, and markers...plus it works great with chalks and seals them right away. I also liked the fact that I could, for instance, scribble in a star and then cover it with embossing powder and that worked for small areas perfectly!!

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
I also liked the fact that I could, for instance, scribble in a star and then cover it with embossing powder and that worked for small areas perfectly!!

REALLY? You can emboss on blender pen? NO WAY! I am so getting these.

(And you recommend the Dove?)

allamericanstampers 11-13-2006 03:40 AM

I do recommend DOVE...for $3.95 is a good thing!! :wink:

I just tried the blender pen and aqua brush with Palette Inks and I don't care for either results...you can't really pull the color. I think that's why Palette inks work so well on the paper and won't smudge...even when you watercolor on top of them!!

jeanstamping2 11-13-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Can you use a blender pen to pick up color off a Palette Ink pad and then color with it?

I don't actually have a blender pen, but want to get one if you can.

I'm just wondering since it's not a dye ink, if it will be possible. I'm guessing that since I can watercolor in an image that has been stamped with it, I can't actually watercolor with the ink, but will the blender pens work?

Thanks for the advice.

I have the Blender Pen with Palette ink pads.
They work ok! But I prefer the Niji waterbrush with my Palette ink pads.

Plus trying to clean the ink off the blender pen is a little harder.

Skittl1321 11-13-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
But I prefer the Niji waterbrush with my Palette ink pads

Do you brush directly onto the Palette ink pad, or put some of the ink on to plastic type surface first?

jeanstamping2 11-13-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Do you brush directly onto the Palette ink pad, or put some of the ink on to plastic type surface first?

I just use my brush tip to soak up some ink.
I works fine for me. Granted it doesn't work like the SU ink pads work.

kphorse 11-13-2006 04:44 PM

You can, it is not the same as with say SU Classic ink. Because it is a Hybrid, the ink does not blend the same. It is more like using a marker than water coloring. I have used a blender pen to color onto my stamps to have different levels of the same color.

I have quite a few blender pens and the Tombow and Dove Blender work the best with the Palette. I prefer the Dove with Brilliance and VersaMagic.