Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   paisley BG stamp (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/paisley-bg-stamp-124618/)

jukeboxgraduate 02-27-2006 02:55 PM

paisley BG stamp

I just wanted to share this information with other stampers. The "paisley" BG stamp is in high demand right now and going for very inflated prices on 'bay. I bought a very similar-looking paisley BG stamp on 'bay today, and I thought it was a really good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I actually like this one better than the SU! version, the pattern is a little more subtle. My sis and I each got one, and the seller gives free shipping on orders over 25 dollars. It can be purchased mounted or unmounted.

I am in no way associated w/this seller, just passing on some info to help other scratch their paisley itch!

Sereikastamper 02-27-2006 03:07 PM

Oh my goodness that is really pretty too!!! OH I can't wait to see some samples...PM me a link once you upload! It is really nice!

Geribeari 02-27-2006 04:05 PM

I agree that it is equally as nice as SU Paisley. Love to see some samples made with it.

amysings 02-27-2006 04:12 PM

Have you received the stamp yet? It is beautiful. I just want the benefit of your experience with the quality, please. :-)

jukeboxgraduate 02-27-2006 04:19 PM

No, I haven't got it yet, but I'm getting very impatient, I ordered it this afternoon and it's not here yet! :-)

Hope to have it by the weekend, though. I'll post some samples.

craftytoni 02-27-2006 06:31 PM

I'm soooo tempted. Hmm. Trying to talk myself out of this stamp . . . not doing very well! :-)

mcpaige 02-27-2006 06:45 PM

Hmmmm, I too really want the Paisley SU stamp, but can't afford the steep ebay price... This seems to be a worthy alternative.... PLEASE post your thoughts once you receive it... I'd love a PM when you upload your results... Sounds really promising, and THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!

dtstampz 02-27-2006 06:45 PM

Oh, it's lovely! Okay, gulp! I'm buying it, too! No way will I pay ebay's price, and I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it's as cooool as it looks!
And I'm just placing a BIG SU order with my demo tomorrow, sigh.....The stampin' budget has just been shot!!!! ;)

Cassandranet 02-27-2006 07:22 PM

Wow, cool. TFS. I already have Paisley, but they have some other pretty ones, too. :)

MSBetsyZ 02-27-2006 07:38 PM

No experience with this particular stamp, but I have seen Sonlight stamps before and they are very nice quality, thick stamps. Don't know though, if this Heritage Farms acquired their images or is the same company.

GarnetJ 02-27-2006 07:43 PM

AND.... AND.... AND....

Did anyone take a look at all the OTHER backgrounder stamps this company has for sale??? OH! MY! GOODNESS!! I want at least five of them. and I just made a promise not to buy anymore stamps for awhile..... silly me!
I love this one.....
Lattice Background
But they have a kajillion patterns, apples, candy canes, alphabets, bees, asian letters, little Christmas trees, hugs & kisses, stained glass, sunflowers.......
WARNING: Please do not attempt this if you do not want to buy any more stamps. It could be unsafe for your wallet or you PayPal account. Click on the link for the lattice. Then click on View seller's other items. Then type the word backgrounder into the search box.

jailbirdstamper 02-27-2006 07:57 PM

I should NOT have looked. I absolutley cannot buy any more stamps (daughters wedding coming up)...

stampysister 02-27-2006 08:28 PM

OMGosh! And they sell unmounted (my way...) for like 7.99. And if you order over 25 Dollars they ship for FREE!!!!

I'm so there as soon as pay day comes up. I've got paisley, but they've got so many other AWSOME backgrounds.

Thanks.

Aussie Stamper 02-27-2006 08:48 PM

Thanks so much Colleen for sharing that, I've bought one, couldn't go past it.

chiripa 02-27-2006 11:53 PM

And did you see that they sell background size wood blocks as well for those that want to mount the reverse monogram rubber separate from the diecut monogram BG stamp? good price for it as well! thanks for the link...

--
Cindy
chiripa

Coletta 02-28-2006 04:21 AM

Resistance is futile..........I'm going back for more!!

When I saw that gorgeous paisley background stamp I have been lusting after.....I knew it would be mine, oh yes it would be mine :-)

Coletta

dtstampz 02-28-2006 05:56 AM

I'l be buying a second paisley background for a friend, if I like the looks of it.
She is crazy for paisley, but won't pay ebay's prices either. And if I'm buying one for her, might just as well get another something for ME??? ;) It just never ends, does it?

Jessrose21 02-28-2006 08:18 AM

Their canvas background is pretty cool and so is the weave background. The weave reminds me of a Hero Arts stamp only it's big enough to cover a whole card front. I like their unmounted prices but I have to see if they carry an acrylic mount that's big enough for their backgrounds. Fun store! TFS!

Julzz 02-28-2006 08:52 AM

All of there background stamps are going to be trouble for me....there are just to many to chose from....I don't think I'll be able to resist......

shellca 02-28-2006 09:00 AM

I have a whole bunch of stamps from Sonlight Impressions. The quality is pretty good.

ljwil 02-28-2006 09:06 AM

Um, should I really be thanking you folks for this? I NEED so many of them...LOL!!!

Les

laurakj 02-28-2006 09:56 AM

OK I have 4 on in my cart just waiting for payday! Flora, Weathered Wood, Climbing Floral and Paisley! Woo Hoo! I'm in love!

I just love the unmounted option and the fact that they are actually bigger than SU's bkgs! This is going to be SO bad for my checkbook!

Here's the link to their website. It's a bit easier to navigate than eBay.

http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/

peggysue 02-28-2006 10:13 AM

'Cuz I needed to know this why? Was there some sort of compulsion to click the link and see all these wonderful BG stamps? I think if DH gets upset, I'll just give him your number.
Wow! Okay, wanting the Paisley, Oak Leaves, Rose Trail and Seed Packets (gotta get something to keep my Best of Cluck set happy). Sent in our taxes on Saturday . . . how long does it take to get the return?
peggysue

newstamperamy 02-28-2006 10:29 AM

Ack!!! I have NINE on my list here on the counter. NINE, I tell you! Crap! LOL!

I am going to wait 24 hours and then revisit which ones I really love. Oy!

basurok 02-28-2006 11:20 AM

Thanks soooo much! Ever since I saw a card in the gallery that featured the paisley background stamp, I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT.. lost a few auctions on -bay and thought this one was pretty nice for the money. If you get to looking, it is pretty easy to buy another background or two for the free shipping. I picked out this mini floral background and the sunflower background as well. Hope they are as cool in person as they are pictured. ;)

Glittergal 02-28-2006 12:25 PM

Thanks so much - I've been tracking the ebay sales on Paisley and absolutely refuse to spend $45 on ONE STAMP. This is the perfect alternative.

Kittypaws 02-28-2006 12:50 PM

OMG - it looks as if the old budget is going to take another hit....sigh

peggysue 02-28-2006 01:04 PM

I didn't see the crackle background my first time through . . . this is going to be a tough decision.
peggysue

MilwaukeeMommy 02-28-2006 01:28 PM

There are so many cute ones!!! What a decision.....which one(s), which one(s).........

Thanks for sharing!! :)

Michelle

basurok 02-28-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glittergal
Thanks so much - I've been tracking the ebay sales on Paisley and absolutely refuse to spend $45 on ONE STAMP. This is the perfect alternative.

OMG!! We are probably bidding against each other. :D

dtstampz 03-01-2006 05:20 AM

Ooooh! Just got a notification that my paisley background will ship out today!
Think I'll camp out by the mailbox.....! Can't wait!

Stampaholic2004 03-01-2006 06:09 AM

I bought some of their Adirondak rainbow ink pads a few months ago, the seller seems very reliable, had fast and friendly communication, and shipped lightning fast! That's my two cents (or two transparencies)...

Coletta 03-01-2006 06:48 AM

WooHoo...mine are already shipped......I hope I hope I hope they get here before the weekend so I can play!!

Sweet! Coletta

Coletta 03-01-2006 06:50 AM

Colleen.........I love your avatar. ((((BONO)))) but geez o pete, he kinda looks like a geezer!! Geezer or not, the man is HOT!

Coletta

Stamplady 03-01-2006 06:58 AM

ok, thanks alot people! there stamps are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like i will be getting another package soon!:)

-Loretta

p.s i will post the final count of purchased stamps once i finish going thru all 88 pages!!

Stamplady 03-01-2006 07:34 AM

ok...the final count....3...yep

used alot of self control. didn't get any backround stamps though, maybe next time around. did get a few of those medallion stamps. i love the layering you can do with those.

PaisleyPrincess 03-01-2006 08:50 PM

Darn, the seller has ended this listing early. I wonder what that means

Mahloumel 03-01-2006 09:14 PM

Wow, I love all the background stamps they had. I NEED Rose Faces, Burlap, Weathered Wood, Victorian Pattern, Flora, Rice Paper, Weave, and Trees! (The same way my nephew "needed" the white Bionicle :) )

GarnetJ 03-01-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaisleyPrincess
Darn, the seller has ended this listing early. I wonder what that means

They may have run out of stock temporarily. Send a 'question for seller' via ebay and you should get an answer within one day.

jukeboxgraduate 03-02-2006 01:55 AM

I noticed he still has the item listed for purchase in his ebay store.