Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Paint chip question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/paint-chip-question-11655/)

Crazystamper 10-07-2004 07:10 AM

Paint chip question

I love the paint chips that people have been using on cards but I don't like the words to show. Some either come without words or they are smaller and can be trimmed off. Can anyone tell me what brand is best to use ifyou don't want the words?

bemidjibelle 10-07-2004 10:29 AM

paint chips

Hi! I was just noticing a card made by Ashley Anne. It is a neat card using paint chips. She says Behr chips from Home Depot are huge and there is plenty of room to stamp after cutting the words off. Go to Gallery, and type in the white box - All Natural Paint Chip. That card will come up-- click on it and read her comments.

HTH
Sue

Catie 10-07-2004 11:08 AM

At Lowe's, Eddie Bauer has square paint chips that you can cut the names off of. It creates a smaller square that is about 2.5 x 2.5 so it makes a nice little accent piece.
Catie

CrabbyAbbe 10-07-2004 11:45 AM

I believe Home Depot (or is it Lowe's?) carries paint chips in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head. They might also carry other cartoon shapes too.

Crazystamper 10-07-2004 12:44 PM

I went and got a Behr paint chip and it is huge! Thanks!

Stampingsanders 10-07-2004 12:57 PM

great idea

I really like is new idea. Thanks for sharing

demodarla 10-07-2004 01:50 PM

The paint chips from Sears have really small words that are easy to cut off.

HTH - Darla

Catie 10-07-2004 04:07 PM

We just got back from K-Mart. Martha has some nice sized chips too.

Man, there are soooo many jokes to make right now...Must...not...make fun...of Martha...
Catie

SusieMcCormick 10-07-2004 05:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I picked up a magazine that had directions on how to make you own paint chips using the computer.. I can't remember what the mag was but bascially if you were using adobe you make the page the size you want your chip say, 1.5 x 5 inces. Then you make little square the color you want the chips.. I did mine in Print Shop and made six rectagles in by "chip" seperated by white spaces. I then picked one color for the top color and then did each desending chip in a lighter transparency.. I am going to try to attach mine.

MNdemo 10-07-2004 07:22 PM

Paint Chips

I am just wondering if the paint shops frown on loosing their samples to so many stampers. I feel a little sheepish about taking them for my stamping purpose, however, I really do love the technique. What a dilemma.

meldan 10-07-2004 07:32 PM

SEARS has some really cool ones that they show examples of different painting techniques so you get some cool textures...

lisa 10-07-2004 07:50 PM

How cool is that! Making your own paint chips - I've got to try that. Thanks for the info! :D

pfamilygal 10-07-2004 07:54 PM

My sister made a neato picture for her wall using paint chips. I'll bet it would have been even cuter it she'd stamped it! She just stacked the chips so she had three rows of color (red, white and blue). It would be really cute with, say, flowers stamped on it.

row4d 10-07-2004 07:55 PM

Re: Paint Chips

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNdemo
I am just wondering if the paint shops frown on loosing their samples to so many stampers. I feel a little sheepish about taking them for my stamping purpose, however, I really do love the technique. What a dilemma.

No more so than losing them to interior design students assembling sample boards for their studio projects! :P

Kerilou 10-08-2004 12:28 PM

paint chips

most times, the words will erase right off the paint chip...I just use a regular pencil eraser...Kerilou

gerrier2 10-08-2004 12:32 PM

taking words off paint chips

sometimes using a white eraser will take the words off without taking the colour off