Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2004, 03:52 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ornaments..... has anyone tried.....

polyshinking INSIDE the clear ball?

I was seeing way too many ideas in my brain last night while sleeping and one of them was using a dangling santa inside ....

but have no idea if it will work as there is no way to flatten the pice inside....

hmmmm - also wonder if the heat inside the globe would shatter it????

looks like i will try is over an empty trash can so if it does break I am not having a major mess to clean p.....

OK rambling stream of consciencemess here - getting off my rump and will report back!

Smiles

Kate
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I have never tried this idea but I have some experience with baking the glass ornaments when I paint on them with enamels. Why not put the poly shrink in the ornament like you would the acetate. I would suspend it by wire. Than put the whole thing into a cold oven (That's the recomendation on the enamel bottles to keep the glass from breaking due to quick temperature changes.) Turn the oven on to what ever temperature your supposed to use to shrink the poly shrink and keep an eye on it until it has stopped shrinking. Turn the oven off and leave the ornament in there until it is cool. Cold air hitting the hot ornament could also cause it to break. I think it might just work. If you try it, please let me know how it goes. I can just see santa and his reindeer dangling in the middle of it. Good luck. Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

so could you wrap it in aluminum foil in case it does break it won't be all over the oven?
I am ready to try one now as well!!!
I think I have some of those globes in the closet from a while ago, I just used some gold paint pen on them and filled with a fake christmas tree and snow, now I can stamp ..... the possibilities are endless.

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes