Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Organization PAYS off! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/organization-pays-off-210215/)

psychkim 01-01-2007 03:06 PM

Organization PAYS off!

I am so excited as I have spent the last few days "organizing" my stamp room. I now have all of my cardstock in a 2 drawer file cabinet, my eyelets and brads are all in one container, I have my punches all in a cabinet near my work area vs in the closet, have my Sizzix and dies out instead of in the closet, my Accu Cut big die cut machine is out and I am about to start on my LARGE ribbon collection.

So...the payoff not only came from being able to see what I have and get to it quickly but in the process of cleaning up, I found a 100.00 gift card for Michaels from about 2 years ago :) :) :)

Hope everyone is having a nice new years!

sarah9678 01-01-2007 03:08 PM

HOLY MOLY!!! That was well worth the time and sweat!!

Pearlann66 01-01-2007 03:09 PM

Wow it must be your lucky day!!!

nmslmomto3 01-01-2007 03:10 PM

congrats on your cleaning up and on the cleaning up on the card!

restongal 01-01-2007 03:16 PM

Wow, what a great surprise to find, have fun shopping :mrgreen:

al_silver2 01-01-2007 04:09 PM

I agree...I was cleaning out my underwear drawer :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and discovered $200 of last year's birthday money. YAY, SAB here I come!!!!

Kittypaws 01-01-2007 04:39 PM

I organized my stamp space and cleaned out my underwear drawer, too, and I didn't find squat......sigh.

mollymoo951 01-01-2007 04:40 PM

What a very pleasant surprise - finding the Michael's $100 gift card. I suppose it's like finding a $20 dollar bill in your coat pocket from a coat worn last winter.

I, too, spent a day last week rearranging my stamping stuff - making it more accessible, etc. It's a job, but sure is satisfying.

jtax 01-01-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychkim
I am so excited...I found a 100.00 gift card for Michaels from about 2 years ago :) :) :)

Hope everyone is having a nice new years!

WooHoo - what a great find! have fun spending it!

Chris in Memphis 01-01-2007 05:47 PM

Wow. When I reorganize it ususally costs me $100 to get new containers, etc. to hold the stuff. I like your way better.

psychkim 01-01-2007 05:51 PM

Yup...pretty exciting except I just tried to go to Michaels to get some storage containers for my 12 x 12 papers and they were closed :(

Guess I will go clean out the closet in my stamp room and wait until the morning to organize the 12 x 12 paper!

stampinformom 01-01-2007 07:52 PM

[quote=psychkim]I am so excited as I have spent the last few days "organizing" my stamp room. I now have all of my cardstock in a 2 drawer file cabinet, my eyelets and brads are all in one container, I have my punches all in a cabinet near my work area vs in the closet, have my Sizzix and dies out instead of in the closet, my Accu Cut big die cut machine is out and I am about to start on my LARGE ribbon collection.

So...the payoff not only came from being able to see what I have and get to it quickly but in the process of cleaning up, I found a 100.00 gift card for Michaels from about 2 years ago :) :) :)

Congrats on the find, but I will give you a warning. For some reason, I thought I heard that gift cards expire at some point. I may have heard wrong, but I thought the news said one time thats how stores make their money is because some people dont use their cards or wait too long. So the stores have the money and get to keep their merchandise. Good Luck and I hope I am wrong!!!

psychkim 01-01-2007 08:12 PM

Hi Linda

Thanks for the caution on the gift card expiring..luckily I am in California and they do not expire but I understand in many other states they do! Sure seems like if you pay for a card it should not expire huh! Happy New Years :)

StampinOma 01-01-2007 08:22 PM

Unfortunately the only thing I have found when reorganizing my room is duplicates and that I have too much!!!

That's cool that you found that. Have fun shopping!!!

neece 01-01-2007 08:38 PM

Congrats on finding that gift card! Also in getting your crafting space organized!

Your little "find" of the day reminded me of a couple times we found money...

Once when dh and I finally decided to balance the checking account (*blush* this happened when we were first married, many moons ago). Anyhow, dh found we had $400 more in the account than we thought. Turns out he had deposited a check from his second job, and FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN in the register! LOL We felt like we had hit the lottery!

Another time when there was too much week between checks, he found 40 dollars in a coat pocket. Not a moment too soon either! LOL

Have fun spending your gc! :-)