Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Ordering on a Demo's website (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ordering-demos-website-565157/)

Just1more 11-30-2012 08:01 AM

Ordering on a Demo's website

I have a question for demonstrators that have websites that people can order from. I'm not sure how it works but I would think you could either log on to see if anyone has placed an order or you would get an automatic email from the company letting you know an order has been placed from your website. My question is do you send an email acknowledging the order and thanking your customer?

I have logged on and ordered recently from a scentsy dealer, SU and pampered chef. Only one time did I get an email from the seller thanking me for my order.

stampinX6 11-30-2012 08:02 AM

I make sure I send an email and I send out a fun card with a surprise thanking them again for their order.

lindylou1220 11-30-2012 08:24 AM

Always!

I also get a TY card out as soon as I can.

cr8iveme 11-30-2012 10:38 AM

I think it's just good business practice and common courtesy to contact someone that's ordered from your website.

binkiemonstermom 11-30-2012 11:36 AM

I see this in two ways: as a customer and as a demo.

As a demo, I send a Thank You card by snail mail. It is always a card that I have made. And I recently got the idea from other demos here to write my note to the person on a sticker note, so that they can refuse the card!! I thought that was a GREAT idea!!!

I didn't send an email because I didn't want to harass them to much. I thought the card was a good way to say thank you!!! And show some of the products in person!!!!

Makalah 11-30-2012 05:59 PM

I would be thrilled with an online order and definitely would send a thank you card. I have yet to have someone order from my site, so I'd follow up to show my appreciation as well as to offer to help in the future if they had questions or needed catalogs.

If you have other options for those vendors, you could always try someone else if that kind of follow-up is important to you. I haven't looked into Scentsy or PC, but there are 10+ SU demos within 5 miles from me, so if your area is similar, you can keep shopping until you find a better match. :)

SkyNacho 11-30-2012 08:28 PM

How much info does the "Rep" get if you order directly online AND have the item shipped straight to you? Do they get it right away? Is is possible that the representative doesn't even know who you are? I think I'd wait a little bit past when I get my order to see if the rep acknowledges me.

The other thing-- and this is just me-- I just ordered some 31 gifts online, but I did it through the link to a party that someone I know is having (because it's just an online party, not an in person party). In that situation, the person I want the thank you from is the hostess, not the rep.

binkiemonstermom 12-01-2012 04:23 AM

I am not sure about other companies but I have my Stampin' Up website to send me an email as soon as an order is placed. I am not sure if those other companies have those options or not.

LancasterLurker 12-01-2012 04:42 PM

My upline got a surprise order the other day (who knows, it could have been YOU!) and hasn't known whether to send an email thanks or not, because the name on the address was different than the name on the email, and she's worried she might spoil the surprise if it's a Christmas gift. Could that be the case here?

Just1more 12-03-2012 09:38 AM

"And I recently got the idea from other demos here to write my note to the person on a sticker note, so that they can refuse the card!!" This made me laugh because I seriously couldn't figure out why someone would want to refuse the card. It finally dawned on me that is should have been re-use which is a great idea!

muscrat 12-03-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1more (Post 19863804)
"And I recently got the idea from other demos here to write my note to the person on a sticker note, so that they can refuse the card!!" This made me laugh because I seriously couldn't figure out why someone would want to refuse the card. It finally dawned on me that is should have been re-use which is a great idea!

I got a good giggle over that one too!

binkiemonstermom 12-03-2012 03:51 PM

Oh geesh......yes, reuse!!!! And I would love to say I didn't reread that post....but I did!!! And still didn't catch it!!!!

muscrat 12-03-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom (Post 19864660)
Oh geesh......yes, reuse!!!! And I would love to say I didn't reread that post....but I did!!! And still didn't catch it!!!!

We knew what you meant, but needed the giggle so consider that you've done your good deed for the day! LOL

newlystamping 12-03-2012 05:04 PM

Yep, always!!

mandypandy 12-04-2012 10:07 AM

I always get the e-mail stating that someone has ordered online. Then a few days later I check beck to see when it should arrive to my customer and send them a quick e-mail thanking them for the order and to let them know when it should be delivered. Then after delivering (according to UPS) I send a hand made card thanking them again and reminding them to let me know if they have questions about any of the products.

I think it's strange that no one has acknowledged your orders at all. Maybe they are waiting until after it gets delivered?

hegwalker 12-04-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandypandy (Post 19866151)
I always get the e-mail stating that someone has ordered online. Then a few days later I check beck to see when it should arrive to my customer and send them a quick e-mail thanking them for the order and to let them know when it should be delivered. Then after delivering (according to UPS) I send a hand made card thanking them again and reminding them to let me know if they have questions about any of the products.

Ditto. I like my customers, new and recurring, to know how much I appreciate their business.