Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Opinions please "Designing with Stamping" book

Has anyone seen Autumn Leaves "Designing with Stamping" book? I can't find it locally and have only seen the ad pics at online stores. Is it heavy on one style? (Shabby for instance.) Does it have some great techniques and directions or is it mostly just pictures with supply lists? Finally, is it worth the $20 price tag? Or would a subscription to Pat's Technique Junkie newsletter be better? (I'm already a member of the SCS fan club.) Thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have Designing with Notions, with Words, with Textures. Great sources of inspiration. I haven't had a chance to preview with Stamping, but considering how much I enjoyed the other 3 titles mentioned, I'm highly interested in it. The only thing that's holding me back to ordering it sight unseen, is that I don't scrap at all. And I'm trying to curttail my purchases of books that have a lot of scrapbook content, since it's not really my area of interest?

I hope someone else can give us a preview . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found it at a local stamp store here in Dallas and HIGHLY recommend it! It's amazing! The other Designing With books are good too, but this one really is incredible. You won't regret it! Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 08:55 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you, ladies, for your replies! I'm not familiar with the other AL books so this really helps. Angie, thanks for letting me know the stamping one is incredible - I'm off to order it. And Julie, when it comes I'll let you know if it's just for scrapbooking or if there are things that'd be great for cards and other stamping projects.
Reply With Quote Likes