Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Opinion needed please. . . (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/opinion-needed-please-33916/)

roo613 03-08-2005 10:42 AM

Opinion needed please. . .

I wanted to get the majority of the work on my announcements done before the baby arrives (which is going to be Thursday). I don't know the sex, so I decided to use neutral colors for the outside. Then, I will complete the inside after the birth.
Here is my first question: Should I do the inside according to the sex (pretty in pink, barely banana, and white or bliss blue, barely banana, and white) OR should i stick with the mellow moss??
Second question: Should I have "It's a . . ." somewhere on the outside of the announcement?
I am going to try and post the link, but if it fails, please go to my gallery. I only have 3 measly cards in it, so you should be able to find it easily!! :oops:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...cat=500&page=1

I know I can depend on ya'll for opinions (we are a very opinionated bunch. . . in a good way!! :lol: )!! Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
mel

StampinManda 03-08-2005 10:48 AM

I think your card is beautiful and perfect the way it is! I wouldn't worry about making the inside blue or pink, I'd stick with the color scheme you used on the outside to give consistency. Also, I don't think it needs to say "It's a girl" or It's a boy" on the outside. . .your card is so enticing to open, you should save that secret until they open the card.

Just my opinion :)

Congrats on your new baby to come!

shannonlspears 03-08-2005 10:52 AM

I like it

You did such a good job. I say leave the outside just the way it is..... and stick with the mellow moss on the inside....but maybe stamp the "It's a ??" in pink or blue. That way it seems more like a surprise. They have to open it to find out anything.

londonrain 03-08-2005 10:55 AM

I would leave the outside exactly as it is and just use the same colors inside. I agree that it begs to be opened to reveal more.

sherristampsalot 03-08-2005 10:57 AM

It's a beautiful card! I would stay with the colors on the front... use the green color on the inside, too. Best wishes to you and your new little one!

stampinstephy 03-08-2005 10:58 AM

i agree, this card is really cute the way it is...leave the inside to match the outside...i wouldn't put its a....on the outside, just so they have to open it to find out. jmho

malindaplace 03-08-2005 10:59 AM

Your card is lovely - I wouldn't change a thing!

Kalkaskamz 03-08-2005 11:00 AM

Absolutely gorgeous! Leave it the way it is...and stick with your color theme! Way beautiful! Best wishes for a pain free birth!

wozi14 03-08-2005 11:03 AM

I love it the way it is and TOTALLY agree that it is begging to be opened...

I would leave the announcement on the inside! How fun would it be to open !!!

I think a lot!!!!

Best wishes! and Congratulations!

miss missy 03-08-2005 11:06 AM

That is a beautiful card, I agree with eveyone else, no need for its a ... on the outside and stick with the color theme on the inside. Congratualations to you and enjoy your new baby.

hadleyzoo 03-08-2005 11:08 AM

I think the outside is beautiful--wouldn't change a thing!

Tiffany

Melissa 8791 03-08-2005 11:15 AM

It's perfect so don't change anything! I like the suggestion about keeping the color scheme the same on the inside.

I'm going to CASE your card for an upcoming baby shower.

Melissa

WeimFamily 03-08-2005 11:18 AM

Wow - what a beautiful card. I'd stick with your color scheme and leave it as is. You could stamp "it's a boy/girl" on the envelope...

mama2jackson 03-08-2005 11:29 AM

It's gorgeous! I would definately keep the mellow moss and barely banana for the inside! I LOVE that color combo!

JoyOfStamping 03-08-2005 11:33 AM

I love it! The colors are PERFECT!

Jminks 03-08-2005 11:41 AM

Re

I love it. I would stick to the colors on the front.

Julie

smartinez182 03-08-2005 11:49 AM

I'm with everybody else. I think it is just to cute. I wish I had been stamping when I had my kids. O well there is always my sister. Maybe she will let me make her announcements with her next kid. :D

kahoogstad 03-08-2005 11:58 AM

I'd definitely stick with the colour scheme you have now instead of introducing new colours inside. That card is so cute! You did an excellent job!!

Janet Swofford 03-08-2005 12:03 PM

I love your card! I wouldn't change a thing! Congrats on your baby! You are so smart to get a head start on the announcements before the big arrival. Keep us up dated on how things go with the birth. I'm so excited for you. There's nothing better than a new little one. My oldest turned 17 yesterday, so I'm missing the baby thing. Every stage is fun and an adventure, but I miss those early days. They are so precious!!! Cherish every moment... it goes by fast. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Janet

tmarie 03-08-2005 12:17 PM

Love your card, it's precious! I would leave it just as it is, and use the colors from the front inside as well!

Congratulations and blessings on your new baby! You'll have to let us SCS Aunties know if we have a new niece or nephew! :D

CajunStamper 03-08-2005 12:35 PM

I'm going with what seems to be the general concensus here and say your announcement is perfect and don't change a thing! Love the color combination. You did a super job!

And where are you comin' from with that "ya'll"?

Ginger

stepheb 03-08-2005 12:41 PM

I vote on keeping the inside on either Mellow Moss or Barely Banana. I think using pink or blue would make the card too busy.

Adorable though! Congrats on your soon to arrive little one!

scrapaholic 03-08-2005 12:52 PM

I think it is absolutely beautiful and adorable, no need to write anything on the outside, nor change the color scheme inside the card. It is just wonderful the way it is. :D

roo613 03-08-2005 04:41 PM

I just want to say "thanks" for all of your opinions and help. I also appreciate all of your encouraging words and best wishes for our new little one.
It is so awesome to have a place like this to share not only a hobby but our lives.
You girls are great!! I'll let you know about our new arrival as soon as I am up to it!

mel