Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Only 24 Index Cards Needed! Do you have these sets? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/only-24-index-cards-needed-do-you-have-these-sets-244005/)

kellestamps 04-27-2007 02:15 PM

Only 24 Index Cards Needed! Do you have these sets?

We are down to the final few SU! sets in the SCS Gallery that need index cards--only 24 left to make before all the new sets start coming out in the 2007-2008 catalog. Can you help by making an index card for one of the stamp sets listed below?

So, what is an index card you may ask? Well, it is a card made from all of the images of a given stamp set--like this one:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=53117&cat=749

Stampin' Up!'s copyright rules do not allow us to just photo copy the stickers or just stamp the images on a piece of paper and post those at the front of each gallery. Instead, the goal is to make the stamped images look like a card--but only displaying the images from that set.

What can you do to help? Look over the list below and decide if you have any of the stamp sets. If you do, post to this thread which stamp sets you'd be willing to make an index card. I will post to this thread to confirm that you have been assigned the sets you want to do (to make sure there are no duplicate efforts by all of you). Go and make your best card front with each image in your stamp sets and upload the images to the special collection "Index Gallery". Then post to the sticky index thread at the top of the General Stamping Talk forum to tell the mods that you have uploaded index cards for your stamp sets (please list them). The mods will then move the card to the appropriate set gallery and make it so that it is no longer in your personal gallery. Your artwork will then be forever more the first image in that set's gallery--a little immoratality and a little personal pride knowing you have helped SCS!

choo choo
crab & company--dzmindy
desert friends
fashion statements--stagccva
flowers in bloom
friends are like quilts
girl talk--Sara in WI
heart blossoms
Holiday basics--dmsouthall
holiday happiness--inkymommy
Holiday trim
lively little ones
off the chart
over the top
para ti--Miabel
roll on
short order alpha--TruCarMa
sweet songbirds
taking shape--stampwithkristen
teachers aid--Oscar T. Grouch
warm wishes
winter foliage
wish for you, a
with honor wheel--julia_s

I hope you can help me finish up this project--I can't believe how much has been accomplished so far!

Thanks, in advance, for all your efforts,
Kelle

Sara in WI 04-27-2007 02:39 PM

Do you still need Girl Talk? I could get it to you in about a week!
Sara

kellestamps 04-27-2007 03:08 PM

I forgot about girl talk--I accidentally crossed it off on my to do list when you sent me your last card, Sara. So yes, I do need it if you have it!

Thanks,
Kelle

krabearkub 04-27-2007 04:53 PM

I don't have any of those sets.... :(

raduse 04-27-2007 05:34 PM

Don't have any of these unfortunately.:(

kellestamps 04-27-2007 05:34 PM

krabearkub & raduse....thank you for helping me keep this thread bumped up! I am sorry you don't have any of these sets--the index cards you did make for sets that you did have were FABULOUS!

Kelle

StampOwl 04-27-2007 06:14 PM

just letting you know that I just received the stamp set I promised to do today from my party - so I will get my last one done tomorrow and post it then.

mesuezee 04-27-2007 08:14 PM

I stamped New Beginnings tonight! I will get the picture and upload ASAP!

stampinarmymom 04-27-2007 08:33 PM

Good Things +

I have Good Things and I also have Poetry in Motion. I can stamp those and post to the Index Gallery. It might be a day or two before I get it done, but will get that soon! Thanks for asking if I could do this for Good Things. After looking at the list, I realized I have another set!

willosmama 04-27-2007 08:34 PM

I'll look through my stuff....

stampin_girlie29 04-27-2007 08:57 PM

Awww!!! I don't have any of these sets. Sorry!!

(BUMP)

kellestamps 04-28-2007 04:49 AM

I will watch for your index card for New Beginnings, mesuezee, and Stampowl, thank you for letting me know you are still willing to help with stamp of authenticity!

Stampinarmymom (Marcia) I have you down for poetry in motion and good things!

You are all great!
Kelle

dmsouthall 04-28-2007 05:02 AM

I can do the HOLIDAY BASICS - - -

Marian

Miabel 04-28-2007 06:39 AM

I can do "Para ti"!!

kellestamps 04-28-2007 08:14 AM

dmsouthall--Great! I have you down for holiday basics.
Miabel--you get para ti!

Thank you both for offering to help--just please let me know if you can when you upload your index cards to the index card gallery by posting in the sticky at the top of the general stamping talk forum.

Thanks again!
Kelle

Cassandranet 04-28-2007 09:11 AM

I can do 'Travels Abroad'. I will try to get to it today! :)

kellestamps 04-28-2007 10:41 AM

Cassandra--I have you down for Travels Abroad--thank you for offering to help!

Kelle

jenguin 04-28-2007 11:48 AM

I don't have any of these, but will check to see if customers do, to "borrow". I'd be more than willing to help out come the new catty.
Jen

StampOwl 04-28-2007 07:03 PM

Bumping this up

I have now done Stamp of Authenticity and uploaded to to the Index gallery and posted my note where it needed to go.

I don't have any of the other sets otherwise I would volunteer to do more.

stampinarmymom 04-28-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin
I don't have any of these, but will check to see if customers do, to "borrow". I'd be more than willing to help out come the new catty.
Jen

I hadn't even thought about the new stamp sets that will be coming out. If you need me to, I can help with those as well.

kellestamps 04-29-2007 03:47 AM

Yes, this is going to be an ongoing thing, as long as SU! keeps putting out new stamp sets! So I will be back asking for help as soon as we can get our hands on all the new sets. Thank you for already being willing volunteers!

Kelle

kellestamps 04-29-2007 09:16 AM

Just a Sunday afternoon bump...

Hello....just bumping.....

Kelle

florida_scrapper 04-29-2007 09:59 AM

I have the stamp set Sea Life and noticed it is not in the gallery. Can you pm with instructions and I will make one for it.

Vivian Swain

chrisations.ink 04-29-2007 10:27 AM

I was just given 2 retired sets. They do not have the name labels. I think one might be Friends are like quilts. There are 19 stamps in the set, which seems like an odd number. The largest stamp is a frame and there are two sentiments that say "friends like quilts, give comfort when needed, and "when this you see remember me". Is this one that you need? Please PM me.

Also the other set I acquired is a set with 4 "mice" stamps. Miss you, celebrate, get well wishes and friend to friend. Is this one on the list?

Thanks for taking the time to organize the index cards. They have sure helped me!

mesuezee 04-30-2007 03:39 AM

I finally just uploaded New Beginnings. Sorry it took so long!

LisaDRHC 05-10-2007 10:32 AM

Sensational Scenery?

I have Girl Talk and one that is not in the gallery or mentioned. It is called Sensational Scenery. Ring any bells, anyone?

Oscar T. Grouch 05-10-2007 11:41 AM

I just ordered Teachers Aide, I can do it when it comes in

Sara in WI 05-10-2007 03:47 PM

I'm done with Girl Talk and will have it in the mail Friday~
`

Marinaof5 05-10-2007 03:55 PM

sorry I ave non of these...I am hoping to get Lively little ones if i do i will let you know

kellestamps 05-10-2007 05:51 PM

Goodness, I have been bad about replying to you all in a prompt manner. I am sorry about that--sometimes life is busier than you want it to be. Let's see here:

Marinaof5--let me know if you get lively little ones!
SarainWI--I look forward to getting your girl talk index
Oscar T. Grouch--Thank you for volunteering to do Teachers Aid!
LisaDRHC--SarainWI is going to do Girl Talk, I must've forgotten to update that one and I apologize for the confusion. I seem to remember sensational scenery--there isn't a gallery for it at this time. On some of these older sets without galleries, we still want people to do index cards for these sets if they want. It will just be loaded into (in this case) the general R-S SU! set gallery. The mods will not create a new gallery just for an index card, but the index card will be there for that set. The bottom line, please do create an index card for sensational scenery if you have the chance!
mesuezee--thank you for letting me know about new beginnings! I get to update my count!!
christations.ink--the friends are like quilts set I need is only a set of 4 stamps--not 19 (I think the set you have is Quilts Give Comfort--but it is only a set of 17 stamps....) Thank you for checking. I have no idea on the mice set...I just can't remember them all (although I have been stamping with SU! stamps for 10 years!)
florida_scrapper--See the comments under Lisa above--please make a Sea Life index if you have the chance!

Whew...did I forget anyone?

Thanks again for helping!

Kelle

happystamper05 05-10-2007 06:51 PM

Sorry, I don't have any more to help you with but just wait until that new catalog comes in.... ;-)

Keeping this to the top for you, Kelle

stampincuzILuv2 05-10-2007 09:09 PM

I think I have A Wish For You do you know what catty it was in? Mine is a set of 4 I think and the rubber is green. If that's the set let me know and
I'd be happy to stamp it for ya!

kellestamps 05-12-2007 01:24 PM

stampincuzIluv2: Hummm...A wish for you is an 8 piece set that was around from 1999 to 2002. So it doesn't sound like the same one we're looking for. I appreciate you letting me know about your set, although I don't know what the name of your set is either--but I remember a green rubber set I had a long time ago (and gave away later...)

ETA: The stamp set we are looking for for "A wish for you" is the Simply Sent set from this past winter mini. There is coincidentally another SU! set by the same name as I mentioned above. Interesting huh? I know SU! has used the same names for different sets in the past by accident. When you have made over 2040 stamp sets, you have to become creative with their names!!!

Take care,
Kelle

kellestamps 05-13-2007 05:42 AM

Just a Sunday Morning bump...happy mother's day!

Kelle

Stampaholic2004 05-13-2007 08:38 PM

On the Nile does not have a spot or index, Do we want them for stamps sets that no one seems to upload? I can make one if we are doing all of them...

TruCarMa 05-14-2007 03:10 AM

I have Short Order alpha -- do you still need this?

SophieLaFontaine 05-18-2007 08:51 AM

Um, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but...there is an index card floating around in the Serenite gallery.

kellestamps 05-18-2007 09:37 AM

SophieLaFontaine--thanks for letting us know about the floating index card. I think I fixed it--or it will be fixed in a little while when the gallery "refreshes" itself.

TruCarMa--Yes please, we still need short order Alpha. I will put you down for this--thank you for offering to help!

Stampaholic--I am not sure why some older SU! sets have galleries and some do not. But some don't and right now I don't think that the gallery mods are creating new galleries just to put an index card in it. However, if you upload an index card for on the nile to the "O" gallery, it will be there if someone were to search for it. So go ahead an make one if you want!

Thanks again for all your help!
Kelle

stampwithdiane 05-18-2007 09:42 AM

I have the short order alpha. This will give me a good reason to mount it :-). Please let me know what I need to do.

kellestamps 05-18-2007 09:49 AM

stampwithdiane--wow, when it rains it pours--trucarma (cute screen name) just volunteered to do short order alpha. I will contact you in a week or two if we still need it and then it will give you the perfect excuse to mount it. Plus, you'll be waiting for the new SU! catalog and wanting something to do anyway! Thank you for offering to help.

Kelle