Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-10-2021, 07:03 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 863 Likes on 286 Posts
Default CRAFTERS COMPANION Die and Stamp Storage

Hi All. I'm looking at getting my daughter the Crafter's Companion Die and Stamp storage folder and the panels to put in it. My question is do the magnet panels also have a slick side to store photopolymer stamps on or is it just the black magnet sheet? The description says they are die AND stamp storage but only shows the black magnet. Anyhow my brain is deep in a fog these days (life stuff trying to get the best of me) and just don't know.

Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,971 Posts

I have the previous version of the folder and the panels look the same as what I have. One side is magnetic for dies and the other side is slick to place stamp on. It works well for red rubber with foam and also for photopolymer.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
UnderstandBlue (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 863 Likes on 286 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
I have the previous version of the folder and the panels look the same as what I have. One side is magnetic for dies and the other side is slick to place stamp on. It works well for red rubber with foam and also for photopolymer.
thank you so much! Happy Holidays to you
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by beaddict:
ChrisO (12-10-2021), lovinpaper (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 743 Likes on 362 Posts

Is this the 3-ring plastic box binder? I have to warn you not to get that. I had 'em. Thought they were going to be fabulous. Not. They crack and break like crazy. Get heavy when full. Don't drop one-even empty. I got rid of them and cut up the pages to use in pockets.

Yes-you can put cling/clear on the back side. However...that puts them opposite the dies on the next page and I had chafing concerns. Didn't have them long enough to find out.

Just sayin'.....

I keep mine now in the same pockets I keep all dies (but different box for stamp/die sets) ...I pop the stamp set in the front, a piece of magnetic in the back with a thin but strong cardboard piece in the middle so they don't get bent. This keeps my stash looking more uniform visually and I don't have to have more "kinds" of storage materials. You could get her a box, and set up some pockets for her...I cut up magnetic vent covers. I get pockets on AZ. Not as strong as say Ellen Hutson but it works. I do have some of hers for odd sizes-tall or xtra wide.

Last edited by wavejumper; 12-10-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2021, 04:34 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Margot, they have changed. They are now a fabric carrier that zips. I have the plastic one. I like it as it closes so dies remain in the case. I have one case with only dies. I placed magnets on the slick side as I wanted more magnets to hold dies. I have used the tab holders without the magnetic background for stamps so I know the slick surface does hold stamps. but have no experience with them touching the dies. But, is this any different than when people place the magnetic pieces into the SU cases with the stamps in the same case? I think it is the same principle. On my sheets with photopolymer stamps, I have the acetate piece over the stamps to help protect them.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 743 Likes on 362 Posts

The SU cases have never broken on me and the set is isolated to itself.... I am glad to hear you have a positive experience with Crafters bc they are not cheap. Zippered fabric would be a huge improvement-yes keeping the dies safe is a good thing. How about the the three rings? Those used to break too....I used to stick a piece of thin CS between pages to protect the stamps.

Do you have a link to what you are looking at?
Reply With Quote Likes