Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   which one of the blending pens are the best? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/one-blending-pens-best-322050/)

ninajeanette2 02-05-2008 02:33 PM

which one of the blending pens are the best?

I have seen on ebay that they have the stampin up,prisma colour,versamark, tombow,leplume. strokes, fabrikmate, dove, whisper, tsunieko or somethin like tht,lol.
I m really getting into colouring when i ahve stamped or embossed, it is so much fun i think.
I d love to learn more though.

Horsebroad 02-05-2008 03:14 PM

I'm in the same boat you are. Ready to take my stamping to the next step, but don't know which step is best!

Erin K 02-05-2008 05:51 PM

My favorite is dove. They are refillable and you can get new tips for them. :)

Quiltnstamper 02-05-2008 07:10 PM

The first ones I bought were Marvy blender pens and I am not very happy with them because the tip gets "smoshie" too quickly, even when I am careful. I thiink I am going to switch over to Dove blenders.

chaikitty 02-05-2008 10:43 PM

Negative on the Marvy for me too. I do like SU Blender Pens, but refillable ink and replaceable tips sound like a dream!

Gatomom 02-06-2008 12:42 AM

I am going to give the Dove ones a try - I also really like the SU ones I have a bunch of the Marvy pens and even though I think I'm storing them correctly (horizontaly caps on tight!) I have a couple that one end has dried out already. I do much better with the blender pens than the waterbrushes so I'm off to order and give these a try. Thanks for the info hadn't heard of these.

Cynamom 02-06-2008 04:14 AM

I love the concept of blender pens, but I am hopeless with ANY of them! What type of coloring do you most often use them with??

Joan B 02-06-2008 06:28 AM

I use my SU blender pens (like them better than Dove -- they are probably identical but whatever!!) to touch the tip of my SU markers and then color in an image. The color is less intense and easier to blend. The trick is to sort of dab the ink onto the paper or the paper will pill.

I've tried blender pens with chalk pastels and made a HUGE mess!! LOL

Erin K 02-06-2008 06:30 AM

I mostly use mine with watercolor pencils which are my second favorite coloring tool. *copics are in the lead right now*

3boysstampin' 02-06-2008 06:35 AM

I can't say which is best since I've only used SU!, but I use them when I watercolor a smaller area. For larger images, I think the Aqua Painter does the better job.

debcst 02-06-2008 06:56 AM

I refill my SU blender pens with the Dove refill...works fine!

Cynamom 02-06-2008 07:17 AM

Interesting. I think pilling is the reason I don't use them.

lbirus 02-06-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom (Post 8669730)
Interesting. I think pilling is the reason I don't use them.

Blender pens work well for picking up color from the lid of your pads, using with reinkers, watercolor crayons, watercolor pencils, I love it them for picking up color with your chalk pastels (touch it to the corner of your chalk then take to the paper).

-There is also a tutoral called "no copics, no problem" by Julie Beuhler (reneejul) that is fantastic. I use that technique with my blenders all the time. Just color your image with the clear blender pen, then use markers and blend with the blender pen, the gylcerine in the blender helps the colors meld together better and leaves no lines. Fantastic!

I prefer SUs blender pens becuase they are 3/ $10, and bc I bought my first set in 1999 and only recently needed to replace them. That's a value! The marvy just do not work as well (too hard a tip).

As for the pilling, it could be your paper. SU's Whisper White works fine for me but the Confetti White is even stronger for really wet watercoloring, or of course, their watercolor paper works well.

ninajeanette2 02-06-2008 12:50 PM

have anyone tried the tsusineko ones, you get lots for ur money here:
http://stores.ebay.com/This-That-and...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

raggedyanne 02-06-2008 10:17 PM

I love SU blender pens. They are one of my favorite tools. I use them with pastels & pick up ink from the lid of classic pads. I also have used them to blend the edges of a stamped image.