Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   which one is better.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/one-better-185076/)

lexant 09-20-2006 07:45 PM

which one is better....

I was wondering which tac marker set is better, the impress dual markers or the tombow markers? please let me know why.
cathy

jeanstamping2 09-20-2006 11:54 PM

I'm jumping in on this one. Tombow Marker's are much better than the impress one's.

My sister just got the Tombow Marker's in her TAC kit.
And she loves them!!

I have some of the same marker's and they have a rich color to them. Dual end's. And you can find replacements for them in a Craft store unlike the impress ones.

jeanstamping2 09-20-2006 11:57 PM

Plus with the Tombow Marker's you have a choice of 3 color families.
Bright, Earth, and Pastel

where the Impress marker's only have 2 color families
Bright, and Pastel.

dianerh 09-22-2006 07:47 AM

I sold my Impress to get the Tombows. There are more techniques that you can do with them that I tried with the Impress and couldn't do. HTH! :-)

patcreates 09-22-2006 07:57 AM

Another vote for the Tombows! I love them! They color very well and you don't get those marker lines like you do with other markers. :)

MissyO 09-22-2006 08:37 AM

Okay so I have them both and to be honest with you, I like them both. When I joined TAC we were not given the choice of Impress or Tombow we only got the Impress. I use the Tombow when I am working on articles of clothing as it doesn't fade a easily as the Impress and I rally use the Impress to color on wood. So I guess I would have to ask what were you looking to do with them? I like them both. Just my $0.02 worth. :neutral:

HTH. :grin:

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN

kphorse 09-22-2006 12:28 PM

Tombow without question!

You can add colors, you can't on the Impress as easy.

Tombow's are smooth and richer in color too.

Just my 2 cents worth!

lexant 09-22-2006 12:29 PM

thanks you ladies for all of your replys- I think tombow it is!!! thanks again,
cathy

Skittl1321 09-22-2006 02:35 PM

I don't have tombows but I have to tell you, I am MORE than happy with my Impress. They are the best markers I have ever had.

IMBlessed5 09-22-2006 07:18 PM

You can in fact buy Impress markers - I saw them at Jeffrey Allans a couple weeks ago.

I had chosen the Impress set with my starter kit because I was thinking it was a better deal since it had a couple more markers in it. But from what I hear I wish I would have gone with the Tombow. I only have the Gray Tombow for shading and love it. I rarely use my Impress because I have the "brights" set and I'm not all that "in" to bright colors. Prefer the more muted softer tones.

lexant 09-23-2006 03:59 AM

which ones can you use to color on the rubber stamps ?

patcreates 09-23-2006 04:49 AM

The Tombows can be used to color on the rubber stamps. I am not sure about Impress, but I would think they can also.

lgulotta 09-23-2006 05:16 AM

Sure, they both can. I have the Impress from my starter kit (when there wasn't a choice) and they are dual-tipped as well. I don't use mine much, because they are brighter colors than I usually prefer to work with, but when I have used them, they've been fine.

jeanstamping2 09-23-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexant
which ones can you use to color on the rubber stamps ?

You can use them both to color.

But I prefer the Tombow marker over the Impress ones.

Because you can use them for more things than you can the Impress ones.

So since you get a choice in which markers to get. Try on getting the ones that you think you would use more.

Skittl1321 09-23-2006 04:26 PM

A few people have said that Tombow markers can be used for more things than Impress- what are these things?

I'm confused.

Faereygirl 09-23-2006 04:55 PM

Love my Impress Markers....but i actually hardly ever use markers...its usually always only my Prismacolors!

jeanstamping2 09-25-2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBlessed5
You can in fact buy Impress markers - I saw them at Jeffrey Allans a couple weeks ago.

I had chosen the Impress set with my starter kit because I was thinking it was a better deal since it had a couple more markers in it. But from what I hear I wish I would have gone with the Tombow. I only have the Gray Tombow for shading and love it. I rarely use my Impress because I have the "brights" set and I'm not all that "in" to bright colors. Prefer the more muted softer tones.

Yes you can purchase Impress marker in a Set!

But I have not found them in anywhere as a Single Marker.

Some times you don't want to purchase the whole set, you just want to purchase one.

With Tombow Markers you can do both!

Which is very nice!!!

jeanstamping2 09-25-2006 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
A few people have said that Tombow markers can be used for more things than Impress- what are these things?

I'm confused.

Here a few things that you can use Tombow Markers on:
And I am quoting other's here:
("Missy O": articles of clothing)
(Patcreates: Another vote for the Tombows! I love them! They color very well and you don't get those marker lines like you do with other markers)

(KpHorse: Tombow's are smooth and richer in color too.)

From online: Brush Pen combines a flexible brush tip and a fine tip in one marker. The brush tip works like a paintbrush to create fine, medium, or bold strokes, while the fine tip gives consistent lines. Whether your business is graphic art, illustration, textile design or just making office graphs and charts, you’ll appreciate the full, brilliant colors of the Dual Brush Pen