Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default identify this stamp

Can anyone t ell me what this stamp is? I don' think it is made in the US. Thanks. Judi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This looks a lot like a stamp from Paper Artsy's Eclectica Lin Brown Stamp Set 22. The stamp is shown upright but most Eclectic stamps are bendable. Paper Artsy is an Australian company, and I'm a fan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
This looks a lot like a stamp from Paper Artsy's Eclectica Lin Brown Stamp Set 22. The stamp is shown upright but most Eclectic stamps are bendable. Paper Artsy is an Australian company, and I'm a fan.
I think they are in the UK, not Australia.

xubie-- is it the thistle type stamp you're looking for? And is there any stamp related info at all on the magazine pages? It looks like you have a Take Ten or other Stampington issue, and they usually publish supply lists... maybe some of the other info will have a clue...

Last edited by SkyNacho; 02-29-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Quite correct,skynacho, Paper Arsty are a UK company, Louisa May, I think you may be thinking of Darkroom Door?
Anyway, I think this may be the plate- Paper Artsy, assuming it's the flower you were after.
Sorry, editing here,as having had a good look, it isn't actually the same stamp. Very similar, but not the same. The spikes on the thistle head don't curve outwards on the Paper Artsy one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

I believe the name had Nature in it. I found it on the web. and I found a store in FL that ordered this company's stamp but did not have this one. I lost all my emails and lost the information. You are right, the Paper Artsy stamp is not the same stamp. There was no info on the stamp in the magazine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2016, 03:19 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Ok, been doing a bit of detecting. A Google search for Thistle head got me loads of images, none of them right. Then I changed the search to Thistle Seed Heads, and got a hit on this:

The blog it was from is HERE
The post is from 2014, so it's quite old. She also doesn't seem to have blogged since last year, and the site is in Dutch. When translated to English it reads that the stamps used are by ART JOURNEY:
I used the layers .......Stamps: Art Journey Text, Grunge, Nature, Nature flowers Ink'
After following a few links, I finally found the Art Journey website, HERE, it is in the Netherlands.
I put 'Nature' in the search bar, and found this:
Nature Flowers.
Happy Stamping,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Quite correct,skynacho, Paper Arsty are a UK company, Louisa May, I think you may be thinking of Darkroom Door?
Anyway, I think this may be the plate- Paper Artsy, assuming it's the flower you were after.
Sorry, editing here,as having had a good look, it isn't actually the same stamp. Very similar, but not the same. The spikes on the thistle head don't curve outwards on the Paper Artsy one.
Yep, I did mix up the companies' nationalities! Although the spikes are straight up in the picture, thin elements of Paper Artsy Stamps are usually bendable. I have a long stemmed poppy stamp and others of theirs I can pose as if they were clay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2016, 09:01 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Ladies, thanks for the question and these replies. So glad to learn about this company. I love their stamps, and they have an online store in English. The stamp in question is still available for sale here: Nature Flowers | Art Journey stamps | Art Journey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

thanks so much for those who helped me find this. I went to the link and it seems like the store is in the UK? But I did find the store in FL (Jackonville) that sells Art Journey stamps. They don't have that one, but I will send them an email anyhow. For those of you that love their stamps, the store is Welcome to The Stamproom - Search

Also, Pinterest has a whole board by Art Journey that shows a lot of their stamps. Thanks, everyone!

Judi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Xubie, the company is in the Netherlands( Holland), a country which seems to have a number of very unusual stamping suppliers. I love that they have language translations on the site. Which may cause me to spend money, lol. As you have a store that already sells their stamps, they will most probably be able to order them in for less than the postage/shipping would cost you.
Reply With Quote Likes