Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default Ok ladies, just thought this would be kinda fun !!

I just thought that it would be fun to just see what little habits we all have when we scrap and stamp. Like for instance when I stamp for some reason when I'm by myself I have to have my TV on. Its not really like I'm watching but I have to have the noise but when I stamp/scrap with others I'm fine I just like to talk and visit while I work. Another thing is I always seem to wear the same uniform when working and its my nightgown. Probally because everyone is asleep and its midnight !!!
I always hear of people who have a certain ritual that they do and I thought it would be fun to share !!!
My friend always "somewhat" pampers herself. Its her time. Its always after a nice long shower,nightgown followed by a nice snack ( most of the time she says its a plate of chocalates) and a coke. Man that does sound like pampering. I might just try that one tonight !!

Kristie
Crosby, Texas
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I must have my radio on and turn the fan in for a cool breeze. Other than that no real rituals. I always walk into my stamp room and think geeze wish I would have put everything away last time so I can start with a clean surface. Usually when I am done I just walk away and show off my new card.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I too have the TV on...not when I stamp with others, but when I am by myself I like to have the noise. Some of my supplies have to be in certain places too--if they arent I will move some things around to get it that way...can you say OCDC?? I am not like this too much in my real life, but for some reason it really manifests when connected to stamping! Happy Stamping everyone!!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Ooops--I mean OCD!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Whever I score a piece of cardstock, I have to make 3 swipes with the score blade -- don't know why -- I just do. I've tried to stop myself after just one pass, but now it feels weird.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

While I have my own stamping room, I usually drag all my suppies out into my living room so I can watch TV while I stamp. My DH hates this.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

TV has to be on with something 1/2 way good and the fan usually has to be on. I have it sitting lower to the ground now so it does not blow everything off the desk! Oh and I have to check in here every so often, just to see what's going on.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
While I have my own stamping room, I usually drag all my suppies out into my living room so I can watch TV while I stamp. My DH hates this.

I do this too and DH has the same feeling

If I am in my stamp room I have to clean it first and then get down to work

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I drag all of the stuff out of my cabinets and sit at my new stamping table with everything spread out in front of me....

Then I ignore it while I check out SCS a while, then watch a bit of tv, then stamp a bit and color, then surf SCS a bit more, etc...

You get the idea.
Faerey Blog
Old 07-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcmeyer
I must have my radio on and turn the fan in for a cool breeze. Other than that no real rituals. I always walk into my stamp room and think geeze wish I would have put everything away last time so I can start with a clean surface. Usually when I am done I just walk away and show off my new card.

This sounds EXACTLY like me, but without the fan!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I open my window and like to listen to all the different birdies in my trees... otherwise, I turn on my radio and fan sit in my shorts and get busy... or try to...

Old 07-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Talking You, too

Quote:

Originally Posted by awayoflife
I just thought that it would be fun to just see what little habits we all have when we scrap and stamp. Like for instance when I stamp for some reason when I'm by myself I have to have my TV on. Its not really like I'm watching but I have to have the noise but when I stamp/scrap with others I'm fine I just like to talk and visit while I work. Another thing is I always seem to wear the same uniform when working and its my nightgown. Probally because everyone is asleep and its midnight !!!
I always hear of people who have a certain ritual that they do and I thought it would be fun to share !!!
My friend always "somewhat" pampers herself. Its her time. Its always after a nice long shower,nightgown followed by a nice snack ( most of the time she says its a plate of chocalates) and a coke. Man that does sound like pampering. I might just try that one tonight !!

Kristie
Crosby, Texas
I now feel validated!!!! The TV on is a requirement and when mine went out in my basement (also my usual stampin space, I had to relocate until we got another!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is so cool!
I have my stamping items located in our living room......so the tv is normally on.....but in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.....I stamp and have the tv on .....but no volume! Now that is weird! LOL
I enjoy stamping by myself....and tend to be more creative then too!
I'm kinda a loner so.....being at home by myself when dh is at work ......is not a problem and I love to stamp then.

hugs,
Lori
Old 07-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I make sure the door is firmly closed, or the cats will get in. When I say "firmly", that usually means I put something up against the door. The little devils have figured out how to open the door. You can imagine what they can do with Dazzling Diamonds and scrap paper!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I work days and DH works nights so I'm usually all alone (except the cat) to stamp. I usually have to have my radio on (classic rock, 'cause I can't get contemp. christian on that radio) -- and fan, depending on how cool it is in there.

I've noticed that I, too, run the scoring blade multiple times : down, up, down, up. Hmmm.

I seem to want to have everything on the desk with me -- and it is crowded. I get frustrated, sometimes, because of this. I definitely need a re-organization. DH and I are trying to come up with a plan to use what we already have and make it better. It's slow going....

I'm sure I have other "habits", but can't think of them now. I'll have to wait to get home and stamp to see.

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tissa27703
I now feel validated!!!! The TV on is a requirement and when mine went out in my basement (also my usual stampin space, I had to relocate until we got another!!!

I bought myself "golden girls" all the seasons and I usually watch them over and over again. I always tell my mom that its my "feel good" show.
One you don't have to think to much and try and figure it out and the other is I just think that it seems they have the best time together. That would be cool to be older and beable to live with all your friends.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Alone, in my closet! The TV is on HGTV or the headphones are on and the CD is rockin!

Raspberry tea, Altoids mints, and my dog.

Now I can stamp!

How weird?

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 07-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
Me too. If DD is asleep, DH is on the computer and I drag my things out in the living room to watch TV.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 07-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Now VSN or VSBN, DD is at the in-laws and DH is either on the computer if I'm behind a few challenges and have them printed off or he's in the bedroom on PS2, or working. I have everything spread out in catagories very neatly starting out and by the end you can barely see the floor or any bit of counterspace.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 07-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

I have to have the TV on. When the evening news comes on, I know it's bed time. I don't have a clock in my craft room or wear a watch.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #21  
Watercolor Wizard

I wish that I had a TV in my stampin' space in the basement. I have wanted one down there for some time and am still thinking about getting one for there. The one thing that I do is that I need to have a clean and organized table before I can sit down and really get to work. Don't know why cause it ends up all a mess and everything piled on the table but at least I know that I'm starting out with a clear space to begin with LOL Doesn't make much sense, does it??? LOL
Hugs, Joanne
Old 07-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

I have to have everything in the room spotless and organized before I get started. Sometimes I listen to talk radio. I have a phone headset and my sis and I often stamp together even though we are thousands of miles apart.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I have to have my hair up...My desk is always a disaster and I still continue to work and start new projects in that disaster...lol. Music is usually a must...otherwise I sing and that is NOT a pretty thing to hear..lol.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

OK....
I have to clear a spot on the table because I left it a mess last time I stamped.
Turn on the TV (almost always it is ON Court TV).
Window open (so I can here the crickets/only in summer) small fan on the table is on.
Usually everyone else is asleep when I stamp because it's generally midnight to 2 or 3 am.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 07-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

p.s. I wish I had a computer in my stamp room. DH are you listening?

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 07-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcmeyer
...and turn the fan in for a cool breeze.
I used to do this until I found out my craft table was covered in a fine layer of EP after I embossed a big batch of large images. I thought all of my powder was falling safely into the tupperware because the fan was pointed in another direction, but I had a lot of current action going on apparently.

I like having the radio or some music on, especially Tom Waits or Shakira. I wish I could put on some TV shows sometimes for variety, but all the shows I watch have subtitles or are so engrossing I can't half-watch.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also need the TV on or the radio. Lately I use my Ipod, I don't want to stop and change CD's mid-creative moment. I must have a beverage, never a snack. I don't care if the room is messy or clean, I just go at it! Unless the cats slept on my stamping scrub, then I have to de-cat fur it first.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh cool, Okay, I'll play too. I have to have the TV on and, I prefer everyone to be in bed or out of the house. (I tend to feel guilty if people are up or around and might need me. LOL) I also love to have a huge diet pepsi on ice close at hand.

I do like to stamp and scrap with friends but I'm more controlled with others. When alone, I break into all my tools and I have stuff everwhere! Sometimes, I like to stamp on the floor next to my stamp table. I don't know why. Sometimes the inspiration is just down there instead!

Gina

Check out my blog!

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.