Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   OK... All you clear stamp lovers.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ok-all-you-clear-stamp-lovers-173247/)

Lisa Lisa 08-10-2006 12:25 PM

OK... All you clear stamp lovers....

tell me about storage. Pleeeeeease! I have several sets that come on sheets. I am really struggling on storing them. (ps... I hate cleaning too them for some reason):rolleyes:

amber31 08-10-2006 12:59 PM

subscribing....curious, too! :)

Nedatn 08-10-2006 02:07 PM

you can always use cd cases. I also like the envelopes that CTMH stamps come in. You can place them on a square of transparency and then put them into the envelope. CTMH sells the empty envelopes. I then have a mini crate from walmart that was $1 I think and the envelopes fit nicely in them.

Annetta

jeaniebean55 08-10-2006 02:10 PM

Ummmm, you mean like acrylic stamps? Mine are on their orig. sheets and in a clear folder/baggie/pocket thingie. I don't have a ton, but they take up way less space than the wood blocks. just with there were more of a selection. They clean up great with a spot of dishsoap in a small bowl of water. I clean them up at the end of a session along with my brushes. Am I helping here, or am I on the wrong track :( ?

jeaniebean55 08-10-2006 02:11 PM

That'd be "wish" not "with" ... just WISH there were... (way to be humbled!)

stampinbuds 08-10-2006 02:57 PM

Hi there! Great question!

I've heard of many people using anything from cd cases to ziplock style pouches that either come pre punched for a 3-ring binder or you could do it yourself. I think it really just depends on your preferences. How do you store them now? Have you tried an office supply store or even your local stamp store to see what type of system they may have available? You could always be innovative and create some sort of storage based on what you see out there.

As for the CTMH snap shut envelopes...these are GREAT!! Our stamps come on a semi-thick tranparency sheet and they lay perfectly in the envelope. Three organizers come in a pack in either 12" x 12" or 6" x 6". Beyond that we all have a box that is approximately 7" x 7" that stores up to 15 envelopes. It's very easy, very compact and your hubby will never know exactly how many stamps you have...LOL.

Hope that helps. :)

Lisa Lisa 08-10-2006 03:19 PM

Thanks SO much for responding! I like the CD idea... but I mostly have sets... so they all wouldn't fit... right? I have A Muse and Autumn leaves sets and some of the images are really long.

I would love to see what the CTMH cases look like... just to check um out. Anyone have a photo?

ajcmeyer 08-10-2006 03:23 PM

I don't have a photo but I too use the CTMH envelope idea and stamp in stazon black ink what the stamp looks like on one side and stick the stamp on the other side.

AmyR 08-10-2006 04:08 PM

I use CD cases - and so far I can fit 2 sets (Inky Antics) in one case as I put them on both sides. I love it WAY better this way b/c when they are in their plasic sleeves (or envelopes) they are a PAIN to use - I just hated getting them out, peeling open the sleeve, getting the sheets out, peeling them apart, then having to put it all back together when I was done! Blah!!

CD cases all the way! (I don't have pics YET but I will *soon*!!) :D

Vixen 08-10-2006 04:21 PM

Mine are on the sheet they came on and then in an inexpensive scrapbook that has the pocket pages. (does that make sense?) it works really well because all I have to do is flip the pages to find a set that I want.

gmcbunny 08-10-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa

I would love to see what the CTMH cases look like... just to check um out. Anyone have a photo?

Hi

you can go to a CTMH consultants website, select the shopping tab and in the search area you type in Paper Organizer and you should be able to view a picture

Michelle Laycock 08-10-2006 08:15 PM

Lisa,
I've heard some people use clear DVD cases. They are bigger than CD cases.

Lisa Lisa 08-10-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
I use CD cases - and so far I can fit 2 sets (Inky Antics) in one case as I put them on both sides. I love it WAY better this way b/c when they are in their plasic sleeves (or envelopes) they are a PAIN to use - I just hated getting them out, peeling open the sleeve, getting the sheets out, peeling them apart, then having to put it all back together when I was done! Blah!!

CD cases all the way! (I don't have pics YET but I will *soon*!!) :D

Ohhh AMY! I am such a visual person... I can't wrap my head around fitting my huge sets in a CD case...... Please let me know when you have a pic available... Wouldn't it be cool if they just CAME in a little case. (OK... so I am a tad spoiled with SU case's.:-D ) I even have my A Muse stamps in cases of sorts. my brain is just geared that way! LOL! (at least it has some gear huh:rolleyes: )

Lisa Lisa 08-10-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmcbunny
Hi

you can go to a CTMH consultants website, select the shopping tab and in the search area you type in Paper Organizer and you should be able to view a picture

:( I tried this.... it came up blank. But thanks for trying to help!

AmyR 08-10-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Ohhh AMY! I am such a visual person... I can't wrap my head around fitting my huge sets in a CD case...... Please let me know when you have a pic available... Wouldn't it be cool if they just CAME in a little case. (OK... so I am a tad spoiled with SU case's.:-D ) I even have my A Muse stamps in cases of sorts. my brain is just geared that way! LOL! (at least it has some gear huh:rolleyes: )

Oh I so know what you mean - and I WILL get pics of them - I promise!! I'm thinking I can get it done tomorrow - and I bet you'll like it - they're SO much nicer in the cd cases!! :D :D

EllenH 08-10-2006 09:12 PM

Another neat way to keep your "unmounted" stamps is the EZMount storage system that Sunday International makes. Perhaps this might help :D

KarenInKali 08-10-2006 09:15 PM

Hey Lisa, give me a couple of minutes and I'll take and upload a couple of pics for ya from my CTMH sets..

StampinOma 08-10-2006 09:21 PM

How about a magnetic photo album? If they still makes these you could stamp the images on printer paper and put that in the album like you would a photo and the stamp itself would stick on the outside of each page right over the stamped image. That would hold your larger stamps or stamp sets, take up very little room and serve as an index of what you have. Also you would know if you were missing a stamp and where it went (as far as what set it belonged to). I've wondered about this at times and thought that it might have worked better and taken up less space than the cd storage method for unmounted stamps. Plus it would be much less expensive that the binder storage pages for unmounteds.

KarenInKali 08-10-2006 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, while I was taking pictures I got to thinking Lisa, you could use 6x6 page protectors and slip them inside on the sheets they come on. You could even put them in an album if you wanted.

That's what these little envelopes from CTMH remind me of - 6x6 page protectors with a flap that closes over the top of it.

HTH

MSBetsyZ 08-10-2006 09:25 PM

I have a bazillion um rubber stamps that I've kept for several years in a big binder. Depending on the size of the stamp, I keep them in pocket pages. Some are trading card sized, some 5x7 size. The book's divided into sections just the way my regular stamps are. I HATE IT! OK, maybe a little strong. It's just, when they're shut away in a book, I just don't think of them.

I have seen CTMH's holder, and I really like it. You can just flip through your sets really easily. The only problem is if you have bigger sets, which it sounds like you do. I think the DVD cases sound nice, myself! It's difficult to imagine a stamp so big that it wouldn't fit in one, and you can put an index sheet on the cover so you can see what you have very easily. You can even label the "spine" and store the sets book-style on a shelf.

cardsbyanita 08-10-2006 09:33 PM

I use SU Stamp Boxes

I took all of my background stamps out of their cases and use them to store unmounted stamps. The stamps cling to the plastic. I put some on the inside of the lid and some on the base of the box. The white sheets are the Storage Panels that are sold to go with EZ Mount Foam...I cut them down to size and put stamps on the front and back of one sheet per box. So, I have four surfaces in each both to stick stamps onto. You can use any plastic or laminated surface for the inserts. This system works with clear (aka acrylic stamps too).

I put two photos in my gallery:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=2608

HTH,
Anita

Mahloumel 08-10-2006 10:03 PM

My Sentiments Exactly has a purty box to hold their clear UM stamps.

http://www.sentiments.com/whatsnew.asp

Mahloumel 08-10-2006 10:04 PM

ETA I like it because it's pretty and keeps out dust and light. I don't have it, but I wish I did.

Novell 08-10-2006 10:06 PM

Personally, I am on the hunt for double CD cases for my larger sets that don't fit into one CD case. So far, I have only unmounted my sets that fit into one regular CD case (not quite done with this project yet) and am waiting to do the larger ones until I can find a good deal. There are several listings on eBay from time to time for the double CD cases. I just have to quit buying stamps for a while to have money to buy them. We all know that won't happen...

Lisa Lisa 08-10-2006 11:07 PM

HOLY COW!!! I went from being all frustrated and hopeless to feeling like I have a TON of options! I just know that what I am doing right now... which is too horrid to even share... isn't working. I am SUCH a true wood mount lover.

Amy... I really appreciate it... I am SO curious! I could use those CD holders from Ikea to store them then. Where do you get them though?Walmart?

Ellen.(HI SWEETIE!) and Mahloumel......those are COOL systems...TFS. Something to chew on for sure.

KAREN! you AWESOME BABE! you are beyond cool to post these pics. I REALLY like those too!

I have a ton of extra cases and my try what Anita is doing. (TFS) Ans Michelle's DVD Case suggestion...

I KID YOU NOT!!! I am so excited that I am going to be able to get a grip on this... and I don't even have that many sets! LOL!.... Now I feel like I am at coldstones....... trying to narrow down the toppings.... and I want them all!

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!

Suzastampin 08-11-2006 03:08 AM

Lisa,
BTW...I see you're from Bellingham. I have 2 customers from there :)

Here's a link to both the CTMH envelopes and to the storage box.

http://suzastampin.myctmh.com/WebSit...&CatalogID=164

The 6x6 paper organizers are the same ones that we get our stamp sets in.

Suz

gmcbunny 08-11-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcbunny
Hi

I tried this.... it came up blank. But thanks for trying to help!

I'm sorry it didn't work - but I see someone posted a picture. Good Luck with your choice - you have a lot of really great options

AmyR 08-11-2006 12:38 PM

OK here it all is w/ pictures!!

http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.co...stamp_sto.html

I really HTH!! :D

And too funny Lisa I used the IKEA CD holders for them! :mrgreen: (great minds and all that...;))

maironad 08-11-2006 01:14 PM

I've currently got mine in zip-loc bags which rest on top of like-category wood-mount stamps in their drawers/containers. I'm toying with the idea of decorating a lunch box tin, creating tabbed category dividers, and storing my acrylic stamps in there. Has anyone tried that?

Mahloumel 08-11-2006 01:18 PM

i've thought about it, but not done anything beyond that.

AmyR 08-11-2006 05:00 PM

bump so Lisa sees all this (and anyone else who's interested - there are some really great ideas in this thread!! :D)

lilian 04-07-2007 06:23 AM

subscribing

Joan B 04-07-2007 06:27 AM

I'm also subscribing as my current storage system is to leave them out on my table in one huge mess.

Clear stamps = love.

However, they do not always clean up clear. After stamping with Palette Noir ink and letting the stamps sit for 3 days (bad stamper), those clear stamps are now BLACK. The good news is, however, that they are not transferring the black ink to my ink pads or markers. Yeah.

jailbirdstamper 04-07-2007 06:50 AM

I love the CTMH envelopes!

Juanita G 04-07-2007 07:12 AM

I was reading this thread and find it really interesting. My stamp collection is really small right now but I do have several of the $1 Mike's Clear stamps. Someone on another thread here suggested putting them in trading card protectors, so I did that and it works really well. I put them in a folder I have that has sheet protectors in it and think that the bigger sets of clear stamps could fit in them. I don't have any so I'm not possitive but the sheet protectors are 8 1/2 by 11. Just my thoughts, thanks for reading!

JessicaLynnMould 04-07-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

tell me about storage. Pleeeeeease! I have several sets that come on sheets. I am really struggling on storing them. (ps... I hate cleaning too them for some reason):rolleyes:

I create those types of stamps, and I have a large tote 15x12 that I place them all in with a nice lid! Which I love!

To clean them I just have baby wipes and I can clean them at my crafting desk!!

Happy Easter all!!
Jessica Lynn

buggainok 04-07-2007 08:51 AM

I don't have a dedicated stamping/craft room and must cart all my stuff back and forth from a spare bedroom to my table in the living room when I stamp. So portability is very important to me.

Also, money is very important to me, lol! I just can't bear to spend money on expensive organization stuff, that I could spend on stamps instead.

So I love the inxpensive 3 ring binder system to store clear and unmounted stamps. I have several sizes of page protectors like others have said. The trading card size, with 9 small pockets per page, the 4 x 6 photo size, with 2 pockets per page, and regular 8-1/2 x 11 size.

The small Michaels $1 stamps (and small Cuttlebug embossing folders, too) fit in the trading card size. I use the 8-1/2 x 11 to store the ones that come on their own backing sheet, like Rhonna Farrar. The 4 x 6 size is perfect for the Cuttlebug larger embossing folders and some Sizzix Simple Impresssions folders I have.

I have a few sets of unmounted rubber stamps that I keep stuck to heavier plastic divider sheets in the same notebooks.

I have 3 notebooks which are easy to carry back and forth and it didn't cost much.

janejetson 04-07-2007 01:35 PM

This is a great thread.

Joan B, you made me laugh out loud with your description of your organization system!

I just purchased my first set of clear stamps about 10 days ago, and I'm already up to about 15 sets! LOL These things are addictive!

I'm using the CD case method and it's mostly working well. It's kind of like a puzzle to figure out how to get a whole set in one case sometimes (hello Rhonda Farrer sets!) but I'm managing.

My question is this: what on earth do you do with the huge ones like the ones from Fancy Pants' Bella Brush or Pollen Dust sets? Some of those are gi-norm-us! I kind of liked the presentation sheets/binder idea, but I already have five binders holding just my Cuttlebug stuff, so I'm starting to look more like an office supply store rather than a stamper!

Jane

frankie 04-07-2007 07:18 PM

Personally, I love the CTMH envelopes -- they're fabulous AND you can get them 12x12 for those bigger stamps sets or to store more than 1 set in. After I discovered that I could buy just the envelopes, I've put my clear stamps in those and have been very happy being able to just flip through the envelopes to find what I want. Another plus it that they're super easy to take to crops and stamping retreats.

I tried the CD cases but I've known for years that I'm truly CD case impaired -- I break 'em too easily trying to open 'em or manage to drop 'em and crack 'em.

poswald 04-07-2007 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stampendous makes a great Tote I keep all my clear sets in it.