Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Oh Where, Oh Where Has the Xyron Refills Gone? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/oh-where-oh-where-has-xyron-refills-gone-638746/)

Mischelle1 06-23-2021 01:32 PM

Oh Where, Oh Where Has the Xyron Refills Gone?

I use my Xyron for a bit of everything. To glitter cut-outs, to cut skinny alpha dies with and attaching parts on cards. Before the pandemic, I had 4 5" refills. Now...none. If I can find them, the refill is 3X the price! Yikes!
Does anyone know what's up?
Thanks

lovinpaper 06-23-2021 01:37 PM

I wish I knew. I have 2 of those guns sitting waiting for refills, but I will not pay the price.

lutheran 06-24-2021 03:00 AM

Check Hobby Lobby and scrapbook.com. I have good luck with both of those places. HTH
Mary Beth

mac4551 06-24-2021 03:56 AM

the price of everything has gone up... from food to crafts to tools... I have 2 Xyron machines but have never had luck with them (one is very small, sticker size.) A friend told me if the bigger one (2.5") isn't working the refill must be old. Every so often I dig it out but the sticky goes all around whatever die I cut, and makes the sides of the cuts sticky. Don't know if I was doing something wrong or if I happened to gave a bad roll to begin with. I also bought disposable Xyrons from HSN, the largest is 3.5 inches, and never liked the results. You Tubers make them look so terrific.. and now this forum makes me want to try again... !

Good luck in finding what you need...

lovinpaper 06-24-2021 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheran (Post 22092101)
Check Hobby Lobby and scrapbook.com. I have good luck with both of those places. HTH
Mary Beth

Hobby Lobby stopped selling the refills well over a year ago. Scrapbook dot com is through the roof in pricing. I use liquid glue more than anything. I used to go to Michael's for the refills but I think they have stopped also. Amazon has them, but like the OP said, they are close to 3X what they used to be.

Mischelle1 06-24-2021 04:43 AM

Thanks, everyone! I have used the sticker maker for over 15+ years. I purchase the 5.5" one on HSN about 10 years ago.
On Amazon, I purchased 2 refills a month through Subscribe and Save for $10 each. That ended about 3 years ago.
I have had great results using cardstock with the Xryon on it. Mainly, I use cardstock for tiny or thin die cuts. My hands shake, so using glue makes a mess.

Wild Cow 06-24-2021 02:32 PM

Xyron Refills at Mybinding.com

I like the Xyron too- I have all the sizes. I buy my refills at My Binding- https://www.mybinding.com/laminating...th/5-inch.html. The link says laminating but it links to adhesive. They have all the sizes.

Paper Junky 06-29-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551 (Post 22092110)
the price of everything has gone up... from food to crafts to tools... I have 2 Xyron machines but have never had luck with them (one is very small, sticker size.) A friend told me if the bigger one (2.5") isn't working the refill must be old. Every so often I dig it out but the sticky goes all around whatever die I cut, and makes the sides of the cuts sticky. Don't know if I was doing something wrong or if I happened to gave a bad roll to begin with. I also bought disposable Xyrons from HSN, the largest is 3.5 inches, and never liked the results. You Tubers make them look so terrific.. and now this forum makes me want to try again... !

Good luck in finding what you need...

When I use my Xyrons, before I remove the thin top paper, I find it helps to go around the die cuts with a pen or pencil or something fine-tipped. It helps to break the connection between what is under the die cut with the surrounding adhesive.

aquarius2649 06-29-2021 08:35 AM

eBay and Amazon has them, with free shipping.

iamvics 06-29-2021 09:32 AM

I've ordered X refills from Xyron:

https://www.xyron.com/

iamvics 06-29-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvics (Post 22093608)
I've ordered X refills from Xyron:https://www.xyron.com/

Shipping is $5 [size=16px]Add Promotional Code "Summer21" at checkout to save 20%
[/size]

Sitka 06-29-2021 11:31 AM

Refills

Our school has the original xyron and were ordering from Office Depot

Iworktostamp 06-29-2021 12:21 PM

Try Sticky Specs?

With the price of refills so high maybe try another alternative? My local stamp store carries Sticky Specs which work great and are good for people w dexterity issues. You just lift the protective sheet and place the item you want to adhere onto the sticky surface which then transfers onto your piece. Peel it off and you’re good to go (and stick it😂)

kimmie_yl 06-29-2021 12:39 PM

I have occasionally found refills for my Xyron 510 and 900 on mercari.com, ebay, and FaceBook Marketplace at great prices.

mac4551 06-29-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper Junky (Post 22093576)
When I use my Xyrons, before I remove the thin top paper, I find it helps to go around the die cuts with a pen or pencil or something fine-tipped. It helps to break the connection between what is under the die cut with the surrounding adhesive.

Thank you so much ! I will give this a try...

AK_Stamper 06-30-2021 12:22 AM

Walmart on line has them, their price used to be great - Maybe still good? I don’t know who to compare the price with…. Anyway, good luck!

LYP 06-30-2021 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper Junky (Post 22093576)

I have been doing this as well! Excellent tip!

lroberts1977 07-02-2021 12:46 PM

I recently bought mine from Amazon.

cnb 07-10-2021 01:01 PM

I bought for years from stickermaker.com. The selection and service are commendable.

kazeka 07-10-2021 02:54 PM

I'm sad to hear that the refills have gone up so much. I have two of the little X-shaped sticker makers that were given to me as gifts years ago. I do have one refill, that I bought on sale at Michaels when they sold them. Another reason that I don't buy a lot of tools...they are discontinued and then you can't get refills, or the refills are too expensive for me.
Karen

harvestmoon 12-30-2021 06:58 PM

On sale

Xyron.com website has everything on sale: 20% off, code BF20. It's on their home page. Free Shipping and free "Rotating phone or tablet stand". It sits on a counter and holds a phone or tablet for you to watch. Add to cart and it's free. 5" Creative Station Lite refill, $19.95. Same as Amazon. It did say: Shipping late February. that's no problem for me.

lildoxiedog 12-31-2021 08:33 AM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoon (Post 22139509)
Xyron.com website has everything on sale: 20% off, code BF20. It's on their home page. Free Shipping and free "Rotating phone or tablet stand". It sits on a counter and holds a phone or tablet for you to watch. Add to cart and it's free. 5" Creative Station Lite refill, $19.95. Same as Amazon. It did say: Shipping late February. that's no problem for me.

Thanks! I just took advantage of this and bought the Holiday Gift Wrap Bundle. It was on sale and allowed me to apply the discount code and get the phone stand. I'm just getting back to stamping and paper crafting and so much has changed in the last few years. I love my Xyron X150 and had forgotten all about it.

harvestmoon 01-13-2022 10:18 AM

I already received my shipment from Xyron! They said late Feb. to be safe.

lildoxiedog 01-13-2022 03:00 PM

I received my order also and I placed it the same day I posted on this thread. I love the phone holder that came with my order.