Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: IF Stampin' Up! were to someday offer the unmounted (UM) option, would you...
Purchase only UM no matter what. 42 17.00%
Purchase only UM if the cost was the same as mounted. 1 0.40%
Purchase only UM if the cost was 10-20% lower than mounted. 17 6.88%
Purchase only UM if the cost was 25-50% lower than mounted. 56 22.67%
Purchase UM sometimes and mounted sometimes. 44 17.81%
Purchase only mounted if the cost was 25-50% higher than UM. 1 0.40%
Purchase only mounted if the cost was 10-20% higher than UM. 2 0.81%
Purchase only mounted if the cost was the same as UM. 4 1.62%
Purchase only mounted no matter what. 79 31.98%
Stop purchasing from SU. 1 0.40%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Oh no, not ANOTHER mounted VS. unmounted poll...

Personally, I don't think it will happen (that tree farmer in Washington must be related to Shelli! ), but IF Stampin' Up! were to offer unmounted stamps, would you purchase them? I know not every poll can fit every option, but try to pick the one that best fits you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

I try to 'embrace' our new products ...so I'm sure that I would buy & demo. That's what I do!!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I don't think if SU offered UM any tree farmers would be losing their jobs...I think people who want to buy WM will continue to do so and that SU would gain market share by offering the option.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I voted in both polls...I prefer wood mount. That is what I have always bought and will continue to do so. I am blessed with a large stamp/scraproom, so storage is not a problem for me. I have purchased clear stamps but I do not like putting them on, taking them off, so even if I really like the image, I tend to pass on them because I hardly use the few sets that I have bought. I like to cut them, attach to a piece of wood and stamp until the cows come home! But that is just my humble opinion.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

In addition to SU, i have some CTMH and Autumn Leaves unmounted stamps and really, while i love the designs, having to mount them each time and then trying to clean them after takes too long for me... very very impatient. i have room so i'll stick to wood mounted...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, after mulling that one over, I answered that I would purchase only mounted. While I do own unmounted sets from other companies, I don't think I could ever purchase any SU set unmounted. Not exactly sure how to explain it, but it's just the way I feel. While it may be a good business move for SU to offer it that way, I don't think they would. I saw an interview that Shelli did a few years ago and someone asked her if SU would ever go unmounted. She said that she did not have any plans for SU to ever go unmounted. Not to say that it wouldn't change but I just don't see it happening.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Wood-mounted only. UM sounds like way too much work.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, never would have thought of so many options. I would go UM. I agree with what Stampaholic2004 said, how this all plays out over the next few years is driven by whether SU would gain market share by offering the option, or lose stamp sales by not offering it.

~ Kathy

Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

i don't mind unmounted AS LONG as it's the rubber and it comes with the vinyl cling. i can't lie; my big box full of stamps is kind of a pain since at the moment i don't have a good storage solution for it. plus, with the unmounted, it's so much easier to store out of reach of my kids, you know? plus, cheaper is nice.....
Old 05-18-2007, 04:03 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

I said purchase UM if the price was 25-50% lower, but really, if it was 10% lower, and I wanted a set- I'd get UM too. As of now, I haven't purchased an SU set since I went UM. I'd be way more likely to purchase SU stamps if the went to an UM option- there are so many I love, but I can't justify the price (although I realize it's an incredible value vs single stamps- but I don't buy them either)
Old 05-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

I don't have the room for wood mounts - so many of don't have a craft room we have more of a craft spot or craft corner. Also I find it much easier to line stuff up when I can see through the block.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:22 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I love unmounted! SU is my company of choice (demo only for the discount) but I do not use the wood that comes with the sets.

I'm not one to get uptight about prices so the whole debate on who'd absorb the cost for SU to offer this option isn't anything I ponder for long. If I were to go there I'd be more concerned with the trees that come down so that SU doesn't have to offer the unmounted "option" (they're already unmounted until the customer does something with them). I still don't know what I'll do with all of my extra wood, just packing it away until I figure that out.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:26 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I chose the "Purchase UM sometimes and mounted sometimes" option. IF SU decided to give UM a trial run, I feel it woud be a wonderful opportunity for them to enter a newfield. I'd buy their stamps either way though- I love the images! I hope that made sense for being written before my 1st cup of coffee was empty. lol

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:27 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisavengesta
i don't mind unmounted AS LONG as it's the rubber and it comes with the vinyl cling. i can't lie; my big box full of stamps is kind of a pain since at the moment i don't have a good storage solution for it. plus, with the unmounted, it's so much easier to store out of reach of my kids, you know? plus, cheaper is nice.....

I second that. I would buy the um too as long as it had the vinyl cling. I have both WM and UM. Love them both
Old 05-18-2007, 04:47 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Shelli's new quote is "I never say never". So you "never" know what will be happening in the future. I have heard her personally say that she does not ever think it will happen but times change. You have to be willing to fit the needs of your customers. I didn't answer the poll because I'm not really sure.

My Gallery
Old 05-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekgirl415
In addition to SU, i have some CTMH and Autumn Leaves unmounted stamps and really, while i love the designs, having to mount them each time and then trying to clean them after takes too long for me... very very impatient. i have room so i'll stick to wood mounted...
Send them to me and they will have a loving home!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Shelli's new quote is "I never say never". So you "never" know what will be happening in the future. I have heard her personally say that she does not ever think it will happen but times change. You have to be willing to fit the needs of your customers. I didn't answer the poll because I'm not really sure.
That IS hopeful!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:49 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekgirl415
One thing to point out is that the stamps you described are the clear acrylic unmounted stamps. I think the unmounted rubber stamps using the EZ Mount cushion are much easier to use. (My opinion, others may think otherwise.)

Kimberly
Old 05-18-2007, 06:06 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I prefer wood mounted all the way!!!

Lori
Old 05-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I said both just because I prefer wood mounted but I am not against UM. I might be more willing to buy UM if it was loads cheaper and had the cling cushion attached and I had lots of sets I wanted but couldn't buy all mounted.

Personally I don't like the UM that costs the same as mounted and doesn't even include a cushion - seems like a ripoff to me! ;D
Old 05-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk
Personally I don't like the UM that costs the same as mounted and doesn't even include a cushion - seems like a ripoff to me! ;D
I was thinking that SU could continue pre-mounting their red rubber sheets of images onto the permanent foam cushion, and then include a sheet of the new Thin EZ Mount! That way we could just plop the rubber and foam from SU onto the Thin EZ Mount, trim as usual, and stamp away! I have heard that the cling side of the Thin Mount is black; SU could cuta deal with the manufacturers and make the cling side be SU Blue instead and make for a really visually distinctive product that we can still stamp index images on the back of if we wanted to.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
I was thinking that SU could continue pre-mounting their red rubber sheets of images onto the permanent foam cushion, and then include a sheet of the new Thin EZ Mount! That way we could just plop the rubber and foam from SU onto the Thin EZ Mount, trim as usual, and stamp away! I have heard that the cling side of the Thin Mount is black; SU could cuta deal with the manufacturers and make the cling side be SU Blue instead and make for a really visually distinctive product that we can still stamp index images on the back of if we wanted to.
Wow what a great idea!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:53 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

As I said in another poll that we were talking about this. I purchase both cause there is certain online stores that only sell UM and I don't mind it cause that store has the stamps I can not find no where else even mounted.

I think this is getting out of wack, everyone has his/her own way of how they like their stamps to be, being UM or Mounted. Both ways are good depending on who or where you are buying from.

There are certain online store that offer both, but if you buy the UM it doesn't come with ez mount so you will have to purchase that separately so it would come up to almost if you bought it mounted.

But like I said everyone has his/her own taste.

Happy Stamping
Tami
Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #24  
8 Cow Woman

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamiw3p
As I said in another poll that we were talking about this. I purchase both cause there is certain online stores that only sell UM and I don't mind it cause that store has the stamps I can not find no where else even mounted.

I think this is getting out of wack, everyone has his/her own way of how they like their stamps to be, being UM or Mounted. Both ways are good depending on who or where you are buying from.

There are certain online store that offer both, but if you buy the UM it doesn't come with ez mount so you will have to purchase that separately so it would come up to almost if you bought it mounted.

But like I said everyone has his/her own taste.

Happy Stamping
Tami
That's interesting, didn't know that! Thanks for sharing
Old 05-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

I prefer unmounted and will always buy my rubber stamped unmounted whenever I am given that option.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Send this idea to SU!!! It is too good to go unnoticed!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

I used to be able to sell my wood blocks for $20 for a large box and recouped some of my loss for buying the sets with wood. There is no market any longer because so many are going unmounted. I now use them in the wood stove which seems a horrible waste, but a trip to the Post Office even if I were to give them away is a 40 minute round trip and at least 20 minutes in line.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:18 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I would just have to go bankrupt buying wood-mounted SU! sets no matter what the price. I just love them, dont know why, I just do
I have a couple of unmounted stamps and they are fine, too, they are just different to me since I started with SU! but I am sure thay are jsut as good.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
I used to be able to sell my wood blocks for $20 for a large box and recouped some of my loss for buying the sets with wood. There is no market any longer because so many are going unmounted. I now use them in the wood stove which seems a horrible waste, but a trip to the Post Office even if I were to give them away is a 40 minute round trip and at least 20 minutes in line.
USPS offers carrier pickup. You wouldn't have to go any further than your front door to get those blocks mailed.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Default UM/Mounted

I would buy either way. Some of you may know that SU use to offer them unmounted. The foam was thicker than most unmounted rubber stamps, but they were cheaper without the block. When I first started stamping I would forgo the block in order to buy more stamps and still make the house payment.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Location: Where the grapes grow and become wine. Napa County, CA

I voted in this poll that I would buy mounted and unmounted sometimes. Seems to me that in all polls mounted is winning.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

So far, 116 of the 169 respondents showed an interest in purchasing stamps to use UM. Seems like there is a fair bit of interest in UM over WM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

I voted purchase WM no matter what. I don't own a single unmounted stamp set and I am so glad SU! is wood mounted. I don't like the idea of unmounted stamps. I guess I'm not alone since SU! has become very successful catering to those of us who love our wood mounted stamps.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

Like many of you, I would buy only wood mounted no matter what. That is how I got started with SU and I love the feel of the stamp. Once they are mounted, there is no labour. I do have a few other stamps that are UM and I use them because I need the image, but I don't like having to line them up nice and straight every time...

Just one of those things, you know? Personal preference, and NO ONE is wrong
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

While I don't like the squishy CTMH stamps, I have a friend who has several unmounted sets that I enjoy borrowing. I love how easily I can fix something if the stamp doesn't get full coverage! I wouldn't care much for an acrylic option, but an unmounted option would be cool.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll admit to only trying CTMH and I hated having to mount my stamp each time. Plus I lose them because they get stuck to other things. I'm a diehard mounted stamper and will always be. I keep looking att he Bellas, but I can't take the plunge becasue of the unmounted factor. To each his own.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #37  
Kookie Creator

I voted for Wood mounted as well. Believe me, I have given the others a chance and have boughten them, but they are so full of dust right now from not being used...THAT is a waste of money! So, my passion is wood mounted! I know it takes up some room, but I have a cute cabinet that I keep them all in in my office...so, it is no sweat off my back. When the new catty comes out, I get rid of the sets that I can part with to make room for new! Boy, do I LOVE new catty time!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #38  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Wood mounted no matter what. I detest unmounted. What a PAIN!!!!!

Why on earth would you want to mount over and over and over again when you can mount once and be done with it!

Plus those of us who don't clean our stamps--what a mess trying to get inky rubber on and off!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #39  
Kookie Creator

I am really elated to see the results of this poll. There are so many people that still prefer the mounted...go wood-lovers! Guess that goes to show that SU knows EXACTLY who to market to!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Send this idea to SU!!! It is too good to go unnoticed!
I sent them an email with my suggestion, and just received a very nice email from Demo Support saying they've passed it on to the appropriate department for review and future consideration.