Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #81  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me started I have had bad luck twice. The first time I said ok maybe they were just having a bad time but no this time they were bad ....no response to emails or when I tried calling them so I will not be oredering from them again. I will gladly take my business and money elsewhere. I go now where I get great service. And that would not be OMC.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth about Oh My Crafts on this thread. I have ordered twice from Oh My Crafts with no problem. In fact, I placed an order on 8/26/08 and received it today. This in no way negates the experiences of other people as I have had major problems with another craft vendor and can completely relate. However, none of the items I ordered from Oh My Crafts were preorders so this may explain why no problems with my order. I also know from their blog that for awhile they were having problems with some email addresses not coming through to them. I have this problem at times myself with not being able to receive some emails. They also recently changed web servers.

Anyway, Oh My Crafts is not all bad--just having some challenges right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #83  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm VERY mixed on them. I ordered two sets of Nesties. One set was the wrong one. They had labled it wrong in their inventory system. I called them. They said I had to send it back and they had to receive it before they would send out a new set. I thought that kind of stunk. Normally, when the wrong thing is shipped, the right thing goes out with a postage paid envie for returning the old. They would not do that. I had to ship it back at my expense. No offers were made for compensating that, so I asked, and was told I'd get a few dollar credit for my next purchase. And of course I had to pay for insurance, just in case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #84  
Mad Swapper

I will never order from them again . I had placed my order on june 6th and it went thru on my visa right away ... I waited and waited and I recvd most of my things at the end of August .. still missing 2 items .. but recvd them finally the other day . The first time I emailed them they responded and the second time I emailed them ...nothing ....
I have now even unsubscibed from their auto email ...

There are better and faster companies out there .. this is the only time I had problems with an online company .. will not order from them again!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #85  
Cardstock Collector

Smile I like 'em - always have

I'm amazed at all the negative comments - I've never had BETTER service or pricing from another scrapbook company. I've been buying stuff from them for a couple of years. Overall, they have done a great job. I think most of the negative comments come from customers who don't read what they are buying or who are just plain impatient . They have always answered my questions, given me special deals when I ask (nicely) and really, the prices? NOBODY has any better! I placed several orders over the summer and they all shipped within 2-3 days. I know they have been going through lots of changes and have had problems with their email but they are trying hard to keep prices low. I think we should keep giving them our support because in the long run, it will pay off for all of us!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #86  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

I pre-ordered the new Cuttlebug folders back in June. They were supposed to have the Fall ones in by the end of July with the Holiday ones to follow in August, but Provo Craft didn't have them to send until August. I got all my fall folders and the Holiday ones too. I knew when I ordered it was a pre-order and with Provo Craft's track record on new Cuttlebug stuff, I really didn't expect them to make the end of July anyway. This was my 4th or 5th order from them. I've always had my expectations met. They are usually really clear about when stuff is a pre-order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #87  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by capegoodView Post
I'm amazed at all the negative comments - I've never had BETTER service or pricing from another scrapbook company. I've been buying stuff from them for a couple of years. Overall, they have done a great job. I think most of the negative comments come from customers who don't read what they are buying or who are just plain impatient . They have always answered my questions, given me special deals when I ask (nicely) and really, the prices? NOBODY has any better! I placed several orders over the summer and they all shipped within 2-3 days. I know they have been going through lots of changes and have had problems with their email but they are trying hard to keep prices low. I think we should keep giving them our support because in the long run, it will pay off for all of us!!!
Unfortunately I was one of the customers who experienced less than acceptaple service from OMC. Although my order was not a pre-order, shipment did not occur within a reasonable time. However, my credit card was charged immediately upon their receipt of my order. I cancelled my order after weeks of waiting. This was the first time in many online purchases from a multitude of companies that I felt it necessary to cancel an order.

I understand sereral customers did receive either adequate or acceptable service...as to why some of us didn't, who knows.

Last edited by craftdesigns; 09-05-2008 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #88  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

I am so glad that you have had such great service with OMC.....actually sounds like you are their biggest fan..lol! But there are those of us who have had quite the opposite service. I believe their prices can be beat with free shipping on all dies....try cropstop.com. The lady who runs it is excellent with communication (she answers her phone) and with a great selection of CB dies and folders, and nestabilities. She is also VERY fast with shipping, Haylie-Jo will get all my future CB orders. In my last two orders she sent complimentary embelishments. And no, I do not work for her....just a cheerleader.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I finally got mine but have asked to be removed from their email list. There are too many competent people/business' out ther to have to put up with this.
I HIGHLY recommend Addictedtorubberstamps.com (2days from order to shipping), Ellen Huston (2 days from order to shipping), Creativexpress.com and Happyscrappinscrapbooking.com. The latter I ordered folders from and received them in 4 days. Now THESE are business' I will support . In fact, I have ordered from all bu Creativexpress in the last 2 weeks. Love my stamping stores! Got money...........WILL spend, just not at Oh My Crafts. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will NEVER order from them again. I had to end up canceling the order and then arguing with them that I had paid for it and get them to give my money back to me.

If you want that kind of item go to www.cropstop.com. Hailey jo is wonderful.

Oh My Crafts is terrible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #91  
Crimping Master

i just placed another order since i got the other one so fast so im very happy with them now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

It's good to hear that they do get things right for many or even the majority of their customers. I would think they would be out of customers by now if they didn't process most of their orders without problems.

However, I have been buying online for years and my experience with Oh My Crafts was the worst of any vendor I have bought from. While they may be undergoing 'growing pains', judging by what I have read here and on other boards, it seems that they run into great difficulty in handling customer service issues when there is a delay, problem or inquiry. I think we all are willing to give a break to vendors if they communicate and make good faith efforts to resolve a problem and improve service. But these complaints about OMC seem to be a lengthly ongoing process involving the same issues over and over again, making it appear they haven't learned from their prior experience.

While they may be making efforts to improve, I don't think their learning curve should be the customers' problem - particularly when there are other vendors with similar prices who practice excellent customer service principles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #93  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah I won't buy from them again, either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink Positive Experience w/OMC

I stumbled on this thread right AFTER I had placed an order w/ Oh My Crafts for a bunch of cuttlebug folders. I really had buyer's remorse and was a little worried after reading all the negative threads.
I want to say that my order arrived within a week, it was correct and everything was great! Their prices can't be beat! Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have crossed them off my list because I didn't appreciate them advertising items for sale on Ebay when they never had them in stock in the first place. Waiting over a month to get an order is not acceptable for me. It may have been in the FINE print that they weren't in stock...I can see them doing this on their website but NOT on ebay. Also, I would get daily emails and at times, there would be seemingly good deals...UNTIL you go to check out and see their astronomical shipping charges. I order online all the time but it won't be from them!

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are very lucky Linda. I ordered from Happy Scrappin and got my order in 2 days. Same with Addictedtorubberstamps. Creativexpress.....less than a week. Ellenhutson, just a few days. There are toooooo many with great service. She will need your orders because there are a ton of us who will NEVER order from her again. On Creativexpress......it tells you RIGHT ON the site if they have it in stock or not. That's the way it should be. I don't like to gamble and sure don't with my orders. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am sorry to hear about all the troubles. I have ordered from them 2 times before and never had an issue. I just placed another order because some of their cricut carts are 29 each!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #98  
Kookie Creator

Does anyone have a Free shipping code for O My Crafts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #99  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Free shipping Oh My Cfrafts

They sent me an e-mail today. Free shipping or 10% off. The codes were:
FREESHIP for the shipping or HOLIDAY10 for the 10% off. I didn't see anything saying how big your order has to be though. I just received my order from them a couple days ago. good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #100  
Kookie Creator

Thanks SO much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #101  
Insane Embellisher

Wow - I just recommended OMC to someone before seeing this thread. I have ordered much from them as I live 60 miles from anything craft related. Most all my purchases have to be online. When I do get to a store, they like to see me at the checkout! As for OMC, I have NEVER had a bad experience with them. Fast shipping and good discounts or I would not order. I will check out the other company listed in this thread. Every sale/customer is different. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #102  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's frustratingly hit & miss with OMC. Some orders go off without a hitch, but some become a trial that lasts for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Someone mentioned that OMC fulfills their eBay orders before their website orders. (She knows this because feedback is left for items that website buyers are told are still on backorder or haven't arrived from the manufacturer.)

One reason I'm sure OMC does that is due to eBay's feedback policy. If eBay buyers go on the warpath, OMC's feedback ratings go down. With the new FB policy, low FB pushes the seller lower in the search function, and high-volume sellers will lose their discounts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
It's frustratingly hit & miss with OMC. Some orders go off without a hitch, but some become a trial that lasts for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Someone mentioned that OMC fulfills their eBay orders before their website orders. (She knows this because feedback is left for items that website buyers are told are still on backorder or haven't arrived from the manufacturer.)

One reason I'm sure OMC does that is due to eBay's feedback policy. If eBay buyers go on the warpath, OMC's feedback ratings go down. With the new FB policy, low FB pushes the seller lower in the search function, and high-volume sellers will lose their discounts.
Then maybe OMC needs to rethink how they're doing business - maybe become just an eBay store than have the eBay stuff AND ordering off a website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #104  
Insane Embellisher

I had no problems with them. I have ordered from them and my order was complete and here within a couple of weeks. I don't think it's too bad since I live 65 miles from anything craft related unless you count walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #105  
Glitter Guru

Deipara, I agree! They're spreading themselves too thin, at least during rush times, with both facets of their business. While I understand why they put the eBayers first, I think it's a crummy way to treat the website customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #106  
Cardstock Collector

I have ordered from them and not had any problems. I do know the owners and they have hired more shipping people to help with the delays in shipping. I do know that they have had problems with Provo Craft-one of their suppliers...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #107  
Rubber Obsessor

I've only ordered from OMC a few times, but I've yet to have a bad experience. The specials they offer are great, so I've taken advantage of two cuttlebug folders/dies bundles and the Silhouette offer. I ordered the Silhouette on 1/23/09 and it was waiting for me when I got home on 2/2/09. I'm sorry others have had bad experiences, but not me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #108  
Compulsive Stamper

My only ordering experience from Oh My Crafts was positive. I just recently ordered 4 Cricut carts and received them promptly. Guess I was lucky after reading some other's experiences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered from them off of ebay a couple of months ago, and the shipping charge came up to equal half my order!! I thought I would never order from them again, then online I found out they were offering a free shipping special, so a girlfriend and I went in together, and we got our stuff pretty quick! Not an issue at all. Now, I will only order from them if they do the free shipping, since it cost me so much the first time I ordered from them. They do run great specials, but if you have to pay shipping, it's enough to choke a horse!! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #110  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting read. I came across Oh My Crafts website by accident and ordered a number of Cuttlebug products from them and had no trouble at all. Then after I received my orders I read on here about a lot of negative experiences about them and have never ordered from them again.

I frequently get emails from them about lots of offers/free shipping etc, but I've never been tempted to purchase anything from them again!

Anyway, today, I've just been online and there's something I want to buy. I'm in a ponder as to whether I should chance it and buy it? Will I receive the goods or will I have lots of trouble like so many of you?

All the emails I get I just put them in my trash folder, can you believe it, I now want a code so that I can save some extra $'s. Does anyone have a code they can PM me or write on here please because the code I currently have is only for orders over $75 and I'm not spending this much :(

Hope to hear from someone, so that I can potentially order today and save some $'s in the proces with a code.

Many thanks for reading.

babybluegirl

5.43pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #111  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!
Wink

I have ordered several times from them without a problem too. I believe from what I have heard, the majority of the problems occur when pre-ordering any items. So if the items you want are NOT pre-orders, I think that you will be okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #112  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by djuselessView Post
I have ordered several times from them without a problem too. I believe from what I have heard, the majority of the problems occur when pre-ordering any items. So if the items you want are NOT pre-orders, I think that you will be okay.
Thank you for your reply I am wanting to buy some more Cuttlebug folders so it's not pre-order. I have now ordered and used code FB10 for 10% off my total order thanks to the following website:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/ohmycrafts.com

Just type in the online store you're after and hopefully a list of coupons/codes come up.

Hope that's of some use to someone.

babybluegirl

6.14pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #113  
Glitter Guru

Coupon codes for OMC from the email:

Free shipping on orders over $75: APRIL48

***OR***

15% off an order over $75: APRIL15

You may use only one code. There is no way to type in both. These codes expire TODAY, 20 APRIL

BTW, some CB folders are on sale for 99 cents!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #114  
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Coupon codes for OMC from the email:

Free shipping on orders over $75: APRIL48

***OR***

15% off an order over $75: APRIL15

You may use only one code. There is no way to type in both. These codes expire TODAY, 20 APRIL

BTW, some CB folders are on sale for 99 cents!
I can't believe the prices on some of those Cuttlebug Folders - unbelievable! They sell for �4 here in the UK :( That's roughly $5-6 a folder.

babybluegirl

7.09pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #115  
Cardstock Collector

Worst customer service ever! I have given them 3 chances and I have been very disappointed each time. Slow and expensive shipping, items out of stock with every order and I have been charged for items I never received. I am done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #116  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdanaView Post
Worst customer service ever! I have given them 3 chances and I have been very disappointed each time. Slow and expensive shipping, items out of stock with every order and I have been charged for items I never received. I am done!
Wow, this thread has gone on for FOUR years, and still they aren't getting their act together? Can't believe they are still in business.... I haven't ordered since the time I had the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #117  
Pearl-ExPert

In fairness, the posts jump from April 2009 to yesterday (over two years). I've ordered from Oh My Crafts several times over the past couple of years and have had nothing but great service. They even gave me a personal phone call to double check I hadn't submitted an order in duplicate (one was for me and one was for my mother and it was cheaper postage-wise to do two separate orders). I appreciated the fact that they picked up on that and took the time to check with me. For the most part, their shipping is quite reasonable for us Canadians and companies that ship to Canada at a decent price seem to be few and far between. The only thing I can think to complain about is the fact that they are often out of stock on the items I'm looking for at decent prices and that's why they're out of stock because people are snapping up the good deals :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #118  
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't have shipping problems with them. The only problem I had with them many times was the fact they show items (not new ones) when they have a sale and the items are always out of stock. If it were one or two items, I'd understand, but most of items are out of stock. After many occasions of this happening, I don't order any longer from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #119  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biko8666View Post
I didn't have shipping problems with them. The only problem I had with them many times was the fact they show items (not new ones) when they have a sale and the items are always out of stock. If it were one or two items, I'd understand, but most of items are out of stock. After many occasions of this happening, I don't order any longer from them.
Exactly. For most of us, crafting items are a very impulsive "want it now" type of item. Then when it's out of stock, often on many items, it's beyond frustrating.

Sounds like it's only the good prices that have kept them in business this long.

I ordered a Hero Arts background stamp and Nesties die set from Cut at Home, just two things, and that was nine days ago. When I got no shipping info after a week I called them and apparently the die set was out of stock, only it did not say that on the website. They were waiting for their order to come in to them to fulfill their orders. Had I known this was out of stock, I would have never ordered, so that's annoying. I think if something is out of stock at the time you are looking, it should be labeled as such...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #120  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
In fairness, the posts jump from April 2009 to yesterday (over two years). I've ordered from Oh My Crafts several times over the past couple of years and have had nothing but great service. They even gave me a personal phone call to double check I hadn't submitted an order in duplicate (one was for me and one was for my mother and it was cheaper postage-wise to do two separate orders). I appreciated the fact that they picked up on that and took the time to check with me. For the most part, their shipping is quite reasonable for us Canadians and companies that ship to Canada at a decent price seem to be few and far between. The only thing I can think to complain about is the fact that they are often out of stock on the items I'm looking for at decent prices and that's why they're out of stock because people are snapping up the good deals :-)
True about the jump in dates, but still, you'd think they would want to really turn it around...
Reply With Quote Likes