Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #81  
Insane Embellisher

Yay!!! My demo just left and I got my catalog. She was suprised to get them before she left for camping, so I am thrilled also. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet other than the new colors. I know what i will be doing the rest of the evening. Also, I know a lot of you said you don't like the cover but I love it. Love the tapestry look of the back.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #82  
Glitter Queen

its 11:23. DH got the mail and had me thinking he was hiding it all night and about 10 minutes ago let it out of the bag that it still isn't here. It stinks! as a demo w/o my preorder and no curt. copy yet either. FRUSTRATED!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received my copy from my demo this afternoon. As for the contents, I really like the hostess sets. The level 1 sets are so much better than last year! The background papers and wheels are terrific, and some great BG stamps too, but I have to agree that it seems like there aren't that many new sets in this catalog as we have had in the past.

I love the Letter Patterns set (pg. 165): three backgrounds that you use to kiss onto you Headline Alpha letters to give the letter texture. It is a cool idea, and the backgrounds are nice. I love the 6 new colors of papers as well, but really wish they had the markers or spots available...but maybe they will offer them later in a mini catalog.

The layout is great, and the samples are too. I have been stamping for many years, so it just seems to me that I have seen quite a bit of it before. However with SCS, I always find stamp sets that I hadn't noticed before...and will purchase them later.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

The FRONT COVER is nice. There are sooo many Level 1 Hostess stamp sets to chose from! A lot of the new sets are really FUNKY if that's your style. There doesn't seem to be THAT many new stamp sets. Some GORGEOUS floral sets, some cool new backgrounds, word sets, and FANTASTIC papers. My thoughts are the same as last years cattie, I'll be buying more from the mini catties. DOES ANYONE KNOW if the SUM of stamp sets has decreased over last year?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #85  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got mine today from my demo friend. I sat down and wrote down each set I wanted and starred the ones I want NOW! 37 sets and multiple wheels made my list. I will be working just to pay my habit.........Hurry up July 1st.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

kerilou--

jen70 posted this in the announcements forum:

"I have read in a few places that some people are wondering 2 things: Were there more retiring sets than new sets and are the prices going up?

Since I'm looking at the catty, I decided to get some numbers.

Here are the stats. There could be mistakes. This is unofficial.

9.95 - 1
11.95 - 4
12.95 - 3
14.95 - 13
16.95 sets - 9
16.95 backgrounds - 10 + monograms
17.95 - 9
18.95 - 2
19.95 - 25
21.95 - 1
22.95 - 17
24.95 - 9
26.95 sets - 7
26.95 alphas - 3 styles
28.95 - 8
29.95 - 5
31.95 - 3
34.95 - 2
38.95 alphas - 3
39.95 sets - 1
39.95 alpha - 1

If I added right.... Total sets & BGs - 136 + monograms"
Old 06-29-2006, 04:59 AM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

Mindeola - That was so nice of you to add all that up! Thanks from all of us who are anxiously waiting (I will have mine from my demo in 4 hours ... YAY). It is nice to know, though, that we have so much to look at! - Gay Howe
Old 06-29-2006, 05:20 AM   #88  
Matboard Maniac

Default Liked it!

I really like this catalog and agree with the poster that said it was much better than last year's. The background stamps are great and I found a couple Christmas ones that caught my eye (and about a million other things).
Old 06-29-2006, 06:50 AM   #89  
Compulsive Stamper

My Catalogs arrived in Blaine, MN
I think the new catalog is GREAT! My Fav's: wheel that matches Ahoy Matey set---TOO CUTE! Love the new backgrounds, of course love the new colors. Not so sure what i think about the watercolor crayon change, i think it's probably appealing to the customer not to spend so much at one time, but when you look at it closely if you had bought the old set , 48 colors cost $60, now to have all 48 it will be $80. I love these crayons though, and will continue to promote them! Someone mentioned they thought brads were high priced, i didn't agree cuz you get 4 colors 50 of ea, so the pkg is 200 pieces! New punch box is great! and love that they made an extender for the color caddy! Samples in the catalog are absolutely great! Also love the warm words set (script like words, set of I LOVE IT ALL, I THINK ALL DEMO'S SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE CATALOG, ESPECIALLY REMEMBERING THAT ALMOST ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE EXCLUSIVE TO US! I think the new Angel Company book looks great, but most all their accessories can be bought at any local scrap/stamp store. Happy Stamping ALL!

"I don't repeat gossip, so listen good the first time"
Old 06-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

anyone tell me if backyard BBQ or something similar is in the new catalog?
SCS Sketch Challenge Hostess
Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 AM   #91  
Compulsive Stamper

Backyard BBQ is not in the new catalog

"I don't repeat gossip, so listen good the first time"
Old 06-29-2006, 07:07 AM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

I was okay with the catalog. I like the new Halloween, soccer and camping set. Love the new ribbon, and alot of the wheels - which I don't use that often but will start now.

I know from past experiences that when I see samples or my demo does a really card with it, 9 times out of 10 I will buy it - its all about the samples.

I think the cover is ugly. I like the picture but not the pattern on it - but thats not my style.

I too am dissapointed that you cant buy the hodgepodge brads seperate.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Just north of the 49th in a little corner of Heaven!

Lisa, I tend to agree with you, some of the new stuff is pretty nice - I like the paper, but I am a paper addict!! The wheels look good and a few other things, but mostly I will work on buying items that I didn't get last year. Have fun! CynCyn
Old 06-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #94  
Crimping Master

I LOVE the new colors, but I was really hoping for craft ink choices. The new colors only come in classic full size pads.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:27 AM   #95  
Kookie Creator

Default WOW!

OMGosh! I love almost all the new stuff : sets, colors, papers.... This is such a vast improvement over last year's.

My sister, a demo, said that we're going to have to sell our cars and ride bikes to work -- so we can afford all the new stuff. (Easy for her to say -- she lives 6 miles from work while it's 16 miles for me. And I'm a FFWW [fat, forty, white woman]!)

Anyway. I love the new catty!

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindeola
kerilou--

jen70 posted this in the announcements forum:

"I have read in a few places that some people are wondering 2 things: Were there more retiring sets than new sets and are the prices going up?

Since I'm looking at the catty, I decided to get some numbers.

Here are the stats. There could be mistakes. This is unofficial.

9.95 - 1
11.95 - 4
12.95 - 3
14.95 - 13
16.95 sets - 9
16.95 backgrounds - 10 + monograms
17.95 - 9
18.95 - 2
19.95 - 25
21.95 - 1
22.95 - 17
24.95 - 9
26.95 sets - 7
26.95 alphas - 3 styles
28.95 - 8
29.95 - 5
31.95 - 3
34.95 - 2
38.95 alphas - 3
39.95 sets - 1
39.95 alpha - 1

If I added right.... Total sets & BGs - 136 + monograms"
Old 06-29-2006, 09:44 AM   #97  
Mad Swapper

My demo called and I get mine today. I'll be interested to see if I like it as well as I hope. My one friend has given me the run-down already and she thinks I'll be completely broke. That's not so good, but at least, I have a year to spread out my going broke!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #98  
Inking Addict

Wasn't really impressed. Liked last years better. Like the mini backgrounds, paper and a couple of sets. Most are way to cutsey for me. Very disappointed that they had discontinued masculine sets and didn't add any new ones. Also they had discontinued so many vintage and really didn't add enough. New ribbon is quite pricey. Wished it wan't package how it is. Only like 1 or 2 out of the package. While get mine else way being I am not a demo.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #99  
Inking Addict

I love the new catty! I have so many sticky notes on it, it's gonna take me a year to buy everything I want. I'm especially fond of the little chef guy. Too cute!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

I love the new catalog. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. I really liked last year's catalog, but I was sad that there weren't more new sets. I feel like there are so many new sets -- some which didn't seem to be mentioned here at all. There are sets for all tastes -- so many cute and whimsical (which I adore) and so many elegant. There are many hostess sets, just as I read. Also, there are great new sets in all price ranges. I won't have trouble spending on my very own birthday "party" next week! I don't see how you could be disappointed. - Gay Howe
Old 06-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #101  
Glitter Guru

I wasn't very impressed at the beginning,But it seems the more I llok at the samples in general and the way they took the time to put all the little details into the cards,pages and boxes.etc,The more and more you look at these little things the more a set becomes of me and I change my mind on some I didn't egree with the first time I looked at a set.

YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO TAKE TIME AND NOT JUST LOOK AT THE STAMP,But really and I mean really.look at the samples for the little details they puy in each one and how they made some of these.Thier ideas this year are very awesome.they went abouve and beyond when it came to making the samples for this catalog.it will change your mind on a few sets.It did for me.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #102  
Die Cut Diva

Took a quick look at my catalog last night and love what I have seen so far. Hopefully tonight I will have more time to really check out each page and decide what I really have to have. Love the new Sunflower stamp set. May wait to see if I get enough hostess benefits from my next workshop to get this. Also want 3 of the new ink pads, cardstock in the new colors, tag corner punch, maybe the neutral wc crayons, and of course more stamps.
Time to make that wish list.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #103  
Kookie Creator

I just got the new catalog this afternoon and, after a really quick flip through, I have to say that I already love it. it seems there are a lot of new stamps that have kind of a funky retro style, which I absolutely love. They also have some great new words sets like Amazing to Zany, Quirky Quips, Happy Everything & Warm Words. I think they look great and SO useful. In the BG's, I'm eyeing Well-Worn Words & Flannel Plaid (looks so cozy!). I think they would work really well with the smaller Letter Prints backgrounds.

Oh, I also like the Artfully Asian, but am I the only one that thinks those leafs look like marihuana ....? Not that I have any in my back yard to compare ...

Well ... back to my drooling!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Old 06-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #104  
Matboard Maniac

Default New Catty

These are my opinions only and please, no flame. <G> I'm disappointed in the new catty. Too many 'cutsey' stamp sets for me and just nothing in the other sets that jump out at me. The new colors are so like existing colors in several cases, also.
Haven't compared prices with last years but notice that some of the sets are getting far beyond my stamp budget.
So, I guess I have to say that I probably won't be buying much other than paper and stamp pads this year from StampinUp.
daisy
Old 06-29-2006, 01:03 PM   #105  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy453
These are my opinions only and please, no flame. <G> I'm disappointed in the new catty. Too many 'cutsey' stamp sets for me and just nothing in the other sets that jump out at me. The new colors are so like existing colors in several cases, also.
Haven't compared prices with last years but notice that some of the sets are getting far beyond my stamp budget.
So, I guess I have to say that I probably won't be buying much other than paper and stamp pads this year from StampinUp.
daisy
I guess you are right in that there does seem to be a definite trend towards the whimsical in this catalog, which is good for me, since I'm liking that style right now. I can see, though, how you a person could feel disappointed if that isn't. We all have our own styles and preferences, so I certainly don't expect everyone to be jumping up and down about the same things as I am. We are all different and that's a good thing! I would feel very disappointed, too, if I didn't find much in there that I liked when I had been looking forward to it so much. Hopefully, you will find some things that "grow" on you over the year ... and there are always the mini's to look forward, too!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 PM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Overall I like it better than last year.But I am kind of into that Vintage type of work. I am thrilled that many of my mini sets made the IB&C. I was hoping for On the spot BG and Sweet Spots but Sweet Spots did not make it. Woo hoo for On the spot though...feel sorry for the suckers that bought it on the *bay for big $$$. Better yet there is a new Seeing Spots that coordinates with that BG. The new colors, hardware offerings, punches, and punch kit really rock!!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:20 PM   #107  
Polyshrink Goddess

YAY!!!! I got my catty from my demo this morning and I loooooove it! I got to sit outside on my patio and soak up some sun while making my "grand master wish list" while my girlies played in the yard... ahhh sweet bliss!
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: keeping my 7 yr old still, while I'm in stampin' bliss!

Love, Love, Love it! My CC is going to go in overdrive when I place my first order! Good thing I'm having a craft sale next weekend to help pay for my first order!!!!!

Sheila
Old 06-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #109  
Matboard Maniac

Default designer label punch box

The new punch box (p. 221) is my favorite new thing in the catalog. I know it's expensive, but it's a must have for me!! I love the look of the images. Seems like there is a lot of "office supply" look stuff--which I love, but is not everyone's thing.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got it!!!! Well, an hour ago (but I had to go through it)... there are a few sets I want (about 25 or so) I will get the new colors and the new brads right away - - - love it!!!! I think it will be a great year. Some very nice examples of cards!!! It's going to be a wonderful year!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

I only got to flip thru last night since it was at a stamp camp. I always have to take time with the new catalog and fall in love with things. There were a few sets that caught my eye. I love the new colors. I really was enjoying the ideas for projects. I'll be casing quite a few things in there.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #112  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I want the ultimate new catty orgasm and by golly, I shall have it. With two appletinis on the side.
I got mine today and it was just that "ultimate new catty orgasm"!

K
Old 06-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #113  
Watercolor Wizard

I drove over to my demos today and picked up my catalog.

I haven't gone through the whole thing yet, but I liked a lot of the hostess sets. Last year, I had a big workshop and didn't like any of the level 3's, so I got a 1 and a 2 (or something). This time, I think I liked at least 4 level 1's, but also some 2's and 3's. I guess I'll have to host a lot of workshops. It's hard for just a customer to get all the hostess sets she wants!

I know I'll be getting Mixed Bouquet this year. I was really hoping for that one. I know I saw lots of other things I liked, but I haven't memorized them yet.

I'll be going to bed with the catalog and my Wish List notebook!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #114  
Mad Swapper

Love it! I think the catalog is beautiful, the samples are wonderful, and there is tons of new stuff (backgrounds, stamps, paper, brads, accessories) that is wonderful. I'm very happy with it! I haven't started making my list yet. I'm almost scared to - I don't want to see what my ultimate wish list would add up to!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #115  
Glitter Queen

Everyday I come home excited to look in my mailbox and everyday I am disappointed. I still don't have my catalog.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

The Level I's are awesome, IMO! Many sets are growing on me and my list is getting longer! LOL. With that said, this is what I've noticed:

*Could've had more alphas....they seem to be leaning towards the bigger alpha's overall
*Not impressed with the boy sets. Someone also mentioned the masculine..not much of a selection there.
*LOVE how they have the catalog organized.
*Not impressed with teh cost of the panel ribbons.
*Did anyone else notice lots of 22.95 sets??
Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #117  
Die Cut Diva

I love it!!! And OMG, I can't get over how great the level one sets are!!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #118  
Cardstock Collector

Default I love Eau De Cologne!

But it seemed to be the only roller that was not featured in the catalog (only in the back on the roller page). Was this an error on SU's part?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #119  
Crimping Master

k ... after a day of (almost constantly) looking through the new catty ... i love it !! the only stamp that screamed "GOTTA HAVE IT" for me was Well-Worn Words and i did it, but i like a lot of the new stamps and love the new papers !!!! im going to have fun buying this year
Old 06-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #120  
Die Cut Diva

My demo is out of town...won't get the new catty until the end of July
I will have to check it out online...so sad