Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Now that you all have the new Snap Stamps.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/now-you-all-have-new-snap-stamps-151872/)

photocropper 06-04-2006 03:24 PM

Now that you all have the new Snap Stamps....

How in the world are you storing them?

I don't want to put them back in the little plastic things every time. But I would like to keep them organized with their own size and font. Any ideas?

craftycacky 06-04-2006 03:36 PM

That's so funny....I was just getting online to ask the same question! I only have one set so far and I love them, except for I don't like the little plastic container they came in. Anyone have any creative storage ideas??

kphorse 06-04-2006 03:40 PM

Wal-Mart carries a line of kitchen containers called lock-N-Lock. I use a lot of them for stampin storage.

They just came out with a couple of smaller sizes and the little one works for the snap stamps.

Love anything that organizes things neatly.

Karen

photocropper 06-04-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
Wal-Mart carries a line of kitchen containers called lock-N-Lock. I use a lot of them for stampin storage.

They just came out with a couple of smaller sizes and the little one works for the snap stamps.

Love anything that organizes things neatly.

Karen

Thanks Karen ~ I dont know if I have seen those yet! I will have to go to the "big" Walmart to see if I can find them! Are they individual container type things or a tray to put in a drawer??

kphorse 06-04-2006 03:52 PM

They are individual containers. They are water proof, leak proof and really neat! The tall one (can not remember the sizes to save me) holds some note cards I bought and I have different supplies in the them.

The stack well and are very sturdy. I have about 12-14 of them and love how they work.

Check out this site for more info: http://us.locknlock.com/product_regu...gbMenu=regular

HTH

Karen

photocropper 06-04-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
They are individual containers. They are water proof, leak proof and really neat! The tall one (can not remember the sizes to same me) holds some note cards I bought and I have different supplies in the them.

The stack well and are very sturdy. I have about 12-14 of them and love how they work.

Check out this site for more info: http://us.locknlock.com/product_regu...gbMenu=regular

HTH

Karen

Thanks! I have seen those!! I will to consider that!

craftycacky 06-04-2006 06:44 PM

bumpin' this up to see if anyone else has any ideas...

Boss 06-04-2006 07:13 PM

Just had a thought about this as I was reading and haven't had time to go paw through my container "stash" to see if it works ( I bought the small casual snap letters yesterday to add to my others!). Do you remember the hard plastic containers that some punches used to be packaged int? They were a fairly heavy clear acrylic with a deep base and shallow lid and were sized to fit the punch. I know I have small ones on hand, but I think I also saved some large ones. I'll get back to you and let you know how they fit.

Also, after looking at the lock containers mentioned earlier, it made me think that the place to look for smaller, but similar containers would be the dollar store. Jot down the dimensions of the block of snap stamps and then cruise the aisles measuring the containers on hand.

Which brings me to another thought about where to look for containers - a party store! They often have odd small containers for packaging goodies at tables and giving out as favors.

Another area to look in stores would be the cosmetic/accessory aisle and maybe even the section for travel supplies. They often have small see-thru containers for vitamins & pills and such that might work.

Off to check my basket of saved containers and see if anything promising appears! :)

wagonwheelorchard 06-04-2006 08:10 PM

I use the plastic cases from SU (the size the background stamps come in). Works well for me and I can keep them with all my other stamp sets. Though I have used them on nearly every card I have made since I got them so not sure they will ever get put away!

photocropper 06-05-2006 05:44 AM

Mornin' bump

Interesting info ladies! Now are you storing them snapped together or just loose in the containers?
I would like to be able to find what I need quickly....

I was wondering about the tackle boxes that I use for my ribbon (in my gallery)....but I only have 4 sets and that would be kinda big for only 4 sets......still wondering what others have come up with.

Anna741 06-05-2006 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagonwheelorchard
I use the plastic cases from SU (the size the background stamps come in). Works well for me and I can keep them with all my other stamp sets.

I'm doing the same thing. I snapped all the 1/8" stamps together in 1 row, and the 1/4" stamps in 2 or 3 rows. I keep all of them in the same SU plastic case. It's easier for me to find the letter I need if they are snapped together (alphabetically) instead of loose.

SweetMissDaisy 06-05-2006 06:24 AM

I have mine in a small SU case, stuck together in several rows. I only use the 1/8", so I don't have to worry about the multiple size decision.

laurakj 06-05-2006 07:27 AM

Mine are all snapped together 1/4" in 3 rows from a-f, g-m, u-z then the numbers 0-4 and 5-9. Then the 1/8" are in 2 rows a-l and m-z. I have them in a drawer of my smaller Sterilite 3 drawer container. It sit right in front of my stamping space, so I can grab them right away :)

renee3 06-06-2006 07:50 AM

Snap Stamps?

I keep reading about these new snap stamps. What exactly are they? TIA!!

SheStampsHeCamps 06-06-2006 09:09 AM

:-D Well.... first of all..... welcome to SCS!! :-D
Now.... these 'snap stamps' that you are reading so much about are getting harder to find because of their popularity (especially here on SCS). I just ordered my 3rd (and probably my last) set on ebay. They are rubber stamp alphabets that are on the ends of interlocking plastic pieces that snap together.... to keep words all aligned. They come in two fonts (casual & formal) sizes are 1/8", 1/4", 1/2" and even 1" They are made by Karen Foster. You get a few of each letter, so that you can usually make any word or combination of words you want.

If you go on the mad 'hunt'.... look up "Karen Foster Snap Stamps". Also... look in Laurakj and SweetMissDaisy's gallery to see several awesome samples of cards that use them! I have used my 1/4" size a few times.... but only ONE letter out of my 1/2" size... I have 1/8" coming!! :mrgreen:

photocropper 06-11-2006 02:38 AM

bump any more ideas???

Doris 06-11-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy
I have mine in a small SU case, stuck together in several rows. I only use the 1/8", so I don't have to worry about the multiple size decision.

Yep, I am doing the same thing and it works great. Love, Love, Love my snap stamps! They are soooo cool.:)

photocropper 06-11-2006 03:41 PM

Thanks Doris!!!
I have more than one size and font and I am thinking they need to be seperated......guess I could use more than one case...

hedgiemama 06-12-2006 07:23 PM

I don't have any extra su cases. So the Lock n Lock containers from WalMart sound good to me. I don't think I will have the patience to resnap them in order after using them...I think I will be fishing for letters, each set needs a little box....

lindenfan1 06-12-2006 09:04 PM

I am using an old baby wipes container for the time being... it is from the days when I thought baby wipes worked well to clean stamps... that is until I found Ultra Clean!!

Carmen

Jami 06-12-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy

I only have the 1/8" casual so far (I want the 1/4" too) so maybe I'll try to dig up a small SU box. I definitely need a good way to store these little gems!

photocropper 06-14-2006 08:39 AM

just another bump.....

ematson 06-14-2006 10:31 AM

I just have mine snapped together and sitting on the shelf behind my table. If I put them away I'll just have to find them and get them out again. :)

Brenda71 06-14-2006 11:01 AM

I got a set of the tool drawers (from the tool section). It has 4 bigger drawers and the rest smaller. I was able to put the medium in the bigger drawers and the small and mini fit in the smaller drawers. I keep each size separate.

XcessStamps 06-14-2006 11:44 AM

I just turned the stamps upside down in their original boxes - so I'm opening the bottom (which is now the top) and all the stamps are there facing me ready to go. Works for now.

imataloss 06-14-2006 12:37 PM

QVC also sells the lock and lock containers. I LOVE them for EVERYTHING. Kitchen included. Meijer also has them if you have one of them near by.

Clownmom 06-15-2006 04:15 PM

I was in Old Time Pottery today and found a great little food storage container for $1.19. It had three sections (one large and two small). I fit three sets of stamps in there. The large section held almost all of the 1/2" stamps. One small section held the balance (12) of the 1/2" and the entire 1/8" inch stamps. The other small section held an entire 1/4" set.