Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Default Not motivated to stamp - Love to visit SCS

Lately I have not been motivated to stamp. I got tons of new catty stuff and I mounted everything but I just can't get into doing it lately. I just go into my craft room, look at everything and walk back out. I love all of my stuff, new and old, and I would never part with anything. Maybe I am just having a mental block, LOL.
On the other hand, I go to SCS everyday to read posts and look at the gallery. I love to hear about what everyone is getting, but I don't even want anything else right now. I didn't see anything in the new mini that I wanted.

HELP! Is anyone else feeling like this lately???

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I have felt this way too and it bums me out. I got some really good advise from dawnmercedes.....case 2 or 3 cards until your creative juices start to flow and then you'll be off and stamping again! It might take 5 or 6 but really it does work

Renee
Old 08-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

That's exactly what I was thinking.
I recently went to a stamp camp, and it was so nice to have all of the ideas already thought out, and all the paper cut. All I had to do was stamp and put things together. It didn't tax my brain at all. I placed an order, and when I got home, I just wanted to sit down and stamp some more.
If you case some cards, you don't have to put a lot of thought into it.
I know that I sometimes have a problem stamping because there is always something else that I should be doing. Now, don't ask me why I don't have that same guilt to sit in front of the computer for an hour. I'll just wander around the house thinking about stamping, and cleaning random things. (My house always needs cleaning. As someone else here said, I suffer from CHAOS - can't have anyone over syndrome. Sorry, I don't remember who made that up.)
Old 08-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I feel the same way sometimes. I joined some swaps for trading cards . They go so quick . They are smaller so there is less space to fill up.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I once took a 6 month or so break from stamping and scrapbooking. I just didn't want to do it, even though I love it. I just waited, and tried it every once in awhile to see if I had any more interest. When I finally did want to do it again, I just took off and I love it and have so much fun doing it. Taking a break was just what I needed. If you love doing it, I'm sure the desire will come again. Good luck with all--maybe take up something else in the meantime?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Um.... I'm supposed to be cleaning and organizing my stamp room so I can stamp, but I'm here... just like you...

I have so many ideas rolling around in my head, I think I'm overwhelmed on what to do and try first. Having a stamping weekend with my sis in two weeks, so there I'll HAVE to stamp. Would really like to get some cards done before then.

Okay, ten more minutes here, then I am really am going to clean. Really....
Old 08-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala
Um.... I'm supposed to be cleaning and organizing my stamp room so I can stamp, but I'm here... just like you...

I have so many ideas rolling around in my head, I think I'm overwhelmed on what to do and try first. Having a stamping weekend with my sis in two weeks, so there I'll HAVE to stamp. Would really like to get some cards done before then.

Okay, ten more minutes here, then I am really am going to clean. Really....

Yeah, right. Ten more minutes. I believe you.

It's funny, I'm stamping this coming weekend with my sister - not the whole weekend, but Saturday. We are going to make Chanukah cards, so we have a very specific purpose. We each need to make 10 cards, so it is very do-able (unlike 80 Christmas cards). I know exactly which stamps to take, so that helps.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

I get in a rut a lot. What I find that brings me out, kind of like what lynnewithane said above, is to have a very specific purpose. I knew I needed to make my mom something for her birthday. I went down to the craft room and got started. And to continue my juices flowing, I would make sure that when I stopped, to stop in the MIDDLE of a project so I'd just have to go down and finish .... and maybe my urge to craft would take off. It does work for me. Thing of something you NEED to do, not just for fun, and then do it!

One other thing I do is challenge myself. I will pick, at random a stamp set and say, "OK, you are going to make X amount of things with this set." I like to do that, too.

It'll pass... DON'T WORRY!

Cindy
Old 08-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
Yeah, right. Ten more minutes. I believe you.

It's funny, I'm stamping this coming weekend with my sister - not the whole weekend, but Saturday. We are going to make Chanukah cards, so we have a very specific purpose. We each need to make 10 cards, so it is very do-able (unlike 80 Christmas cards). I know exactly which stamps to take, so that helps.
Geez, now I have to be accountable!! LOL Really, this is the last post and I'm off. I have 1 minute left (even looked at the clock when I did my post!! )

My sis and I are making cards for our Grandmas for their Christmas gifts. They are always asking us for cards to mail to friends. One is 90 and the other 84, so what would you get them anyways? So, we have lots of cards to do especially since we said "oh, mom would love this too!!" See what I started by doing the same thing for my sisters a couple years ago?

Okay off to clean and hopefully a little creating next week!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I was feeling the same way throughout July. I figured it was either the heat/humidity or a small bout of depression (my house isn't selling and my DH is in school in another town and I only see him on weekends), but I forced myself to stamp last weekend and ended up completing four cards (which I uploaded) and I think my funk has gone. I am looking forward to doing some stamping later tonite and tomorrow. Woohoo!! Just sit down and DO IT - case if you have to and let the inspiration come later. Good luck!

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Old 08-12-2006, 05:48 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Rescued from CHAOS

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
I'll just wander around the house thinking about stamping, and cleaning random things. (My house always needs cleaning. As someone else here said, I suffer from CHAOS - can't have anyone over syndrome. Sorry, I don't remember who made that up.)
The CHAOS quote you mentioned comes from FlyLady.net. It is a website devoted to helping people get on track with keeping their homes and minds clean and orderly based on 15-minute a day routines. You can sign up for motivational reminders each day, and each day there is a "mission" for you to accomplish in 1 of 5 zones your home is divided into for cleaning. Even though this sounds hard to believe, I can attest that it has been a life-saver for me because I was lost and overwhelmed by my own clutter and apathy. If you're truly interested in trying to get yourself and your home back on track, I suggest you check out the website. There's even a forum here on SCS devoted to those who are FlyLady subscribers and avid stampers.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I get this way all the time. I don't know why. I will go in my stampin room and clean up and organize everything, turn on the raido, and then just walk back out...LOL. But most of the time I'm a stampin fool!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Default Got 2 cards done!

So I cleaned my office for an hour, just enough to clear off my table top

I then turned a movie on and made two cards! Yeah, I feel like I've accomplished something in two areas.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Guilty as charged!!!

For me its summer...I don't want to stay in and stamp when I can be outside and be in the pool.

I think things will change a lot for me as DD is going to Kindergarten this year. I can actually schedule stamping time each week.

The other issue for me is I chat with a group on here and all I wanna do is talk to them in my spare minutes, LOL!!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I have to make a card for a friend sometime before next week. Why not today? I'm going to lock myself in there until I have a card done!

My Gallery
Old 08-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon E
Well, I have to make a card for a friend sometime before next week. Why not today? I'm going to lock myself in there until I have a card done!
You go girl!! Let us know how it turns out!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:09 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Belonging to 2 stamp clubs makes me have to come up with at least 2 projects a month for my share of the deal. Also going and stamping what other people have come up with gets me going. BUT I totally know what you mean. I can just sit looking at the stuff and feel overwhelmed and never get ink to paper.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea
Guilty as charged!!!

For me its summer...I don't want to stay in and stamp when I can be outside and be in the pool.

I think things will change a lot for me as DD is going to Kindergarten this year. I can actually schedule stamping time each week.

The other issue for me is I chat with a group on here and all I wanna do is talk to them in my spare minutes, LOL!!
I think that was my reason too! Even when you have A/C, I think there is still something that brings you down, and it really IS hard to get creative...I do so much better with my window open and a cool refreshing breeze blowing in, it's like blowing the cobwebs and dust from my creative side of the brainLOL...
Old 08-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

One of the easiest and quickest ways to get myself moving on making cards is to "play" in the SCS challenges. Perhaps these will give you just the motivation you need to break out of the rut. I LOVE the service these ladies provide us on a daily basis. I HIGHLY recommend heading over to the Challenge Forum and checking it out

Hopefully you'll be back happily stamping soon
Old 08-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I too get into bad creative blocks. I am a very creative person but since stamping has come into my life , it just seems I have so much trouble at times. I love stamping and would like to get into scrapbooking too but the mental blocks keep coming more often and much longer time spans. At times I want to quit, sell it all and be done with it!! I know I would save a ton of money but there is always something pulling me back to it. There are days I can pop out 5-10 cards and days I sit there and clean up and get frustrated!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Summertime always puts me in a creative rut! I don't want to stamp or craft at all, I want to go in my craft room but always just go in there and stare at stuff

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.