Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   No Upload Sunday Reminder (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/no-upload-sunday-reminder-114139/)

Jami 01-22-2006 09:10 AM

No Upload Sunday Reminder

Just a reminder that it's No Upload Sunday to give our wonderful Gallery Gurus a break. That means we have been asked to please not upload anything at all on Sundays - not just that they won't be approved. If we continue to upload then it defeats the purpose and they are slammed on Monday morning.

Please join me in giving HUGE THANKS to Jenn and Beate who do the bulk of photo approvals every day (except Sunday of course ;) ) and please help me keep this bumped up today to get the word out to those who might not have heard about this request.

THANKS JENN & BEATE - YOU ROCK!!! HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!!!

Aug '06 ETA: There is now a wonderful team of Gallery Moderators who all deserve to have Sunday OFF!!!! Thanks Ladies!

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 09:14 AM

I agree!

BUMP!

Jeanne S 01-22-2006 09:22 AM

I was wondering why they just don't have it so the uploads don't work on sundays. I'm sure alot of people are just not getting this message.

laurakj 01-22-2006 09:22 AM

HUGE Thanks
to Beate and Jen! You guys are wonderful!
Enjoy your day off!

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I was wondering why they just don't have it so the uploads don't work on sundays. I'm sure alot of people are just not getting this message.

I think it's that it is not as easy as just flipping a switch to turn it on and off every week.

Kathyc 01-22-2006 09:24 AM

Thanks for all you do Jenn & Beate! Enjoy your day off!

trudee 01-22-2006 09:25 AM

Enjoy the day off, Ladies!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

scrapmo 01-22-2006 09:25 AM

my very first upload and I did it on the wrong day - appologies!

Jeanne S 01-22-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterPixie
I think it's that it is not as easy as just flipping a switch to turn it on and off every week.

Bummer. I wonder if there would be a way to have an "Upload Schedule" or something posted in bold on the gallery page. Like I said -I just think we have a whole lot of people that are not getting it.

sherristampsalot 01-22-2006 09:28 AM

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You! You ladies rock the SCS World!

Jeanne S 01-22-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmo

It's OK - you know now :)

Jami 01-22-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmo

No worries! That's why we're trying to get the word out! :)

Jami 01-22-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
Bummer. I wonder if there would be a way to have an "Upload Schedule" or something posted in bold on the gallery page. Like I said -I just think we have a whole lot of people that are not getting it.

True! While Daven and crew are figuring out the best way to be sure everyone is informed let's do our part in helping to get the word out! :D

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 09:37 AM

Hey Jami(e), you spelled Jenn's name wrong!

BWAHAHAHHA!!

Got you!

Debra 01-22-2006 09:40 AM

I also think something needs to be on the gallery page about this. I think a lot of people visit the gallery and don't come to the forums. I know that is what I did when I first found scs.

Debra

Jami 01-22-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

BWAHAHAHHA!!

Got you!

OH YIKES!!! I've been hanging around Jen (JJStamper) too long!

So sorry - a real pet peeve for me too!

It's fixed now!

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
OH YIKES!!! I've been hanging around Jen (JJStamper) too long!

So sorry - a real pet peeve for me too!

It's fixed now!

I know! It's all JJStamper's fault!

BUMP!

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 09:52 AM

bump!

uffdastamper 01-22-2006 10:01 AM

Thanks Jenn and Beate! Happy Sunday!

(Great time to venture to the gallery and check out all the wonderful artwork.)

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 10:18 AM

bump

etsdas 01-22-2006 10:20 AM

Thanks to Jenn and Beate and all the SCS team. I think the reminder to hold off until later, to avoid the Monday morning crush, is a good one.

I can't imagine how much time this must take - I spend a lot of time just glancing at the "Today's additions". It would be fun (or maybe not!!!) to have a behind the scenes tour - I have no idea how all this works.

trudee 01-22-2006 10:23 AM

OOPSIE! I am certain I have used "Jen" and "Jamie" before.

Sorry ladies!! won't happen again!! :)

sarahm25 01-22-2006 10:27 AM

I uploaded some photos last night, but they weren't approved until today... is it okay to upload on Saturday evenings? I'm confused, and definitely want the wonderful SCS staff to have a break on Sundays...

Sarah

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahm25
I uploaded some photos last night, but they weren't approved until today... is it okay to upload on Saturday evenings? I'm confused, and definitely want the wonderful SCS staff to have a break on Sundays...

Sarah

The idea is to give them a "day off" from approving. So it was decided that Sunday would be the day that we are asked to remember to not upload on.

I think Saturday evenings are okay! ;)

propecia 01-22-2006 10:34 AM

Quote:

BWAHAHAHHA!!

Got you!

bwahahahahahha Jami (e)!!!!

:D

row4d 01-22-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra
I also think something needs to be on the gallery page about this. I think a lot of people visit the gallery and don't come to the forums. I know that is what I did when I first found scs.

Debra

A good idea, but it seems like whenever the mods put a notice at the top of the page or make a thread a sticky that FEWER people notice it! People tend to ignore banners when visiting websites, and there's even a name for it -- ad blindness!

Jeanne S 01-22-2006 11:11 AM

Hmmm.... there's got to be a way to get the word out.

Rachelhope13 01-22-2006 11:12 AM

OOPSIE!!! Sorry Ladies!!! Thought it just wouldn't get appoved.

Jeanne S 01-22-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelhope13

10 lashes with a wet noodle for you :)

jbalcer 01-22-2006 11:19 AM

Regarding Saturday uploads, go for it! One of us will approve all of the remaining Saturday stuff on Sunday morning, and sometimes a little bit of Sunday's, too. For sure Saturday night's, though.

Yes, we've tried banners in the gallery, front page stories, etc. . . and they do get passed over. We could turn off gallery uploads, but think of the questions that would get posted, and that someone would have to answer them! :)

Thanks, Jamie! ;)

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
Regarding Saturday uploads, go for it! One of us will approve all of the remaining Saturday stuff on Sunday morning, and sometimes a little bit of Sunday's, too. For sure Saturday night's, though.

Yes, we've tried banners in the gallery, front page stories, etc. . . and they do get passed over. We could turn off gallery uploads, but think of the questions that would get posted, and that someone would have to answer them! :)

Thanks, Jamie! ;)

No kidding! Imagine the questions!!

I have noticed that some people have it in their signature, and I think that is helpful!

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 11:54 AM

bump!!

lbirus 01-22-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahm25

Sarah

Oh yea, me too. I confess... I'm a late night uploader (sounds kinda sinister doesn't it). I was so thrilled to see that my things uploaded last night were magically approved today. Thanks for letting me get them in "under the wire"!!! I don't want to stress out these wonderful ladies that do so much for us! Thank you, thank you. Let us know how late is too late and we'll happily comply, for the good of the order!!! SCS rocks.

Julia S 01-22-2006 12:07 PM

Thanks Jenn and Beate for making this site great and for having the patience to do all that uploading...a huge job for sure! You definitely deserve a day off!

Hugs,

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 12:33 PM

BUMP!

maryp 01-22-2006 12:38 PM

And another bump!

onebusymango 01-22-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbirus
Oh yea, me too. I confess... I'm a late night uploader (sounds kinda sinister doesn't it).

Bawahahahahaa!

Yes, it does sound like something illegal. or 007 ish.
Too funny~

InkStazOnMe 01-22-2006 12:49 PM

Uh Oh. I knew about not uploading to the gallery on Sundays, but didn't know if thumbnails were OK. Are they?

restongal 01-22-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelhope13

Me too :rolleyes: I guess I didn't realize the difference. Thanks so much for all you guys do, I'll remember now :D

WaterPixie 01-22-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj88and2
Uh Oh. I knew about not uploading to the gallery on Sundays, but didn't know if thumbnails were OK. Are they?

A thunbnail is the same as uploading. :)