Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   No Mojo (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/no-mojo-580749/)

mchris1024 11-10-2013 06:10 PM

No Mojo

Have not been crafting as much as I should and looking to get some help with my mojo.

Looking for great blogs especially SU blogs. Any suggestions?

lynkim 11-10-2013 07:05 PM

Brian King and Justin Krieger, they have links to other SU demo blogs at times as well. They are awesome! check them out.

shazsilverwolf 11-11-2013 01:10 AM

Try a Pinterest search for Su- there are thousands on there, and they'll mostly all link to blogs.

Diane Long 11-11-2013 03:58 AM

Sometimes I just need to step away from the computer, clear my mind outside, maybe a short walk. Then I go into my studio, put on some favorite music, and just start straightening things, looking through stamp drawers, and I eventually spot something that gives me that creative spark, and I dive in.

Oddesigns 11-11-2013 05:02 AM

When I lose my mojo I try not to fight it. I have plenty of other interests to occupy my time. But, if I have cards that need to be made and I'm not feeling it, I usually pick a SU set and browse the gallery here, and Pinterest, to see what others have done with it. That usually gets me back in my craft room.

STYXROCKSME 11-13-2013 09:19 AM

I was making lot's of Christmas cards to sell. I was working very hard to get these made. My back was hurting so bad I had to take a few days to rest. Then my mojo took the first flight south. I need to get back to making more Christmas cards, but have no interest. I have been doing other things and staying away from crafting room. I really need to get back to the cards.

harvestmoon 11-13-2013 10:37 AM

Burned Out

I understand your burn-out. I feel dull, too. After making 184 cards (that's how many I could fit in Priority box) for Operation Write Home...twice...I am still experiencing burn-out. "Crafting overload." I like the sketch challenges for inspiration...seeing what others create from the sketches is a big help to me. I don't know how to insert links, but I like Retro Sketches, Freshly Made Sketches, Mojo Monday and others. You'll find out quickly who suits your personal style. Sometimes I have to just copy the whole card to get started again. I hope your creativity returns soon!

RiverIsis 11-13-2013 04:44 PM

Another blog is The Frugal Crafter...lots of varied videos Thefrugalcrafter's Weblog | Groovy craft projects, crafty recipes and other artsy stuff.

UnderstandBlue 11-13-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20414140)
Another blog is The Frugal Crafter...lots of varied videoshttp://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com

Love her.

Makalah 11-13-2013 04:54 PM

Don't forget Pinterest! Stampin' Up has a great Pinterest page.

And SCS have lots of SU inspiration, sorted by stamp set name.

sprtchick 11-13-2013 07:53 PM

Last Saturday I completed 1000 cards for a twice yearly card sale at church. I need a break so I have not stamped since. I donate the cards for fund raising. I will soon have to start another thousand for the next fund raiser. I still send some to the soldiers and i donate to two other churches too. Sometimes it begins to feel like too much but I know others are counting on me. I will have to get back in the stamp room soon.
Good luck all.
Blessings.

STYXROCKSME 11-20-2013 11:54 AM

Due to pinched nerves in my neck, no crafting for several weeks anyway. Dr said to just rest. So I'll look online and make notes. Once pain quits I'll get going. Taking 20 cards to town tomorrow.

QueenOfInkland 11-20-2013 12:09 PM

mchris1024,

I know you were looking for blogs (preferably SU), but I wanted to share a different idea.

If you are open to swaps, I can tell you that swaps have been instrumental in helping me to get my mojo back when I'm experiencing a 'mojo slump'.

I look for a swap where I can use a technique that I love or a technique that I want to try or a product I want to use (could be a stamp image or an art medium or a new die, etc.) or a subject/theme that interests me - you get the idea - something that MOVES me...

And especially when I'm using a new product or a technique, I like to do some 'educational' research on the Internet and that research often expands into all kinds of directions - one thing leads to another and before I know it I'm hopping all over the place watching videos and reading blogs and finding like-minded artists that are all new to me - powerful!

SCS has swaps as well as all kinds of 'challenges' that might get you going again. You might want to check them out.

Whatever works for you, I hope you get your mojo back soon.

agypsyangel 11-21-2013 07:04 AM

I took a break for a few weeks and now I am in a super creative crafting mood. I find alot of great inspiration on youtube.

GWTW Junkie 11-22-2013 06:00 AM

When I feel burned out, I often take on a charity project. Right now I am challenging myself to donate 100 cards by Christmas. It always helps to get my focus off myself and remember the joy of simply creating pretty, useful things for others. By the time I'm done I always feel rejuvenated.

Right now I've picked our local Humane Society, so I get to make cute animal cards to thank donors and adopters. Fun! I am so allergic to cats I can't even really walk in the door, so this is one way I can help out the kitties : )

stampin stacy 11-22-2013 06:20 AM

I feel your pain, I have been there myself. I know one thing, for me atleast I cannot force the creativity. The harder I tried to force something the faster and farther away my "muse" ran. If you just play and don't actually finish anything, that's okay. If you end up just shuffling things around your desk, that's okay too. The muse will return when "she" is ready.

I will say that everytime I surf Pinterest, I get the itch to go make something myself.