Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   NEWS FROM BAGHDAD, IRAQ (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/news-baghdad-iraq-23337/)

Elizabeth Barry 01-10-2005 11:39 AM

NEWS FROM BAGHDAD, IRAQ

I just have to share this with you girls. I almost died laughing. Just received a post card (?) from a soldier today. Bless his heart, he didn't have a regular post card, but in my book he gets a gold star. He used the inside of a food box to write on~
Happy Holidays from Baghdad, Iraq!
Thank you so much for the nice card and note. It means alot to us that folks back home care enough to send cards and letters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. God Bless you and the United States of America. V/R James Parris, Camp Sather
The other side of card has JAMBALAYA, WITH HAM AND SHRIMP showing the ingredients - nutrition facts - net wt. U.S. Inspected_ _ _ _ _. Think we need to send him some regular postcards, cards and some stationery? I'll add him to my list of soldiers and send him some.

sunshineb 01-10-2005 11:45 AM

:D :D :D :D
How cute :-) At least he's creative :-)
Sunshine

LisaS25 01-10-2005 11:46 AM

Bless him! I guess you find anything you can to get the word out when you need to.

MoberKitty 01-10-2005 12:46 PM

That's great! Guess his mom taught him well...it doesn't matter what the note card looks like as long as you send the note!! :lol:

Thanks for the heart-warming chuckle!

msamethyst1 01-10-2005 12:53 PM

My cousin often used the packaging from MREs to send postcards back home. Sturdy, thrifty and served the purpose!

ozzigirl 01-10-2005 01:04 PM

That's very creative of him! That is actually the reason that I made cards with envelopes to enclose in my care packages to troops in Iraq, I figured there's not a lot of Hallmark stores over there, and they might like something pretty to send home to family/frieds. I quite like the idea of the recycled postcards though ...

Sue

Sereikastamper 01-10-2005 01:16 PM

Well Elizabeth, yet again your faithful donations of cards are getting there and being appreciated!!! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing! :D

Elizabeth Moran 01-10-2005 01:25 PM

Iraq

Keri, I see that you have moved up in the world and you are now called the Quiet Type! Way too go!! You really do look like the quiet type.

Liz

Karleen 01-10-2005 01:39 PM

This is my first post but just wanted to say that it's wonderful what you do and how thoughtful of him to write you back. Shoot I cannot even get my neices and nephews to send "thank you's" for their Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing a smile. :)

Elizabeth Barry 01-10-2005 02:14 PM

You know, had it been one of the female soldiers to do this, I would not have thought too much about it. I still would have chuckled over it, but to be honest I didn't think the guys would have thought of this. Yes, his mama brought him up right. Not only thank people, but to think on his feet and make do with what you have on hand. He gets a big gold star for this.