Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   NEWEST TAKE TEN in my box!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/newest-take-ten-my-box-31107/)

theresalaird 02-23-2005 12:32 PM

NEWEST TAKE TEN in my box!!

Ok! Just wanted to let everyone know that if you preorderd the newest take ten, it should be coming your way. I have not had a chance to look yet, but am not worried that I will find many new ideas to use! Just wanted to let everyone know.

:D 8)

TRStamper 02-23-2005 12:35 PM

Thanks so much for the heads up. I'll start stalking Michael's and Barnes and Noble in a few days!
Terri

Michelle Laycock 02-23-2005 12:38 PM

Is this number 4?

I have the previous 3 but didn't pre-order the number 4... I wanted to look at it first so I'll hit my B&N tomorrow I guess.

How do you like it? Do you see any SCSers in it? Opinions, please?!?!

theresalaird 02-23-2005 12:41 PM

Yes it is the 4th edition. I have not looked past the cover. I have no doubt that I'll find many great ideas (JMO). :D

seewah 02-23-2005 12:44 PM

Has anyone who has been published in the newest Take Ten received their complimentary copy? When I was published in the Vol. 3, I received one a few weeks before they hit the stands ... just wondered when those who get published will start receiving theirs. I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of my cards will make it in this issue! :D

mcharmaine 02-23-2005 12:48 PM

theresalaird, lucky you! I pre-ordered my copy several months ago. Hopefully it's tucked safely away in my mailbox. I can't wait to go home! And I don't have to wait for DH to pick me up from work tonight!

Charmaine

look-inkgood 02-23-2005 12:49 PM

I've been waiting! Hurrah! Off to "Stamp a Dee Doo Dah" to see if they have it yet.
Thanks for the heads up!

theresalaird 02-23-2005 12:50 PM

I hope it is there. I was so excited when I saw it as well as my tax papers! Good day all around.

Theresa

nancystamps 02-23-2005 12:55 PM

Just what is Take Ten? I've seen in mentioned in several forums but I've never seen it.

Lisa S 02-23-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
Has anyone who has been published in the newest Take Ten received their complimentary copy?

Nope, haven't gotten my copy yet - my upline emailed me yesterday to tell me she saw one of my cards in there - I flipped through it at her house last night - I have 2 cards in there - yippeee

So I will be stalking my mailbox until my copy comes

seewah 02-23-2005 01:24 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called Stampington to find out if complimentary copies have gone out ... and yes, they have. The editor looked up my contact info and they had my street address, city and zip code correct ... but they had my state wrong! :( She was able to create another order and I will be receiving my complimentary copy within the next 10 days or so. Can't WAIT to see which card(s) of mine got selected!

If you have received your preorder copy, I would so appreciate it if you could let me know which card(s) made it in! (My name is Sarah Vrolyk.) The suspense is killing me! :D

seewah 02-23-2005 01:29 PM

Way to go, Lisa!!!

If you don't receive your copy in the next day or so ... you might want to call them to make sure they have your contact info entered correctly. :D

MWDStamp 02-23-2005 01:44 PM

Can't wait to get mine. I love this magazine!! Still have not finished case'ing from the last one.

mcharmaine 02-23-2005 02:02 PM

Congratulations Lisa and Sarah! I'll look out for your creations!

Charmaine

twinkle 02-23-2005 02:39 PM

Take Ten

Can you buy the Take Ten in stores? Barnes and Noble and/or Borders? I haven't seen them there yet, are they by the magazines? I order Take Ten #3, on-line, but if I can save on shipping and find it in a store, that would be great!

Lisa S 02-23-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't WAIT to see which card(s) of mine got selected!

If you have received your preorder copy, I would so appreciate it if you could let me know which card(s) made it in! (My name is Sarah Vrolyk.) The suspense is killing me! :D

CONGRATS Sarah - if mine arrives tomorrow I will let you know. Funny thing, the cards that I sent in weren't even for that issue - but they have the right to put them in which ever publication of theirs that they want

I may just have to go to Borders and see if they have it yet, I checked Michaels last nite while I was out, but they had none - I hate to spend the money knowing that one will be in my mailbox shortly - thanks for the info on calling them, if I don't get it by Friday, I will give them a call.

Cat 02-23-2005 02:55 PM

Cool! Thanks for the notice... can't wait for mine. I thought they weren't shipping out until March 1 - so I think they're early.

The shipped magazines are for pre-orders, so I'm guessing the stores won't have them for another few weeks.

NancyStamps - Take 10 is a special issue magazine that has ideas that are supposed to take less than 10 minutes. The same company that produces Stampers Sampler does the Take 10s (a smaller article-only usually appears in their monthly mag).

Check www.stampington.com

http://www.stampington.com/html/tss_take_ten_4.html

beccabatgirl 02-23-2005 02:56 PM

take ten

My complimentary issue was in my mailbox! Sarah, I found 2 of your cards. They were Leaf Leaf Leaf and A Touch of Paris. Congrats!
I have paged through the mag several times already! Hope yours comes soon! :D

azure722 02-23-2005 02:57 PM

What is the take ten?

JulieHRR 02-23-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
NancyStamps - Take 10 is a special issue magazine that has ideas that are supposed to take less than 10 minutes. The same company that produces Stampers Sampler does the Take 10s (a smaller article-only usually appears in their monthly mag).

Check www.stampington.com

http://www.stampington.com/html/tss_take_ten_4.html

nancystamps 02-23-2005 04:09 PM

Thanks, everyone, I'm going to check it out! :)

melcran 02-23-2005 04:41 PM

Yeah!! I've been waiting to hear when people started receiving them. I submitted and can't wait to find out if I made it in!

Congrats to Lisa & Sarah :!:

-Monica in Seattle

Boss 02-23-2005 05:10 PM

Take Ten 4

I am so CONFUSED!! Some of you are saying that your cards were selected and you were notified some time ago; others of you are saying that your cards were selected and the first you knew of it was that the free issue arrived in the mail; and a few of you are saying that you are anxiously awaiting the copy so you can see if you were selected!

What a goofy system of letting people know - you get notified early, you get notified with the publication or you find your card in the magazine and you notify THEM.... :shock:
I have been feeling blue since last night when someone posted a card that was selected for Take Ten 4 - they had been notified. I have heard nothing so far so that was a message to me I didn't get selected. Now you're saying you don't know if you made the mag until you read it cover to cover????!!!!
ARRGGGG!

melcran 02-23-2005 05:35 PM

Yeah, Boss, don't feel blue! I don't think they ever contact people to let them know - someone called them to find out. They just send a complimentary copy to you if you were in it and that is usually how you find out... when it shows up.

Hope you made it!

emilymomto3boys 02-23-2005 05:43 PM

Ack!! I preordered one and now I am out of town for maybe another week!!! I want to know if any of mine made it!!! If you see one of mine (Emily Giovanni) let me know, the suspense is killing me!!!

WillStamp4Food 02-23-2005 05:53 PM

Me too. I am dying to know if I got any in there. I submitted a whole bunch. If anyone sees any of mine would you tell me? BTW my name is Dana Hatch.

SharonB 02-23-2005 07:01 PM

I don't know if I'm lucky enough to be published in Vol. 4. If anyone sees my name I would ever so appreciate it if you let know I'm in it. Thanks so much. Congrats to those who were published!

Sharon Bash

Lisa S 02-23-2005 07:12 PM

They don't call you to let you know if they use your cards - you get a free issue of the magazine that your cards appear in, in the mail. The cards that I have in this issue weren't even for this particular issue they were for Pearl Ex and Acetate (at least one of them was) - BUT they have they right to put your cards for submission into any of the magazines that they produce, per the information on their website. One of my other PE and acetate cards is not in this issue, so I'm holding out that it will appear in a diff. publication.

congrats to all - I will be stalking my maillady waiting for my own copy to arrive so I can eagerly look for all my SCS sisters.

buttons2 02-24-2005 06:12 AM

I checked at my Barnes & Noble yesterday and they not only didn't have any, they had no record any were coming!!! But I then received an email from my LSS and she had some and wanted to know if I wanted a copy. Think I better take her up on it and not count on B&N.

kimilou 02-24-2005 06:52 AM

Is any one seeing the Take Ten in any store yet? TIA!

mamakimberly 02-24-2005 11:40 AM

I'm curious if I made it!! I submitted like 6 cards.

Kimberly Geswein.... waiting for the mail...

Tilly 02-24-2005 12:32 PM

Apparently I have some cards in the latest one too, but being far away in New Zealand it will be awhile before I get my complimentary copy I would guess. (A friend in the US emailed to tell me there were some of my cards in it.) I also pre-order it through a store here but it takes awhile to make it's way down this part of the world! If someone could tell me how many cards I have in there, I'd be very happy ...! Thanks.
Tilly (Auckland, New Zealand)

Mom-of-one 02-24-2005 12:45 PM

:D AAWESOME!!! Thanks for the update.

hockeymom 02-24-2005 01:01 PM

The magazine is not supposed to be release until March 1st.
I think the ones that have been received are all comps.
I should be receiving my shipment any time now.
If you would like to order one from me please just
email me
[email protected]

They are $14.95 plus postage. Plus $2 media mail or $3.85 for flat rate priority. Your choice.

Also, don't forget to check out the SCS charms on the sticky under
Annoucements.
Kim

angiestamps 02-24-2005 01:32 PM

I submitted 4 cards and I'm dying to know if I made it too. This was my first time sending any cards in to a magazine.

overcome 02-24-2005 03:00 PM

I've heard about Take Ten and Volume 4 is the first one I've seen. My friend owns a rubber stamp store and she dropped it off for me to look at.

I'd like to know how it compares to the previous issues. I guess I should ask that question in a couple weeks, when more ppl have the new issue..sounds like many ppl are still waiting.

I have to be honest..I wasn't that impressed. That being said-- most of the cards I liked were created by ppl right here on Splitcoast! Really and truly! The ones that caught my eye are the very same ones that ppl are mentioning here! Thanks for sharing all your creations.

Julie HRR, I've told you this before but it bears repeating...you are so amazing!! Kudos to you and to all that got published. Very exciting :-)

Ashley

jteachg 02-24-2005 04:05 PM

I just got my copy tonight. I bought it from one of my favorite stamping stores in NY. My husband drove me to the store which is 30 minutes away, in a snow storm, and on his birthday!! What a guy! Well, got to go and look through the mag!!!

emilymomto3boys 02-24-2005 04:24 PM

One of you wonderful ladies pm'd me to tell me I had a card in there!! Yipee!! I submitted 6 so I am thrilled that at least one made it!

janicemarz 02-24-2005 05:23 PM

i forgot all about it!

i need to order one...i am a stamp magazine freak!

debbies 02-25-2005 02:06 PM

I'm flipping really quick Emily & I see your Diaper Pins card! I received my complimentary copy today. :D [/quote]