Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
But, ya' hafta remember I've been stamping for 13 years overall, and only discovered SCS when it was born about 4 years ago! (?)

Here's sumpin' butt-ugly I did back, well, can't remember how far back . . . I'm an old woman, for cripes sake! Ya' know, tho, I do think my very first card ever turned out a bit nicer than this one, now that I ponder it some . . .

Please, that's not that bad...
LOL

Wowzers that is a nice, new avatar, Julie!! Too cute!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #82  
Glitter Guru

Great encouraging thread. I have been here a long time - took a while to start my gallery (I am technology impaired, and several people around here generously helped me with that) - now I just plunge in. I seldom have an opportunity to go to a workshop or demo, but in my opinion the challenges and tutorials here more than make up for that. I must admit it bothers me some when I go through the gallery and there are so many underappreciated cards. Maybe this thread will once again make us more aware and we can add encouragement for some of them.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #83  
Matboard Maniac

I had to go back and look at my own avatar to figure out how long I've been a member. It says I joined in January 2006 - can't believe it's been that long! I started off by looking at all the gorgeous creations in the gallery. I haven't even CASE'd that many things - I've just been lurking most of the time!

Then I discovered the forums & now it feels like I've been sucked in alive! I love reading about all things related to stamping. But I never plucked up enough courage to comment anywhere - didn't really think I could say anything that anybody would want to hear.

I think I'd still be lurking if it weren't for discovering the Get It Together forum & Southern California's StampMania. My first post was there & it was the hardest post ever! I guess it's hard coming out of the shell sometimes.

I definitely still feel like a newbie. But I'm pushing myself to comment more, telling myself that I might have something worthwhile to contribute. But uploading to the gallery is still very hard, especially when I'm so "new" & wanting validation so much. So, for now, I've mainly been uploading other people's creations! (from the StampMania). But I hope one day, when I create more stamping time, I might participate in the challenges & upload more of my own creations.

Meanwhile, I'm grateful for this thread. It reminds me not to quit, but just keep working at becoming a better artist & enjoy being creative for its own sake.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #84  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Becky---try the challenges...you will be so surprised HOW FAST you develop your own unique style. PLUS, they are so much fun.
Hope to see you there!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
Please, that's not that bad...
LOL
You are being kind, Jimmi.

I shared some stuff a while back with a dear stamper friend of mine, and, specifically asked her what she thought. She told me it was some of the ugliest stuff she'd ever seen.

Brutal honesty . . . if I'm gonna ask for it, I better be prepared to receive it . . . ROTFL!

I thought I was gonna bust a gut, I laffed so hard . . .

Geeze, but I love her for that.

Quote:

Wowzers that is a nice, new avatar, Julie!! Too cute!
Thank you!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 AM   #86  
Mad Swapper

I'm declaring Apeltini's a food group! Gotta get 3 squares from somewhere.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

What I feel intimidated by is that I see so many beautiful cards. Cards that I would pay good money for...yet when I look I mine I think EEK!! VERY newby cards and I really don't know how to get creative. I'm starting to participate in challenges so I am hoping that will widen my horizons a lot!

View my BLOG
Old 05-31-2007, 04:23 PM   #88  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
What I feel intimidated by is that I see so many beautiful cards. Cards that I would pay good money for...yet when I look I mine I think EEK!! VERY newby cards and I really don't know how to get creative. I'm starting to participate in challenges so I am hoping that will widen my horizons a lot!
It's so like what Woody Allen said (pre-Soon Yi, so I will count it as somewhat valid), "I'd never join a club that would let a person like me become a member." I think we all get so used to our own 'stuff' that we don't think it's anything special, great, unique, whatever. But that's because we've been inside our own head throughout the creation process, which I've got to think is a bit like watching sausage be made... (I so love that I had an opportunity to use that gross smiley! Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 PM   #89  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love that barfy guy, Carole!!!
What a hoot..I am going to start saying gross things all the time so I can use it!!! lol!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMaView Post
It's so like what Woody Allen said (pre-Soon Yi, so I will count it as somewhat valid), "I'd never join a club that would let a person like me become a member." I think we all get so used to our own 'stuff' that we don't think it's anything special, great, unique, whatever. But that's because we've been inside our own head throughout the creation process, which I've got to think is a bit like watching sausage be made... (I so love that I had an opportunity to use that gross smiley! Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 PM   #90  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
I'm declaring Apeltini's a food group! Gotta get 3 squares from somewhere.

Whaaaat??? It wasn't before??? Oh, that's downright criminal.

Yes, indeed it must be so declared, cuz you know what they say:

"An apple a day . . . " *snort*
Old 05-31-2007, 05:02 PM   #91  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMaView Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

i love that smiley, too!