Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:30 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts
Default Ribbon and paper - donations anyone?

Not sure where to post this - I guess it will get moved to the right place if I'm off!!

I'm sitting here trying to plan crafts for 100+ kids for a 6-day conference we're having this summer for our missionaries in-country...

...and I started thinking how fun it would be to be able to have a "crafternoon" for the teen girls and ladies (potentially 60 or so). I've been looking at all the cute altered spiral journals on SCS... I can get a variety of journals here very easily, and pens similar to the RSVP pens, but that's about where the "easily" ends...

So I wonder...if there would be interest in the greater cyber-stamping community in helping me out? The needs would be mainly for patterned paper (not available here) and ribbon...if you send paper, it would be nice for there to be 2 of each design, or coordinating sheets so the ladies have something matching for the front/back. The ribbon could be rolls or scraps from your stash - I like the look of the ribbon scraps tied onto the spiral, or someone might want to have their journal tie closed.

If you're interested in helping me out, drop me a pm or email, and I will give you an address to send the supplies to. My parents will be visiting next month, so the donations would need to arrive in their hands by April 14th at the latest for them to bring them over to me here. If you'd be willing to spread the word to your stampin' friends, I'd be so appreciative. I'd love to be able to provide everything for the ladies to use without having to ask for a supply fee.

Thanks so much in advance!!
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 05:39 AM   #2  

I suppose I could have explained more above... My husband and I are missionaries with New Tribes Mission in Indonesia. We are finishing up our language study time and transitioning into ministry at a training center for Indonesian missionaries. The conference is for all NTM missionary families in Indonesia, just an annual get-together, since we are spread over several different regions in the country.

Whatever you can send would be great! The journals I can get are about 6"x9" so the paper would need to be at least 7"x10" for the covers. Thanks to those who have already pm'd me!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #3  

btt
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have approx 20 matching sheets of non-SU paper 12in x 12in(actually two different styles so a total of 40 sheets all together. Is that what you are talkng about? Is so, PM me your address! I have lost of different embellishments & stickers that I could donate but I do not have those in multiples. Would you be interested in single items like that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #5  

sounds perfect! pm'd you!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Dina, for the info via p.m. My envelope is ready for the post office tomorrow. I don't have a lot of extra stuff in the motor home (well, not tons of extra, at any rate) but I hope you can use this. A couple of dozen 7.5x10 paper, half a dozen ribbons and a very few misc. embellishments.
I also put DH to work - he used the Cuttlebug to make a fair number of Die cuts - the one the sort of looks like a flower but I think it is called asterisk. Bonus for me - great way to use scraps. Best of luck with your project. You have such a lovely gallery, so I am sure this would be a great workshop. I am hoping you will post photos of the event as well as results!

And thank your parents for helping us all out. BTW - if they need to repack, no problem. Are they going to be helping with the workshop as well?

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

bump!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just had to post this here - also sent a p.m. to dini.
This is unrelated but comes under the "small world" category.
We were visiting a church in Pahrump, NV this morning, with friends. Happened to sit next to a young couple who introduced themselves. We soon learned they are going to Indonesia next week as missionaries. I figure it can't hurt to mention I have been in touch with a gal who is going to do a craft program for missionaries in Indonesia. And they knew her name! Fun to make a connection.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes