Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #121  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, this is rediculous. Ladies, it is what it is. Demos know the rules regarding the release of the mini, yet they continue to let that information out to their own customers. They are then shocked and surprised when their or someone elses customers leak the link.

Then you get the heated thread where demos try to explain the reasons why the link can't be shared, but inevitably it does nothing more than infuriate customers who feel demos are "holding out" on them.

Customers get upset at what they perceive as "clandestine" operations and gloating, smugness, what have you from demos. Demos get upset by the "gotta right to know" mentality.

Point is, it's a catalog. This happens EVERY RELEASE. It is what it is. It isn't going to change unless/until SU changes the way they encode the pdf file and it's representative link.

So I highly suggest everyone take a breather and just chillax. You aren't going to change anything by arguing. It's out there. No amount of explaining why it shouldn't be is going to change it. The only thing it is accomplishing is alienating the customer base and turning them off SU.

Let it go... it's not worth it...

trust me, I KNOW from experience...

just let it go.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #122  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link! I have saved it on my computer for future viewing.

I made a list and so far...I need to rob a bank.

$188.60 for the total for the stuff I want. 8 things.

Bloomin Beauiful is awesome!!
Carousel notes

Afternoon Tea.
Time for you

Just Celebrate

She's all that

Sassy Suzie

&

For Father...This is a super set for Guys and young men....

I might have to break this done a bit..And re-think it again?

It's great looking mini!!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #123  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlaleiView Post
I think the gloating party that surrounds all of the mini releases is absolutely hysterical. I mean, is your self esteem so low that you feel better about yourself because you get to see a craft catalog a few weeks sooner than others? *laugh* Geez.............

And people who get all huffy and report other demos for posting links crack me up even further. Get a job with the police force if you need to lay down the law that much!
My comment earlier in this thread about how great the mini is was hardly gloating or making myself feel better. If you read the original post she wanted to know when it was coming out and many of us answered that question and/or expressed our excitement. I think your comment (of course, you can have your opinion) is making an unfair generalization (that's my opinion).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #124  
Kookie Creator

Thanks -- I will be saving money for the March 1st availability (doesn't mean that I won't spend money until then)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #125  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holicView Post
Actually she is a demo...we have a thread going on the 'other side' regarding this and she gave some very valid reasons for posting the link at Stamp Shack.
oh, thanks~ now I see that. I stopped reading that thread before she answered up to it.

Oh well~ I am off to try and see what I can and can't afford!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3boysstampin'View Post
My comment earlier in this thread about how great the mini is was hardly gloating or making myself feel better. If you read the original post she wanted to know when it was coming out and many of us answered that question and/or expressed our excitement. I think your comment (of course, you can have your opinion) is making an unfair generalization (that's my opinion).

ITA w/you Sheryl and tried to explain the same sentiment earlier in the thread. I was defending the demos that had posted their excitment and hints ... I knew it wasn't gloating or being "smug". Unfortunately, it is the skewed view of some people and nothing you or I say will change it. It's sad ... and it's what really bothers me about these threads - the demo bashing that always ensues.:( You truly can't win for losing ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #127  
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimomView Post
Thanks !! My demo did share this with us last week--but after awhile, you kinda forget what was in it. I don't think seeing it ahead of time really hurts--it just makes you want more---( gives you time to decide what food you really don't need at the food store and save that money for stamps etc !!!).
Thanks again for sharing with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #128  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
Ok, this is rediculous. Ladies, it is what it is. Demos know the rules regarding the release of the mini, yet they continue to let that information out to their own customers. They are then shocked and surprised when their or someone elses customers leak the link.

Then you get the heated thread where demos try to explain the reasons why the link can't be shared, but inevitably it does nothing more than infuriate customers who feel demos are "holding out" on them.

Customers get upset at what they perceive as "clandestine" operations and gloating, smugness, what have you from demos. Demos get upset by the "gotta right to know" mentality.

Point is, it's a catalog. This happens EVERY RELEASE. It is what it is. It isn't going to change unless/until SU changes the way they encode the pdf file and it's representative link.

So I highly suggest everyone take a breather and just chillax. You aren't going to change anything by arguing. It's out there. No amount of explaining why it shouldn't be is going to change it. The only thing it is accomplishing is alienating the customer base and turning them off SU.

Let it go... it's not worth it...

trust me, I KNOW from experience...

just let it go.....
Thanks cknODaC - well said
Can I hear an AMEN!!!!!!

Last edited by Pinky66; 01-22-2008 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #129  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Thanks for the link! I have saved it on my computer for future viewing.

I made a list and so far...I need to rob a bank.
$188.60 for the total for the stuff I want. 8 things.

Bloomin Beauiful is awesome!!
Carousel notes
Afternoon Tea.
Time for you
Just Celebrate
She's all that
Sassy Suzie
&
For Father...This is a super set for Guys and young men....

I might have to break this done a bit..And re-think it again?

It's great looking mini!!!
Whoa! She's a TAC demo and still wants to order all that SU stuff! :p

maybe we should report her to tac hq.... bwahahahaha

Kathy
robt

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:33 AM   #130  
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

Quote:

And what in the world makes you think that what I posted was directed personally and only to you?

I DID read the OP and I know what she asked. I also know that threads evolve and further discussions take place. This isn't my first night on the ranch, sister.

And thank you for allowing me to have my own opinion. Now I can go on living my life........ :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #131  
Matboard Maniac

thank you, ikimom!!!

wow!! i love the new Spring Mini!! way better than SAB in my honest opinion! Now i have to hold back and save more for Spring Mini stuff. So far, I love love Afternoon Tea DSP, Summer Picnic DSP, Just Celebrate, Live Your Dream, Time For You, Tart and Tangy and A Perfect Day Rub Ons sets. I am not crazy about the rest.

Thank You!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #132  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

"Gloat: To feel or express great pleasure or self-satisfaction"

It's my reaction to the comments that some demos put on threads like these, i.e.:
Ah, the perks of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!� ... �there's a lot of goodies in the Occasions Mini� ... "We got a copy at Leadership and I can confirm that it is awesome!� ... �it's awesome!!!!� ... �Lots of great stuff.� ... "the paper is yummy and there is a stamp set or two that has completely broken the mold for SU! Really, really edgy." ... "Fun isn't the right word.....I would say expensive!! As in I'm gonna be broke!!! I love so much in their I don't know where to start!!!�
Comments like that come across to me as snobbish or teasing as in "I can see it and oh, it's fabulous, but I'm not sharing". It would be better if they made no comment about what's in the mini if they don't want people to know. Perhaps that is not their intention, but I'm probably not the only one who feels that way about the above comments. Sorry if they find my comment offensive, but I hope it helps them see another viewpoint.

AlternateReality is right about the marketing ploy of allowing leaks to get a feel for public reaction to an upcoming release. The sooner they know how it is received will help them in the planning stages of future minis and trends. Why is there open access to the mini, which is supposedly on the demo-only portion of the SU website, yet no other demo-only pages can be linked? Of course they don't want to upset demos and so they say one thing while allowing it to happen anyway.

As far as affecting customer's purchases for February, I don't get it. If they have money to burn, they'll buy the stuff from the current catalog anyway, plus stuff from any minis they want. If they are on a limited budget, they are only going to spend so much and the demo will not be getting more from them, it just might be delayed a month. A limited budget customer who doesn't see the mini ahead of time and purchases in February, won't have money for later. People will spend what they can afford (um, except for those who max out their credit :rolleyes: ), so I don't see how looking ahead will change their spending that much.

Ok, don't really want to argue this point further. Let's all have fun looking at the new stuff and adding to our wish lists so we can budget responsibly.

Kathy
You took the words right out of my mouth!!!! This is what I was trying to explain on the demo side but couldn't quite find the right words. Business Demos seem to forget that customers on a budget need to make wise choices on what they spend their money on. Not make an order for February and than found out there is a mini that they liked better and they can't afford it. Giving them the scoop early gives those customers a chance to maybe save some money for something they really can't live without! As far as the gloating part I am not going to accuse anyone of anything. I can say that as a demo I hold nothing secret from my customers in fear that my sales will be lower that month. I feel like my customers are just like me. They are crafters and want to get excited about the newest and greatest out in the market (or soon to be) So why not share everything I know. This is my opinion and I hope no one will flame me for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I typed some long thing that didn't really make sense

Ok here you go with my short comments:

I, as a customer, was happy to see the leak. I enjoyed seeing new products.

I also respect demo's wanting to keep it unleaked. I think all the demo's on thread sorta had the feeling of, "Oh well, it's out there, but isn't it cute" Not so much, "Oh my heck, GET HER!!! SHE LEAKED" So they didn't want it leaked, wish it was leak proof, but now that we can see it they want us to love it. That's a pretty friendly response. And to all the demo's who DIDN'T leak, I respect your integrady. (crap, how do you spell that?) To whoever did leak, well I already said I enjoy seeing it! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 AM   #134  
Polyshrink Goddess

On the customer side I don't see this as customers bashing the demos, it sounds like demos bashing the demos. From working on computers I think SU could encrypt the minis so that people could not put up a link but as said previously they choose not to.

Does this change my spending for what my demo will receive, no. We don't have club during Salebration, so I don't buy unless there is a celebration set that I can't live without. Otherwise I don't buy again until April when Club resumes.

All in all it is fun to look at and I enjoy it. So thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 AM   #135  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
And to all the demo's who DIDN'T leak, I respect your integrady. (crap, how do you spell that?) To whoever did leak, well I already said I enjoy seeing it! ;)
Integrity, silly goose. :-)

I know that this thread is close to turning into a demo v customer thread (like so many do) but rather than bash a demo for not sharing or bash a poster for sharing, everyone should remember that SU has the technology to protect their publications. Many people in this thread have mentioned that. This isn't about customers or demos but about SU not protecting their pubs. If they don't care enough to protect it, then they obviously don't mind too much that it is leaked.

And for those of you who are suspicious of demo bashing, I have been on both sides. I see both sides and respect both sides. I am just one of those recently-resigned demos who think the secrecy is silly. That shouldn't be seen as a bash against SU though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #136  
Stazon Splitcoast

Demos were bashed for being excited about the new catalog ... and expressing that excitement. THAT is what I find so upsetting. Apparently demos should not comment at all on anything new from SU! or they risk being accused of gloating and/or being smug. I think that stinks.

And I personally don't give a rat's patootie about the thing getting leaked. I'm a hobby demo ... doesn't affect me one way or the other. But I personally would not have leaked it, I signed a contract saying I wouldn't so I don't. I don't think that makes me a jerk. I also don't think I would be a jerk for saying "Ya'll will LOVE the new mini - there are cool rubons and some adorable new stamp sets, etc..". I think that makes me a HUMAN BEING and a human being who loves to stamp and loves to share exciting news with other human beings.

And for the record, I am not aware of ANYBODY "turning in" anybody else. We are actually a rather likeable bunch, us demos and we really like each other too. I feel quite certain that whoever originally "leaked" the mini catalog did NOT do it with malicious intent or ill will ... I think you'd be HARD pressed to find a single demo who thought differently. And you are ALL correct ... SU! clearly doesn't care ... or the WOULD secure the information. It could be done quite easily. So blaming one demo for a "leak" is just pointless and NOBODY is doing that.

And while I'm at it ... there are several posts on this thread that come across as being very spiteful towards SU Demos. The overall impression I got ... not that it matters much ... is that the link was shared more out of spitefulness than anything else. Apparently it was shared in order to break up the PERCEIVED "gloating party". That's nice ...

Why is everybody being so mean about a little 25 page or so catalog of stamps and stuff? :confused:

Go ahead and flame me ... but I had to get all that off my chest. I've seen this behavior for years and years and I guess I've finally just had my fill.

Flame Retardant Panties ON.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #137  

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamperView Post
Why is everybody being so mean about a little 25 page or so catalog of stamps and stuff? :confused:
But why are some so secretive about a little catalog?

TJ, I like you but I think that you and I have different perceptions. I don't think you are a bad person at all, quite the opposite really.

I'm not a person who would say something like "y'all are gonna love....." to a group of people who don't have access to something unless I was planning on giving them immediate access. I just don't think it's considerate. TO ME, that comes across with a flavor of nah nah nah nah boo boo. I'm someone who would say "hey, come over here and check out these new ribbons."

When I was a demo, I didn't care at all about the leak. I never leaked it but it just wasn't a big deal to me. Like you, I was simply a hobby demo so it didn't affect my bottom line. That being said, when I was a demo, I limited my "excitment" sharing to the demo side where everyone had the same level of access that I did.

I don't think ikimom shared it to BREAK up the gloating party but rather in spite of it. I think she would have shared it regardless of any perceived gloating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #138  
Stampin' Fool

Default su mini

Hey TJ Stamper - is there a template for those flame retardent panties? I think I saw a template for panties, but it wouldn't provide much protection! But that's a whole other thread! *snort*

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #139  
Mad Swapper

[QUOTE=TJStamper;8476036]Demos were bashed for being excited about the new catalog ... and expressing that excitement. THAT is what I find so upsetting. Apparently demos should not comment at all on anything new from SU! or they risk being accused of gloating and/or being smug. I think that stinks.

I think one thing that we all need to keep in mind when you communicate on an internet forum people can interpret a persons "tone" in different ways and I can totally see how some of the Demo posts may have come across as gloating to some people, even though the poster didn't mean it to come across that way.

That being said, I love the new mini and can't wait to get some new goodies from it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #140  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Whoa! She's a TAC demo and still wants to order all that SU stuff! :p

maybe we should report her to tac hq.... bwahahahaha

Kathy
robt

Kathy, I just LOVE Good Stamps and Supplies!!! From both TAC and SU!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #141  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

And what in the world makes you think that what I posted was directed personally and only to you?

I DID read the OP and I know what she asked. I also know that threads evolve and further discussions take place. This isn't my first night on the ranch, sister.

And thank you for allowing me to have my own opinion. Now I can go on living my life........ :rolleyes:
Wow! Never did I expect this type of response, but let me respond back.

No, I knew you weren't personally directing your response to me and only me, but I can only speak for myself. So I did.

Yes, threads do evolve. That's the point. When I (and other demos) were expressing our excitement, it was BEFORE any of the "leaking" issues were discussed.

I know you don't need my permission to have your own opinion. I was merely respectfully acknowledging that you may disagree with me, and I with you.

That's all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #142  

Quote:

Wow! Never did I expect this type of response, but let me respond back.
I'm always about the unexpected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #143  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Integrity, silly goose. :-)

I know that this thread is close to turning into a demo v customer thread (like so many do) but rather than bash a demo for not sharing or bash a poster for sharing, everyone should remember that SU has the technology to protect their publications. Many people in this thread have mentioned that. This isn't about customers or demos but about SU not protecting their pubs. If they don't care enough to protect it, then they obviously don't mind too much that it is leaked.

And for those of you who are suspicious of demo bashing, I have been on both sides. I see both sides and respect both sides. I am just one of those recently-resigned demos who think the secrecy is silly. That shouldn't be seen as a bash against SU though.

Just cuz I can't spell is doesn't mean I can HAVE it right?

Anyhow this discussion isn't going anywhere I want to go with it.

Thanks to all you SU demos I know you all work hard and take your stuff seriously.

A special thank you to MY demo (you knows who you are) who is the best one! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #144  
Glitter Guru

NOT REALLY TOO IMPRESSED WITH THIS ONE. Which is good I can buy what I need from the big caddy before I stop all together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #145  
Glitter Guru

I don't understand why some ladies make such a fuss about showing a new mini. All we want to do is look at it. how is that hurting anyone. you can't hurt anyone by looking at something. So I can never understand why some ladies get so upset demo or not. we can't buy anything until later anyway. so as far as I'm concern it can't hurt to look.

As someone mentioned abouv she is a hobby demo and it does not effect her sales by showing it. If anything, I would think by knowing what's coming up ahead of time people have more time to save up for the things they want . So therefore will SPEND MORE if they know well in advance. How can this possibly hurt a demo's sales.

It's helping your sales demo's by showing it to your customers ahead of time. I am a customer, and once I see something in a mini if theres too many things I like in it and it's only 3 months to buy from the catalog. then it just gives me more time to save up for them.

Other wise by us not seeing the catalogs. we have a huge list of our likes that has to be cut in half. and cut down because we didn't know in advance and didn't have more time to save up for the sets we would have liked to get.

Last edited by Lisa62; 01-23-2008 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #146  

Quote:

Girl, I know all about your integrity. Please, you know I love ya.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #147  
Pearl-ExPert

Information is power, no matter where the information comes from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #148  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Anyhow this discussion isn't going anywhere I want to go with it.

Thanks to all you SU demos I know you all work hard and take your stuff seriously.

A special thank you to MY demo (you knows who you are) who is the best one! ;)
OMG, Erin!!!!!!!!!!!
Is your siggy line new?? Cause I say that all the time to people and they dont beleive it!
We call our poochy "frito feet'...hehe

**sorry for the interruption**
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #149  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
OMG, Erin!!!!!!!!!!!
Is your siggy line new?? Cause I say that all the time to people and they dont beleive it!
We call our poochy "frito feet'...hehe

**sorry for the interruption**
been a few weeks now. Apparently it is MOST dogs not ALL dogs, but still it's amazing and I think everyone should know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #150  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I feel quite certain that whoever originally "leaked" the mini catalog did NOT do it with malicious intent or ill will ... I think you'd be HARD pressed to find a single demo who thought differently. And you are ALL correct ... SU! clearly doesn't care ... or the WOULD secure the information. It could be done quite easily. So blaming one demo for a "leak" is just pointless and NOBODY is doing that.

And while I'm at it ... there are several posts on this thread that come across as being very spiteful towards SU Demos. The overall impression I got ... not that it matters much ... is that the link was shared more out of spitefulness than anything else. Apparently it was shared in order to break up the PERCEIVED "gloating party". That's nice ...

I don't understand how in the one paragraph it says that you don't think that it was leaked maliciously and then in the next you say that it was leaked out of spitefulness?

I also don't get how this post and some others seem to have make this thread out to be customers vs demos. For the most part I don't know who is a demo and who is a customer, so how could it be one against the other? Maybe it you're a demo it's clearer because you have a whole other part of this website you can access, but for the average customer...well I'm scratching my head?

And if I can speak as a customer (which I am) - I don't think any of my comments were mean (nor were any of the ones from other people I know on here). Obviously there must be an undercurrent going on here that the average customer isn't seeing - because I don't get this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

You've misunderstood me and I haven't the time, patience or desire to further explain myself. Read the thread from beginning to end and you might understand, if you still don't then any explanation I offer will fall on deaf ears anyway.

It doesn't matter ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #152  
Pearl-ExPert

My prediction: This thread will close. Soon. Hopefully.

Unsubscribing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #153  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

All dog's feet smell like Fritos. I know you don't believe me, go check... See, I told you so. No? Check the nose.
What the HECK!??!?! Dadgum it! Now you started me chasing my stupid pooch around the house to sniff her friggin' FEET! She thought I wanted to play with her and all I wanted to do was catch her stupid butt to SNIFF HER FEET! What HAVE you started here? Sheesh! Now my 12yo DD is on the phone to all her friends and we're gonna have a massive Orange County, CA DOGGIE FEET SNIFFING PARTY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's true... my dog's feet totally smell like Fritos ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

MeShellaBella, so they DO smell like fritos right?

Also watch how much you think about this if you love Fritos, when this truth came into my life many years ago it pretty much ruined the snack for me.

I believe this occurs because their sweat glands are in the toes and sweat is salty so it sorta sticks in there with the salty smell.

If they didn't sweat I imagine their toes would just smell like corn? *the other ingredient in Fritos*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #156  
Stampin' Fool

Erin, Erin, Erin!

I could have TOTALLY lived without thinking about WHY they smell like Fritos, but....uh, thanks for the info? Hee, hee! I don't eat a whole lot of chips, but I DO really like Fritos. I was a Marine Corps Sergeant and had to eat some REALLY funky crap, so eating "Doggy Feet Chips" ain't nuttin' but a thing for me! Hee, hee!

And, YES.....they DO smell like Fritos! My little Sheltie was laughing on the inside I'm sure, with her Mommy's face shoved into her paws sniffin' up a storm! (She's just thinking about what she MAY have stepped in earlier!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #157  
Crimping Master

Quote:

You've misunderstood me and I haven't the time, patience or desire to further explain myself. Read the thread from beginning to end and you might understand, if you still don't then any explanation I offer will fall on deaf ears anyway.

It doesn't matter ...
I have been reading from the beginning -

nothing has fallen on deaf ears -

I am sorry if you feel I've misunderstood you -

...and I get the feeling that what I think or feel doesn't matter? (and I have a feeling that I'm not the only one)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #158  
Stazon Splitcoast

The "it doesn't matter" meant MY point of view... not yours. My post before this one was curt and not typical for me. I should not have posted... I was just dealt some unsettling news and this whole issue became kind of inconsequential to me. But people and their feelings are NEVER inconsequential to me.

My apologies for hurting anybody's feeling or for making anybody feel unimportant with my crass post.

Being rude or making anybody feel bad is so far from who I am ... I was a bit torn out of my frame (due to something else) and took it out on this thread. Poor judgement on my part.

So nevermind me ...

I stated previously how I feel and I don't think I can re-hash it anymore. It's not important (how I feel, not you or anybody else) and I'm over it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #159  
Crimping Master

Quote:

The "it doesn't matter" meant MY point of view... not yours. My post before this one was curt and not typical for me. I should not have posted... I was just dealt some unsettling news and this whole issue became kind of inconsequential to me. But people and their feelings are NEVER inconsequential to me.

My apologies for hurting anybody's feeling or for making anybody feel unimportant with my crass post.

Being rude or making anybody feel bad is so far from who I am ... I was a bit torn out of my frame (due to something else) and took it out on this thread. Poor judgement on my part.

So nevermind me ...

I stated previously how I feel and I don't think I can re-hash it anymore. It's not important (how I feel, not you or anybody else) and I'm over it.
Thanks for clarifying - and I'm sorry for the unsettling news you are dealing with.

I may not understand the undercurrent of what is going on here (but I don't really need to - just really hope that this hasn't created a rift between people and there being sides between demos and customers - that just doesn't seem right - and doesn't go with my brief experience of this site.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #160  
Polyshrink Goddess

All I'm going to say is this:

I'm so happy the Hodgepodge Hardware is available in silver!
~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes