Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   New SU Catty (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/new-su-catty-249219/)

ClaudiafromGermany 05-15-2007 09:12 AM

New SU Catty

is anybody of you NOT in a stamp club - so you do not get the new catty for free?

how are you going to get your hands on one?

iam probably not commiting to a new club since my demo only offers a 6 month stamp camp which gives me only the opportunity to earn a Level 1 hostess set. he! i will have anyways one order at least myself to earn Level 1.

she said she is splitting the club in two halfs so every lady (11 of us) have the chance to get a Level 1.

however...iam wondering were to get my catty from, for a decent price?

if i place an order in june for 150 dollar do i recieve the cataloge for free from SU or at least cheaper than 10$?

thank you
claudia

deb_loves_stamping 05-15-2007 09:23 AM

Claudia, I buy one from my demo ... and then if I join the stamping club, I will get a credit towards my order for the cost of the catalogue, when it is my turn to be hostess. This year I didnt join the stamping club, but I placed a $225.00 order (I'm in Canada) and earned a level 1, $20.00 in free merchandise and a $10.00 credit for the catalogue I purchased. I'm not sure how you would go about getting one cheaper than the going rate ... if you figure that out, let me know!

Jenmouer 05-15-2007 09:27 AM

Ask your demo...every demo is different - some sell the cattys for a reduced price to thier customers, some give them to customers who spend a lot of money with them...Catalogs do cost demos $$ so some demos simply can't afford to give away catalogs for free without any gaurentee if someone will place an order or not.

Personally I would rather sell my catalogs at a discounted price - at least enough to cover my cost and the cost to mail mini & preview cattys and get them in the hands of my customers.

If I were you I would ask your demo - if you placed a hostess order ($150+)with yourself as hostess you should receive a free Idea Book and Catalog.

Mom2Men 05-15-2007 09:27 AM

I've always just purchased one as well. Would love to get a discounted one though.

dgarlets 05-15-2007 09:28 AM

You should ask your demo how much she charges for the catalog; she is the one you should get it from. The price on the back is $9.95; however some demos charge less. Personally, I give a free catalog to anyone who orders $100 or more. $150 gets them hostess benefits as well. My clubs are going to 6 months as well, simply because we will have 2 six-month catalogs!
Hope this helps,
Diane
Athens, MI

Oscar T. Grouch 05-15-2007 09:28 AM

I am in a club but still have to pay for the catty. No free ones here.

Jenmouer 05-15-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar T. Grouch

Ummm if you are in a club where everyone takes turn hostessing a month you should get a FREE catty - or at least something in place ($X free products, a stamp pad, etc...) of the Free catty...

I charge my customers $6 if they want to pre-order the catty but it comes with a coupon for $6 in free SU products if they place a personal order of $150 or if they hold a qualifiing workshop - so in effect if they become a hostess the catty is "Free"

but demos are required to provide a catalog FREE when you are a hostess - it is one of the benefits of being a hostess

Oscar T. Grouch 05-15-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
Ummm if you are in a club where everyone takes turn hostessing a month you should get a FREE catty - or at least something in place ($X free products, a stamp pad, etc...) of the Free catty...

I charge my customers $6 if they want to pre-order the catty but it comes with a coupon for $6 in free SU products if they place a personal order of $150 or if they hold a qualifiing workshop - so in effect if they become a hostess the catty is "Free"

but demos are required to provide a catalog FREE when you are a hostess - it is one of the benefits of being a hostess

Interesting..............................

tara1601 05-15-2007 09:56 AM

wont we be able to just veiw it online? i guess i rather do that then have another catty sitting around..

redapron 05-15-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaudiafromGermany
if i place an order in june for 150 dollar do i recieve the cataloge for free from SU or at least cheaper than 10$?
claudia

Hi

Just wanted to clarify. The catalogs do not come directly from Stampin' Up!. Demonstrators purchase them to sell or give to customers/hostesses.

Technically if you placed an order of $150 in June, you would be entitled to a 2006-2007 Idea Book and Catalog. Some demos may substitute something equivelent if you already have one. Or some demos may provide you with a 2007 Fall/Winter as a perk.

Each demo can run her business as she wishes. However as a hostess you would be entitled to a catalog provided from the demo.

Personally, I will be offering my customers pre-order/pre-paid catalogs at $5 prior to 6/15. After that they will be the price listed on the catalog.

Check around - you might find a demo that you feel more comfortable with.

STAMPINGODDESS 05-15-2007 09:58 AM

Claudia:

There are many ways to see the new catalog once it's released....

1. You can buy one. Assuming that their prices does not increase it's $9.95, though some demonstrators will discount this price.

2. You view it online for free

3. You can host a workshop and receive it for free.

Erin K 05-15-2007 09:59 AM

I trade free catalogs with my SU demo because I'm a TAC demo and then we just call it even.

Other than that I've always paid for one, but I'm not in a club or anything. I did have one big order last year but what would I do with another catalog? So I didn't bring it up and it was no big deal.

LuckyGirl 05-15-2007 10:26 AM

My demo is really good. Usually if I go to one of her events, I get my class fee back if my order reaches a certain amount, which it usually does. Therefore, if I have to drop $10 on a catty this year, I'm not that upset about it.

For the last two years, I lucked out and got it for free- but I don't know if I'm going to have the scratch for a $150 order just as the new catty comes out. We'll see!

:)

Skittl1321 05-15-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer

Some demos do not give free catalogs to their club members- even though the demo gives them the hostess benefits on a certain month, they aren't doing the duties of a hostess- inviting people, letting the demo use their house, etc.

I only place "hostess orders" but have never hosted a party. I've never expected to recieve a catalog as part of this order. One demo has given it to me anyway, two others have not.

momis mama 05-15-2007 10:51 AM

i love love love having a catalog to thumb thru ALL THE TIME!!!
i get mine for $5 from my demo! i'm happy with the price.
now with 2 each year i don't know what the prices will be... prolly the same! will have to wait and see!!!

got card club on friday so i'll prolly find something out then.

SmurfBE 05-15-2007 10:56 AM

I give a catalog to all of my customers because I want that book in their hands. ;)

robynstamps 05-15-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar T. Grouch

You are supposed to get a free catalog if you are in a Hostess stamp club. Your demo should honor this.

Robyn

robynstamps 05-15-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Some demos do not give free catalogs to their club members- even though the demo gives them the hostess benefits on a certain month, they aren't doing the duties of a hostess- inviting people, letting the demo use their house, etc.

I only place "hostess orders" but have never hosted a party. I've never expected to recieve a catalog as part of this order. One demo has given it to me anyway, two others have not.

That's true but they really are supposed to. We had this conversation last year and some of us asked the company. We were told that if the conditions of the stamp club were that they were acting as the hostess even for one month they should receive all the Hostess benefits and one of those is receiving a free catalog. :)

I'm no longer a demonstrator so this will be the first year I actually purchase one. I don't mind because they are worth it.

Robyn

robynstamps 05-15-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharlene Wale
I give a catalog to all of my customers because I want that book in their hands. ;)

That's great that you can afford to do that. When I was a career demonstrator for 6 years I only gave free catalogs to my club members, to my hostesses and to those customers who spent a lot of money. Because I was having 15-20 workshops a month I wasn't able to give a catalog to ALL my customers nor was I expected to. We just need to remember that all demonstrators have the choice to do what is in their best interest. Now that I am a customer of some of the top demos I do not expect a free catalog. I'm going to pay for it. :D Doesn't mean I will spend any less.

Robyn

cmayk 05-15-2007 11:24 AM

I'm hoping to host a workshop in July to get a free catty. Now the tricky part is rounding up enough people to come to it!

jeanstamping2 05-15-2007 12:36 PM

I will either Trade with my SU demo or Purchase one from her.

(TAC catty for a SU catty)

Kathy W 05-15-2007 05:47 PM

I purchase my catalog; we don't have a stamp club here. I prefer the catalog to online so that I can see the card examples, plus I prefer reading a "real book" anywhere I want rather than reading online.

wiggydl 05-15-2007 07:34 PM

Just curious -- why not just look on line?? I know it is great to have a catty but if you can't get your hands on one -- couldn't you just check out to new sets and stuff on line?? It's pretty good!!

buttons2 05-16-2007 04:30 AM

My demo is offering a pre-order rate of $5 but it's $5 to ship so I'll have to weigh that; I just like to have one in hand to browse through in years to come which you can't do on line so I'll probably succumb and order one.

Wanda

ClaudiafromGermany 05-16-2007 05:04 AM

i could not be happy just look online!!!! i like to have the book with me when we go up to toronto (5 hour autodrive) or look at it in bed before i go to sleep.

plus i find my things iam looking for faster in the book

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggydl
Just curious -- why not just look on line?? I know it is great to have a catty but if you can't get your hands on one -- couldn't you just check out to new sets and stuff on line?? It's pretty good!!

jenguin 05-16-2007 05:07 AM

Talk to your demo...you never know what she may do for you!
I'm a small hobbyist demo, but I have lots of customers who love the catalogs, though they may not order every month.
This year I'm doing a catalog subscription....so far so good!

nielsonfamily6 05-16-2007 12:27 PM

I am just wondering why you think $10 is a lot to pay for our catalog? I personally think that it is a STEAL considering any magazine would cost $5.95 or more just for a couple of ideas. Ours is filled with 200+ pages of ideas! Just a thought! I think the $10 is totally WORTH it!

Skittl1321 05-16-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nielsonfamily6
I am just wondering why you think $10 is a lot to pay for our catalog? I personally think that it is a STEAL considering any magazine would cost $5.95 or more just for a couple of ideas. Ours is filled with 200+ pages of ideas! Just a thought! I think the $10 is totally WORTH it!

Well, I think those magazines are overpriced too! I've never bought a card magazine because of that.

The catalogs are too expensive, IMO, because it's a selling tool. I would never expect Lands' End to make me pay for a catalog. But now that SU has it online, I won't complain. I COULD look at the stamps without a catalog. I'm personally hoping my demo might trade a catalog for a TAC one.

I charge my exact cost for TAC catalogs plus my exact shipping costs. This year because shipping went up, I had to raise my price (well the total price is actually lower, but it's because the catalog is smaller b/c they are doing two a year so it seems more expensive) so I'm giving free shipping on all orders over $75 for those who pre-order. I HATE charging for catalogs, so figured that was at least a bit of a concession to thank people for getting one. I can't lose money on catalogs, because with all the freebies I give away I barely break even, and if I don't watch it my demoship costs me money!

husbandofastamper 05-16-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nielsonfamily6

Very good point! If you were to buy a rubber stamping idea & sample book in a book store, it would cost about $24.95. The SU catalog is a very good value especialy when you consider that it comes attached to a demonstrator, whos brain is filled with more rubber stamping techniques then dinner ideas. (oh sorry, that's just my wife. sorry dear.)