Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   NEW stuff at Michaels!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/new-stuff-michaels-422432/)

Vina82 02-27-2009 03:51 PM

NEW stuff at Michaels!!

I just popped into my local Michaels store and they have the new slim line paper punches from EK Success (the ones introduced at CHA). They had single image punches for $9.99 & cute border punches for $14.99. I didn't buy any..wanted to get home to research reviews first. They have a nice selection..I'm confused-don't know which one to get! I'm goin' back tomorrow to choose one & use my 40% off coupon. They also had new American Crafts paper packs including Metropolitan..very pretty & other new paper packs from various companies..looks like they're still filling the shelves with new stuff!! It's so exciting to see "new" stuff at Michaels..just wanted to share! Happy shopping everyone!! ;)

nabush 02-27-2009 04:08 PM

I've already bought two of the border punches...the fleur de lis and another curvy one with dots (can't remember name), and I love them! They are so much easier to punch than the Martha Stewart ones (weird that they are made by the same company!)

Vina82 02-27-2009 04:08 PM

Oh, Michaels also had 2 new Sassafras paper packs. Whale of a tale paper pad/kit & Hog Heaven paper pad/kit.

Vina82 02-27-2009 04:10 PM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabush (Post 13264971)
I've already bought two of the border punches...the fleur de lis and another curvy one with dots (can't remember name), and I love them! They are so much easier to punch than the Martha Stewart ones (weird that they are made by the same company!)

Thanks for the personal review! I'm sold! I really want them all..wonder if they'll go on sale Sunday? I have one coupon expiring tomorrw & I must use it wisely!!

dorism6220 02-27-2009 04:10 PM

I noticed that Michaels will now take competitors coupons as well.

Shopping Diva 02-27-2009 04:24 PM

Does anyone have a pic of the punches?

Thanks

chough 02-27-2009 04:44 PM

Border punches at Michael's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82 (Post 13264986)
Thanks for the personal review! I'm sold! I really want them all..wonder if they'll go on sale Sunday? I have one coupon expiring tomorrw & I must use it wisely!!

I, too, bought the fleur de lis and love it! I used my coupon, but have another to use so may go by there tomorrow.

chispirit 02-27-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorism6220 (Post 13264988)
I noticed that Michaels will now take competitors coupons as well.

Yes they will. I used to work for Michaels as an instructor and they take ACmoore and JoAnns as well.

I did go into Michaels today and saw all the nice punches. I would love to buy some but I ordered all the stamps the other day and have to wait a little.

propecia 02-27-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chispirit (Post 13265524)
Yes they will. I used to work for Michaels as an instructor and they take ACmoore and JoAnns as well.

I did go into Michaels today and saw all the nice punches. I would love to buy some but I ordered all the stamps the other day and have to wait a little.

And Hobby Lobby coupons as well!

Boss 02-27-2009 06:01 PM

If you are interested in depth chatter on the new EK Success foldable punches, check out the existing thread on the subject (I would link but don't know how to do that! :oops: )

Lots of people have been getting the bubble border and binder edge punches. The wavy line with pierced holes is also a favorite - I have that one and it's gorgeous! The only one that has been getting a consistent thumbs-down is the large zig-zag border with embossed stitch lines. Apparently the embossed lines are hard to see and they don't like the way it looks. I also picked up the small scallop border with the holes and it is beautiful....very dainty and a nice compliment to SU scallop border punch. :)

Curly Chick 02-27-2009 06:15 PM

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a link to the Michaels flyer and/or a coupon that starts tomorrow (2/28)? I have searched the web and can't find one. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Thanks

Pamela

Boss 02-27-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Chick (Post 13266133)
Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a link to the Michaels flyer and/or a coupon that starts tomorrow (2/28)? I have searched the web and can't find one. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Thanks

Pamela

I saw a link to this on the announcements forum yesterday....again, I don't know how to link, but I'm sure it will be easy to find near the top of the page since it's time for weekend shopping. ;)

kphorse 02-27-2009 06:56 PM

Yes, they are very nice and easy to use even with hand and wrist problems...

Vina82 02-27-2009 06:59 PM

Thank you for sharing! I didn't know that Michaels accepted Joanns coupons too. I still have to decide which ones to buy. Never let a good coupon go to waste!

loxykelly 02-27-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82 (Post 13264848)
I just popped into my local Michaels store and they have the new slim line paper punches from EK Success (the ones introduced at CHA). They had single image punches for $9.99 & cute border punches for $14.99. I didn't buy any..wanted to get home to research reviews first. They have a nice selection..I'm confused-don't know which one to get! I'm goin' back tomorrow to choose one & use my 40% off coupon. They also had new American Crafts paper packs including Metropolitan..very pretty & other new paper packs from various companies..looks like they're still filling the shelves with new stuff!! It's so exciting to see "new" stuff at Michaels..just wanted to share! Happy shopping everyone!! ;)

OMG so funny I picked up 3 punches today. They are so cool!

Curly Chick 02-27-2009 07:03 PM

Just checked it out and the coupon ended today. What I wanted to know was is Copics were on sale this week. Does anyone know?

Pamela