Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2007, 07:02 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile ? for SU coordinators, reps or anyone

Hi, I am entertaining the idea of signing up for SU. What I need to know is anything you ladies could share with me. How much a quarter, how does it all work, ect. Mainly I would be my customer. I spend so much on this. Would you ladies please help?

I know this has been posted before, but don't know how to look for it. So if you would ladies, please help.

Thanks, Pat
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I love being a demo. I have months where i do not have any workshops out of my house. I do a stampcamp everymonth to keep the customers that I do have interested. You charge a small fee for the class. I do $12 or order $25 in product. We make a 3D project and 3 cards at each camp. You will make 20% of all your orders. This also means that you get a 20% discount on anything that you order. It is worth a shot just for that. Hope this helps.
You also earn additional commission after selling so much in a quarter.

Check out my gallery:

gallery:https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=98777
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

How much do you have to sell? Does it include tax and ect.? Do they send you a check or do you just automatically deduct your profit and keep when you send it in? Does it really work out with the shipping charges and taxes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

You have four months to sell like $344.00 or something like that. I am unsure the exact amount. That is in product so before tax and shipping. when you place an order they will deduct the amount from your account and you keep the 20% instantly. They do send your commission by check at the end of the quarter.

Check out my gallery:

gallery:https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=98777
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

You only have to sell $300 a quarter. I am a hobby demo and primarily my own best customer. I do stamp camps to help suppliment, and in two years I have only done 4 workshops, and only because I have been asked to. I prefer the camps and do 5-6 of them a year. What you earn is deducted and you automatically keep it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

My demo does both stamp camps and parties at her house. It is cnvenient for her, because all her stuff is there. Convenient for the customer, no cleaning. If I host a party, I just bring pop and snacks. I love it! It makes parties so easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

this stuff really sells itself. i don't think you will have any troubles meeting the quotas. especially if you buy that much for yourself.

i like the idea of the demo who does all the parties in her own home. so if you forget something for a particular project- it's just in the other room vs. the other side of town!

beside the fact that you will get soooooooo much help and inspiration from this site... just for the asking!

good luck and happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I am a demo and mainly buy for myself anymore. It is $300 per quarter - above that and you get a volume rebate (check/direct deposit). The percentage on the volume rebate will depend on your level/title and how much you've sold for the month. I believe it starts at 3% (might be 4% now, sorry, I don't pay a lot of attention to the percentage). When you sell $300 per quarter, that is based on retail (catalog list cost). So when you are buying $300 for yourself, you are going to be paying for $300 MINUS 20% (you don't pay SU the full amount). HOwever you do pay shipping and handling on the full retail value. Does that help/make sense?
Wherever you are located, you might want to check into meeting with some demos (prospective uplines for you). And see what they have to share/offer. Each demo may run her business slightly different and have opinons to share.
I hope that helps coming from the perspective of another hobby demo!! Feel free to pm if you have more questions!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 316 Likes on 202 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judyw
My demo does both stamp camps and parties at her house. It is cnvenient for her, because all her stuff is there. Convenient for the customer, no cleaning. If I host a party, I just bring pop and snacks. I love it! It makes parties so easy.
Most of my hostess prefer to come to my house for the same reason - and I prefer it because I'm home (so DH isn't wondering where/how I am) and I can wait until tomorrow to clean up if I want to. I rarely forget something for the workshop, but folks are always asking about 'something else' so I can run and fetch it for show & tell.

I guess the last time I did a hostess show at someone's house was July 2006. This works for me - might not work for you... That's the great thing about SU! It's your business, and you can pretty much choose your hours and level of commitment!
Reply With Quote Likes