Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2004, 10:16 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I especially like the idea of a new color group. I buy other brands when I need peach, spring green, true purple, etc . . .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #42  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't know if such a thing is possible, but wouldn't it be cool to have a bleach stamp pad? Maybe the bleach could be in a thicker medium like ink, but not as thick as the bleach pens that are available now. The problem I have with bleaching is it's too watery, sometimes doesn't adhere to the rubber evenly and I either get too much or too little. Hmmmmmm...wonder if SU could get their "invention department" together to work on this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 10:27 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with all of you!!

Craft ink spots
New 6x6 brag books (I need one for august and am holding out to see if they come out with any)
New patterned paper (because I don't have enough :lol: )
firetruck themed stamp?? (I have lots of firehouse picts of my son playing on the firetrucks)
Another "fun" flower theme stamp set like "love without end" that is my favorite and I use it all the time, but need something "new'!!!!!

hmmm... what else... the different shape brads... I too have the "quiet, the kids are finally asleep" and I don't use the thousands of eyelets that I have because I don't want to use the hammer!!!

I hope some of these will be in the catalog!!!! I CAN'T WAIT- this is driving me crazy!!!!- I may have to go to therapy before the catalog comes out!!!!
Jen :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #44  
Gabfest Goddess

too bad we couldn't get the stampin up people to read this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:16 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just going to ask this, Stephanie....has SU ever polled its demos to get ideas for new product? I mean, I know they accept ideas for stamp designs, but it sure seems like, if they had enough input from the field about things like craft ink spots, they would listen...

Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:20 AM   #46  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default new product fantasy

I do think you can call in your suggestions to DS, also there's the web moderator of the SU discussion forum who reads all posts, that person could forward them a long, so I'm sure feedback on that topic is heard year round. There is always someone talking about what they'd like to see in the catty, ong before the new one is about to roll out. We'll see what we get...!
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 AM   #47  
Gabfest Goddess

I was wondering that too.....

Does anyone know???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:36 AM   #48  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,036 Likes on 476 Posts

To the person who said they'd like the brads in all SU colors, You can emboss them in all the Stampin Up powders! You just dab the tip in versamark (use tweezers or a laundry pin to hold them) and put the embossing powder on, heat like normal. Voila, colored brads! Now, if we had embossing powders in all the colors....you'd have them all :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 12:53 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Altho SU! doesn't "poll" it's demonstrators, they do welcome email, written, and telephoned suggestions for products by demonstrators, in addition to stamp set ideas.

I know I try to pass along what my customers say they'd like to see, and I always send 'em my 2 cents worth on what I would like, too!

Of course, they can't possibly fulfill every "wish", but they do pay attention to what the majority of requests are . . . and TRY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 03:52 PM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

A new type of paper cutter! I hate the fiskars cause it doen't cut straight, but I can't demo with anything else .

Also anything metal! I love making memories stuff and if SU sold it I could spend my money there! and ofcourse more paper! and I like the idea of more ink pads!

wife to Michael, Mother to 3 beautiful girls-Jordan, Emery, & Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

I love the idea of watercolor pencils in all 48 colors, unless of course, they come out with more colors, then I'd want the pencils in ALL the colors.

I also wish there were different shapes you could do with the anywhere hole punch. Wouldn't it be great if you could put a star or a heart anywhere on your paper?

I know you'd have to use a hammer sorry...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

I completely agree that a new color family is in order! How fun!! I would just love to see more embellishments so I can support myself and not have to shop all over the internet for the fun stuff! I also agree about the eyelet kit.. I personally still use the Making Memories one because it's the best IMO. Also, a paper sewing machine!! Hmm.. I am sure there is more but that's it for now.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinwithjoleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2004, 10:40 AM   #53  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,036 Likes on 476 Posts

Yippee - I just saw an ad for six NEW Colors of Staz On in the August Creating Keepsakes! Of course, they don't TELL us what they will be, and neither does their website. But I called their 800 number (I'm so impatient!) and found out the date has been moved back. The six new colors will be introduced at their HIA Show in February of 2005, so I guess they won't be in the new catalog after all. They won't tell which colors will be there, but DID say they're experimenting with "lighter colors" this time. I won't complain, my original post for pastel Staz On may come true after all, just not right away :lol: THought you'd like to know!
Debbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #54  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I love all the suggestions on what you all would like to see and totally agree with you. More embelishments should be a must, along with the designer papers in more colors (all 4 and all designs seperately. I have packages of designer papers that I used a few out of and other sheets still both in package. I would also like to see new sports with teenage girls as I have a 13 yr old that loves basketball but the having a ball set goes so high on ebay that it just isn't worth it. I wish last year they would have brought that set back for a month! Well don't have much more time to wait and dream about what will be in the new catty, can hardly wait!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #55  
Crimping Master

*a new additional set of 12 colors for sure
*more solid colored albums in all sizes
*sets of patterned paper with one color plus white or cream like we used to have...but to coordinate with all of our colors
*more Crayon Kids style sets
*Pedal Prints set
*the option to buy UNMOUNTED stamps and offer a velco system of some sort with acrylic blocks
*go back to selling ink spots individually
*large tag punches
*new scrapbooking techniques brochure
* techniques video
* colored envelopes to match our cardstock
* shapes sets to replace the ones we are loosing
* a regional in the New Orleans or MS Gulf Coast area.....we have never had one anywhere near us while other cities/areas have had many!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2004, 08:48 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

I would love to see another equestrian set that is designed for the english style rider. Helmet, tall boots, top hat, whip, saddle, bridle, etc... This is the #1 growing women's sport at the collegiate level and what little girl doesn't loves horses! Would also like to see a dog accessories set that maybe looks like the obedience or agility stuff on tv.
I also hope the alphadots makes it in the new catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 06:30 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

After reading all the speculation of adding a new color group to our catalog.....I had a very vivd dream last night. In the dream, when I received my convention bag, and let out an appropriate squeal, I looked inside and discovered a set of Stampin Spots in all the new colors! It was so real! Trying not to get my hopes up....oh, wait...too late!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 07:03 AM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, I would love a new set of colors! I would love a true purple, and a periwinkle, my favorite color in the whole world. And a yellow a little lighter than more mustard.

I think a snowman set kind of like paper dolls where you could dress the snowman (and a snowlady) for different seasons and occasions. Maybe some snow babies too. Wouldn't that be fun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 07:15 AM   #59  
Mad Swapper

I agree with everyone else's ideas (maybe we can have a 500 page catalog?) LOL! I especially like someone's idea of an additional color family for both inks and paper! I also would love to see MOST (if not all) embellishments available in all SU colors! I also would love to see more sayings both verticle and horizontal with maybe a "Good Luck" or "Have fun" "It's your day"... I'm sure there's more, but when I read these 3 I said "Yeah!" Would also like a Hawaiian set with a palm tree, hula girl, pineapple, coconut, fish, water, waterfall, boat....Just dreamin.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 07:26 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Default SU! Dreamin'

I would particularly like to see a line of textured cardstock (Bazzill-type) in all the SU colors.

Amy J. in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 08:13 AM   #61  
Inking Addict

I would like our catalog to come spiral bound. That would be great! I also agree with the person who suggested dance stamps that are not ballet, cheerleader stamps and I would love to see some really realistic deer stamps (kind of like the "Wolf" ones). I also would like to see some more embellishments, a tag punch, and Staz-on cleaner. Word and definition stamps would really be great also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

Somebody said techniques video... I second that one! I love seeing all the techniques in the gallery and the tutorials that Beate has done are wonderful, but I think I would be less timid in trying a new technique if I could actually see it being done and follow along. I am still so new to all of this that a video would be awesome.
More masculine stamp sets, for sure...
Ink spots sold sep or in sets of one color, esp. black.
Reinkers sold in sets

Sherry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #63  
Glitter Queen

Default What I wish for

I wish that SU would build a regional office on the East coast to speed up deliveries to this side of the world

I wish that SU would offer patterned paper NOT assorted. I don't like to purchase paper I don't want to get what I do want

I wish that the OEX could keep track of everything I order per customer, for easy reference and not so much paper has to be kept

I wish that SU includes more horse stamps since they just let go of the two they have

Other than all this, I'm a happy stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with everyone who wants to see more variety in the sayings stamps -- not every non-holiday card is a "thank you","thinking of you" or "happy birthday", and we do occasionally like to send cards to the men in our lives on days other than birthdays, Father's Day and Valentine's Day.

I'd also like to see some more masculine sets with stylized images, not just the stippled, semi-photo realistic ones (which I'm not too crazy about anyway). One can only give so many Asian-themed cards!

Can you tell I'm still feeling the frustration from trying to come up with a good Father's Day card last week? :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

Default New Product Fantasy

I, too, would like to see more masculine sets and more sentiment sets.

.Keep the Vintage sets coming. All of mine are retiring :(
.More vertical sentiments, some of them more plain than Vertical Greetings, which I love.
.Religious Christmas sets to replace the ones retiring
.Angels, Christmas and other - for the many angel collectors on our lists, including me
.I've had several requests for quilting related stamps in my short time as a demo
.Also, more Get Well and expressions of concern. I use Happy Healing a lot when a cute card is called for and hope there will be a cute replacement for that but also need something other than combining flowers and "thinking of you" for more serious presentations. I send a lot of get well cards as do many of my friends and have to resort to sentiments from other (gasp!) companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

OOOOOOH I like the idea of textured cardstock...that would be sooooo nice! and I would love to see our catty spiral bound too!

wife to Michael, Mother to 3 beautiful girls-Jordan, Emery, & Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

I would like to see a new ocean set, with dolphins, whales, and maybe a saying to go with it.. Also more patterned papers..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2004, 04:11 AM   #68  
Insane Embellisher

I would like to see some new patriotic stamps. (Wouldn't that help us out for our cards to the troops?! )

I would love to see more of the simple sayings. I love the horizontal layout of these stamps they are so easy to use on cards.

I would love to see new verse sets come out.

I don't have an easter set and was never really drawn to any of the ones in the catty so it would be fun to see a new one of those.

And there's already a post about some new colors. I think that would be amazing. I love the bold brights, but they really live up to their name, they are bold and bright! It would be great to see some of those colors softened up a little. For example the reds are fantastic-you have a bright real red but then softer ruby red and rose red-don't seem that different to an untrained eye but there is a world of difference! I would love to see a blue that isn't as bold as the brilliant blue, just softened up a bit. And I would love to see a tangerine color. I could go on and on. After I saw that post about new colors I've been dreaming up ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #69  
Mad Swapper

I love SU ribbon, however, I would love to see a 10 or 12 foot option rather than the 25! Just an idea I thought up while rolling up my extra ribbon from a swap I joined. LOL.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 12:24 AM   #70  
Crimping Master

I am suprised no one has mentioned the Carl Cutter!!
I am in love with a fellow demo's Carl Cutter and I haven't even used it. I want one bad. Anyone here even use these?

My wish list would include:
-Carl Cutter
-Brads in colors and shapes
-Microbeads
-Staz-on ink cleaner
-Craft ink spots is a good one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 01:56 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Wish list

I'd like to see some textured cardstock and some other specialty papers. Metalics, etc....

SU colored tissue papers.

How about a Krylon copper pen while we are at it?

Embossing gel pens.

Webbing in more colors to coordinate with the SU colors.

Wire Works tool set.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, what a great topic. I love all of the ideas.

I agree with the more colors.

I would like to see a set of a varitey of bears (cute but not cartoony). I collect Pandas, my stampin Sister- in- law likes Koalas etc. It would be nice to have a bear set.

As for sports my guys are wrestlers and it is impossible to find wrestling stamps.

I would love more sayings and verses too.

In time I'm sure all of our wishes will come true. Some may be in this catty some in ones to come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 12:16 PM   #73  
Glitter Guru

Someone else mentioned it but I would love it if they had a Greek Alphabet - also maybe some Sorority and Fraternity related stamp sets...

I am involved in my sorority alumnae chapter and advise a chapter at a local college and would love to make cards for them to give as thank yous - I just found greek letter stamps by the letter - it cost me $12 for 2 letters and while they are OK no where near the quality of SU....

They used to sell the spots separately??? I would love that - I mainly use bold bright and earth elements but love a few colors from the other families - not enough to buy the entire spot family...

And craft spots - if they would sell those individually I would be all over that...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #74  
Cupcake Queen

Default MY Dreams . . .

I would LOVE to see Watercolor pencils in all of the 48 SU colors . . .
and I would like more DD sets, that have words in them included with them! It makes it so easy to make adorable cards and stuff . . .

Oh, and also, I would like new shape edged scissors, and . . .

Okay, that is all for now . . .

Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 01:53 PM   #75  
Cardstock Collector

A set of really large greetings that you could use inside cards.

Craft spots.

Ink refills in sets (buy all 12 in a color family at one time).

Musical stamp set with a guitar, music note...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

More "words by Wanda" from the summer mini last year, and more sayings from her

I agree with the European thing - Paris is lovely, but what about London, Rome, Venice, Madrid, Prague, Athens

How about accessories in the Hostess sets? Yes, I know they can get those free, but ...

And also I'd love to be able to buy some of the hostess sets (especially in the Mini catalogs) because if we could pre-purchase them, we could have our set samples ready and help boost sales as our Hostesses encourage their friends to help them achieve the next level.

Cate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

I tried to read through most of the posts and hopefully I'm not duplicating.

*little idea cards with more examples for stamp set or by groupings (not that we don't get a lot of wonderful ones here - I just like more step by step instructions!)

* a magazine similar to what the demos receive that would give us help and ideas at home

* more dragonflies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2004, 07:15 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hammering eyelets at night...

" I too have the "quiet, the kids are finally asleep" and I don't use the thousands of eyelets that I have because I don't want to use the hammer!!!"

Sometimes I use the 1/8" hole punch to set my eyelets....takes some muscle, but it sure beats a wide awake kid in the middle of the night! LOL
I agree with alot of your guy's ideas by the way!! I'd like to see a set with hats, for the Red Hat Society. I get alot of requests for Red Hat cards.

Man, I just can't wait for the new catty to come!! :lol:

Marjori

Marjori Miller

Come stamp with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2004, 08:10 AM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

Default New catty supplies

OK..here's my take!

A new NEUTRAL color of craft/dye pad: Ivory/beigh. The caramel is just to dark.

Mica sheets. No so typical for cards but LOTS of fun things to do in SB's.

Slide mounts.

Cotton Twill Ribbon

Others things you can find at the hobby stores but we need to carry just to keep up with the competition: Ciplola and snap style grommets (eyelets that don't have the hole in the middle but instead is covered like a nail). I'm sure there's a realll name for this!

TEXTURED SB paper like Bazzill! That paper rocks! Soooo many uses for it.

A "Grown-up" 6x6 brag book. The ones we have now are cute but not something I'd give to an older person as a heritage book or a wedding gift.

Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2004, 08:27 AM   #80  
Compulsive Stamper

Just a response to those of you who want a spiral bound catty - did you know you can go to a copy place and have them do it? I've done it several times, especially with the Becky Higgins idea books. Cant remember the cost since it has been a while, maybe a couple of dollars. Oh, and get a plastic cover on the top, it keeps everything clean and keeps the cover from getting frayed. Alison
Reply With Quote Likes