Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product Fantasy

I thought this might be fun since we're all on pins and needles about the new SU! catalog that we're expecting in a few weeks....

WHAT NEW STUFF WOULD YOU JUST LOVE TO SEE?

Okay, wave your magic stamping wand and share with us what you'd really enjoy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I'd really like:

More variety in the little scrapbooks.... maybe something in red or green? Maybe one more neutral.

More options with patterned paper and vellums

Big tag-shaped punches

Eyelets in more shapes & colors

A replacement stamp set for girl scouts and boy scouts

A GREEK ALPHABET!

An updated "Business Memos" set. All my poor hostesses have stuff with this on it. Time for a revision!

Dictionary definitions: Five or six words like "friends" or "heart" or "birthday" with their definitions.

...isn't it fun to dream?
KR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Ooh fun! I would like to see some Vertical greetings. Ones that aren't as fussy as Vertical Verses. More 6 x 6 photo albums, eyelets in all Stampin' Up! colors, a sport stamp set more along the lines of Have a Ball with multiple sports in one stamp set that could be used for girls or boys, slide mounts, and I would love to see the buttons in the color families make it into the catalogue. I'm sure there's more but that is all off the top of my head.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 12:53 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I would love:
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 12:55 PM   #5  
    Insane Embellisher

I second that Seaside Sketches.... I would even love to see Sketches from Spring 2003 make it......
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #6  
    Hardware Hotshot

I would love to see another color family of inks ... specifically fruits. Raspberry, kiwi, honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberry red, blackberry, peach, blueberry, cherry, etc.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #7  
    Die Cut Diva

I would love to have:

* the craft pads in 1x1 spot size sold by color family

* more designer series paper

* a new TY greeting set to replace the old one going out

* the copper & brass metal tags (which I'm sure will make it) as well as the buttons (I'm sure those will make it too) - that would be a very good call on SU's part.

* Agree with the others about the eyelets - more shapes & colors

* I would love it if lots of the mini sets made it in - I bought a ton this year.

* A new portfolio series idea book for cards, projects & SB pages

I could probably go on and on, but that is what I came up with for now. Kendra
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 12:59 PM   #8  
    Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I second better sports themes. I wasn't too fond of the ones they had this year. Wish I could of had "Have a Ball".

Definitely stampin spots in craft pads.

More Glitter!!!!

Shaped Buttons

Different Coluzzle shapes

......... I'm sure I'll think of more!

Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 01:04 PM   #9  
    Hardware Hotshot

More adhesive options I love the monoadhesive and hermafix, but options for other projects that need a stronger hold.

More punches

And I forgot what the other thing is that I was hoping for.
    Then again I had a thought in the other direction that they took out all the stuff that you can get at Micheal's Hobby Lobby WalMart etc and add more stamp sets and colors! Just a thought.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #10  
    Gabfest Goddess

lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of scrapbooking paper in every color!

I mean PATTERNED paper!

Remember when they had the plaid paper in all 48 colors......I wish we still had that!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #11  
    Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,036 Likes on 476 Posts

Wow, I think of things all the time that would be **great** in the catalog, but can't seem to think of my list now! :lol: My BIGGEST welcome surprise would be a Karate set!! I'd love to have something to use for my son. Also, Loving Hearts from the Winter Mini would be a huge blessing! I'm hoping that since "Love Ya" retired, it may be the replacement! I'd like to see the embossing powder come back, because I have three of the four so far. And some Staz On in Pastel would completely knock me off my feet. Not much chance of that, though. I'd like to see one change in the OEX: If, when we preorder stamp sets (whether from a new mini or new catalog) we could add supply items to that order instead of paying for two separate shipping orders. THAT would be wonderful! We also need to replace the God Bless, God Bless II and Say It With Scriptures that all retired. What am I going to do if they don't have any scripture in the next one???? I think they will. Of course, if all the mini catalog sets I've purchased this past year make it, I will give a WHOOP so loud, you'll all hear me
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 05:26 PM   #12  
    Total Quack

I'd love to see a karate set to replace a one of the sports sets, too! My son recently got his black belt, so that would be great in my sb supplies. I also really hope for another music set to replace the one that retired - maybe with a piano and other instruments. More eyelet colors and shapes would be great! I'd also love for them to put all the SAB sets in. A bigger pack of paper would be nice ... maybe one with several sheets of all 48 colors at one time.

Ok ... we are dreaming, right?! LOL! :lol:

~*Shell*~
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 05:40 PM   #13  
    Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default new catty stuff

a circle punch for the Alphadots (assuming it makes it in, of course!)

all these cute new coluzzle patterns I've been hearing about!

permanent hermafix

coordinating colored glass beads (yeah, I know they have the buttons now)

postage scissors ( I don't want to show this technique and not have some postage scissors for customers to buy)

maybe mounting tape or microbeads/coordinating sand for shakers???

a really cute cat stamp set that I just can't live without (love cats but don't own any cat stamps)

maybe a wine themed set (maybe I just hang with a bunch of alkies but they all seem to request wine themed cards from me, so far the best options are SRII and Parisian Plaza

before I learned about journal making I would have said more album cover options!!

more spectrum pad combos

a scripture set with a different font--I like the quotes in all the ones they are retiring, the fonts I've just never cared for...

I'm having a hard time thinkning now of all the ideas I usually have for what I wish we carried! :( more later...
    Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
    http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
    Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #14  
    Forum Fanatic

I'd like to see a whole lot more (ummm I'm not sure what to call them...) sayings (e.g. "the best things in life aren't things at all")
    and definitely something to replace I Love Canada - it was the only Canadian set & it's being retired
    less "cute" and more "classic" (I guess that one's hard because everyone has a different definition of cute vs classic)

and a lacrosse set. I have one son who plays baseball & there's tons for that, but haven't seen a single *anything* for lacrosse.

my $.02

~~ today. . . ~~

Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 07:05 PM   #15  
    Die Cut Diva

I would love to see an ocean set. One with dolphins, sharks, whales, etc. Not as detailed as the one that was in last yrs catty that retired. My son is really into this stuff, so it would be nice to have that.

I agree on the sports themed set. My son plays soccer and there is nothing, other than the wheel, that has soccer.

I love the designer vellum, especially the splash/candy. Those patterns in different colors.

More idea books that are less expensive than the current ones.

More embelishments...making memories makes some cute eyelets, brads, etc...SU needs to compete with that.

Craft ink spots. I have yet to buy craft pads other than the white (which I don't like at all).

More verses to stamp inside cards...in different type of fonts.

I could go on and on...but these are the things that came to mind first.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 07:05 PM   #16  
    Die Cut Diva

Default Great Topic

Oh, I agree with all of what you said. I love the variety, and I hope SU continues to keep up with that.

I love gingham! I just can't get enough of it, so I would love a gingham background stamp, b&T paper, ribbon, RIBBON, maybe a set to go along with it a wheel.... enough about gingham.

I've said it before on this website, but I love the Easy Stick adhesive, so if I were dreaming wildly I'd like to see that included.

I'd like to see some more airplane sets, and some more for boys, like skateboards, and bycicles. Like the girlfriends set, but for boys. Also some general man type stuff since they are so hard to make things for.

I love florals, I know we have a ton, but I love them!

I wish they'd bring back the eyelet setter in a nice box.

I especially agree about the idea portfolios. Look how much take ten is going for on ebay! Something along those lines.

Okay, one more, I like Nice and Easy Notes and Feathered Friends, theyare a good place for new stampers to start, I hope they do another one of those, maybe with different styles. I'd buy them all up right away!

Still dreaming...
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 07:14 PM   #17  
    Polyshrink Goddess

Default Just dreamin'

I second the fruit color idea for the classic pads--maybe 12 new colors to expand the line to 60!!! WOW! Wouldn't that be something!

More eyelets in all 48 colors and different sizes and shapes.

Buttons in different sizes and shapes.

Something equivalent to "SCRAPPY GLUE" in the adhesives dept.

I love the idea of a wine themed set.

I wish they would have a European themed set featuring Stone Hinge, London Bridge, Big Ben, Dutch windmills, Neuschwanstein Castle from Bavaria, A Florentine skyline--or even a Venice, Italy themed set! Don't get me wrong, but Paris and France aren't the ONLY beautiful and magnificent places in Europe and worthy of being stamped. I think Germany, Ireland, England, Spain, Italy and the Czech Republic among others, would make absolutely GORGEOUS sets--of course, I'm just dreaming here. Am I alone in this sentiment?

How about a circus themed set--but no scary clowns :shock: ! (No offense to you "Jest between friends" fans )

More variety in cover options for the 6 x 6 scrap books

Perhaps a Mardi Gras themed stamp set . . .

More "saying" stamps--with quotes--both vertical and horizontal with sayings like: "I'm so happy for you"; "Enjoy the little things in life"; "Take time to smell the roses" , "Today was a total waste of make-up" (maybe not those sayings per se, but you get my drift)

color co-ordinated beads, more fibers and mesh options

TONS of designer paper in lots of color options

Another musical instrument themed set

Slide mounts in differents sizes

Hemp in Hot Pink, Kiwi, Orange and Rust colors

The list could go on and on, so I think I'll stop here. I'm anxious to hear what everyone else would like as well.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 07:53 PM   #18  

I love the stampin spot idea for craft pads. That would be a great way to get all the colors quickly.
    I would like to see a fruit set like the DD Vegetable set but with fruit and a sport set like Have a Ball that was retired last year.
    Also microbeads!

Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #19  
    Insane Embellisher

I'd hope for lots more embellishments. I agree with y'all about more eyelets, brads, etc. I'd especially like to see them available individually. For example, I wish I could order one of the fibers in a big enough lot so I could use it for a class without having to buy 3 whole sets. I am really starting to get into the designer papers, so I'd love to see that expand.

As far as stamps, the one area I think SU can really improve in is to offer more word/saying stamps. I have made so many lovely cards with no appropriate saying/quote to put in them....

Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to all the new regular stamps. Must admit I am a tad concerned about the amount of retro stuff which seems to be coming on board. I like it in small amounts, but hope the style doesn't dominate!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #20  
    Polyshrink Goddess

Default Stamp sets I'd buy

I agree with Velstamps_04. I'd love to have some other famous European monuments/ themes...(think the Colosseum in Rome, the Parthenon in Athens, the Leaning Tower of Pisa) and musical instruments to go with my musical score background.
    Can't wait to see all the new stuff!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:09 PM   #21  
    Insane Embellisher

Oh, and I totally agree with the wish for craft stampin' spots. Also love the idea of gingham ribbon!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:13 PM   #22  
    Kookie Creator

Oh, I love to wish! I would like to see more colors added (paper, inks, etc.) in more of the sherbert/fruity colors.
    I would like to see textured paper. I think the more-expensive looking cards use a textured paper.
    I would LOVE to see punches in a wide variety of square and circular sizes, including 3/8', 1/2", 3/4", etc.
    As far as stamp sets, I also would like a Greek alphabet and more "Congratulations," "Way to Go," for school students--cheerleaders, scholastics, etc.
    That's all. Not too much to ask for, is it? Ha!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:27 PM   #23  
    Matboard Maniac

I love all the watercolor garden sets and watercolor mini's as well as the spring garden so I would love to see a new set in that line.

I would also love to see a few more masculine type sets that aren't just sports oriented. Something outdoorsy without involving a sport.

More dog related sets. I have no children but do have a dog I am crazy about and I want more things for his scrapbook pages.

Anyway, it's always so much fun anticipating the new catalogue and what's going to be in it and when it arrives I always look through it at least 30 times in the first few days. I love to mark with post-it's pages that have ideas or sets I like. Ooohhh, I can't wait for the new catalogue!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:41 PM   #24  
    Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OKay...I'll try realy hard to limit mine...it'll be hard to do! ha ha

-Xron Sticker maker...great to use with small punches & for scrapbooking

-more punches!!!!

-DIDO on another color family (fruit & veggie colors would be fun!)

- Lots and Lots more pattern papers!!!!!!!

-More Simply Scrap'n packages

-CRAFT Stampin' Spots <-

-MOre color variety in FIBERS

-More color & shape variety in Deco Fasteners (AKA: Brads)

- A price decrease in the Alphabet sets. MAny craft stores now sell alphabet sets for 1/2 of the SU! cost. But I'm just dreaming ) :

THAT's all folks. Thanks for letting me put in my 2 cents too.

Stampin' the night away (literally)
    Paris
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #25  
    Matboard Maniac

Ohhhhh.... this is what I dream at night:
    Re-inkers in 12 packs
    spots sold individually
    a six-pack of black spots
    Layer-ease that cuts as it "layers"
    Brads in shapes-many, many shapes!
    Some "Gothic" styled stamps
    Self-cleaning stamps? (OK... really dreaming here!!!)

hugs & cardstock,
    Lori
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #26  
    Pearl-ExPert

In that new color family, could we include a new true royal purple? Lovely Lilac just isn't dark enough, and Eggplant Envy is too reddish IMO.

I saw the most gorgeous Christmas Cards done with royal purple, cream & gold embossing.

I've had several requests for Cheerleading sets. And dancing that isn't ballet.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-10-2004, 11:55 PM   #27  
    Rubber Obsessor

I agree I would love craft stampin spots

More artsy stamp sets instead of cutesy, although I did preorder the new sets I just couldnt help myself

More embellishments

New Color selection

Oh at this point I just want the new catalog :shock:
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 12:58 AM   #28  
    Die Cut Diva

I second (or third) the need for something to do with soccer . . . also a set to use for teenage boys or just teenagers in general, on the order of girlfriends, but not so "girlie." Also punches that reach farther . . . maybe the Empunchlar?
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 03:08 AM   #29  
    Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I would like to see the Stampin' Spots and the markers come in the craft ink.

Pastel colored hemp.

Race car stamps (my dad and brothers are all Nascar enthusiasts).

I wish they'd offer the StazOn cleaner in the catalog. I have to get it at AC Moore and also refer all my customers there to get it as well.

An "I Love You" stamp with a different font and graphics than the one we offer right now.

Yvette
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 04:25 AM   #30  
    Matboard Maniac

The main thing I am wanting is craft stampin spots...I would buy them all in a heartbeat!!

More accessories would be soo nice..especially the eyelets. And more colors..very good idea!!

Kelli
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 04:26 AM   #31  
    Kookie Creator

What a fun topic!

I also want to see some 12 x 12 paper, not just patterned paper but our 48 colors in paper so we can have something thinner for scrapbooking.

I may be crazy but I would also like to have our 12 x 12 c/s or paper to measure exactly 12 x 12. What it is 1/8 inch smaller than 12? It drives me nuts when I have to cut them for my 6 x 6 brag pages and it sits too loosely in the page protectors.....

Definately more 6 x 6 books. We can sell tons if they had baby theme brag books!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 05:06 AM   #32  
    Gabfest Goddess

Ditto on the 1" x 1" craft spots - that would be a dream!

As I am not a demo, I'd love to see specialty papers sold by the sheet (so you can decide if you like it or not!!).

More background stamps of all types!

Would love to see some of the great sets from the past years mini cattys make it in too...alphadots, farm fresh...and I'm praying Petal Prints too (although it can still be ordered until the end of August).

Only my 2� worth!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 05:41 AM   #33  
    Polyshrink Goddess

Default Watercolor Pencils!

My great big number one wish is Watercolor pencils in all 48 colors!!! I want lots of other things too but that one is first.........I need more colors!!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 05:53 AM   #34  
    Pearl-ExPert

Gosh, I didn't think I had a big wish list until I read some of the great ideas here! Too bad our wishes can't all come true!

But here's hoping:
    * a deluxe eyelet tool kit (my customers are all buyng the Making Memories one! It's great...I would too if I wasn't a demo)
    * tag punches - thumb lever style
    * shadow stamp shape set - ovals and misc groupings of squares & rectangles
    * watercolor pencils in our 48 colors
    * I like the idea of the Layer Ease that cuts as you go too!
    * something like Making Memories page pebbles - they're neat!
    * I agree with the need for more verse sets and another scripture set
    * a babysitter to watch my kids while I stamp!

I've got to stop reading these new catty threads. It makes the wait seem so much longer!

laura
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 06:12 AM   #35  
    Polyshrink Goddess

I'd like to see something to replace the horse sets that are retiring, and something similar to "Have a Ball" that I wish I had!

Mostly though, I wish for something related to card and dice games. It would be cool to see king, queen, and jack images along with the 4 suits, but it would have to be sized so that one of the alpha and number sets would fit with it!

Stampin spots in craft ink would be awesome too, as many others have mentioned.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 07:35 AM   #36  
    Stampin' Fool

Wine theme stamps..and watercolor pencils in all 48 colors
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #37  
    Pearl-ExPert

I would love mini deco fasteners in all 48 colors. I only have time to stamp at night while my kids are sleeping, so I can't really do eyelets. One bang with the hammer and the kids would all be awake! :(
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #38  
    Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Stampcrazygirl,

I was surprised to hear you don't like the SU! white craft pad? I adore it and use it frequently with great success. Perhaps, if you care to share the problems with it, we can find a solution that will make it a happy pad for you to use?

My new catty wish list:

Craft Ink Spots, available individually

Dye Ink Spots, available individually as opposed to sets

A more mature :shock: (WOMEN style) friendship set (like Girlfriends, but catering to those of us who are definitely beyond our teen years!!! LOL!)

A mermaid in conjunction with undersea/ocean theme set (!)

Large "palette" stamp, like the rectangle from Shape of Things--and a square one, too!

Retro style large background stamp (like the one in Smorgasborders, but will cover the whole card with one inking, instead of repeatedly stamping--OR, a wheel with that pattern would be just as awesome!)

Sports sets that include FEMALE athletes, not just males . . . I have a very athletic 15 yr. old daughter and would love to start a book for her graduation, but drives me NUTS that there are no females in the sport related sets at all!!!!!! :?

VAST selection of the Coluzzle templates in addition to what we already carry--the new ones are AWESOME!!!!!!

Solid Text weight paper in ALL 48 colors, not just a few select from each family . . . :shock:

Greeting set like Mini Mates, but without the graphics--just the words!

Plain vertical greetings

Crikey . . . my list is getting long!
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 09:45 AM   #39  
    Stampin' Fool

I would have to say:

Ink spots ( have most colors now but would rather have color spots than the full size ink pad as I don't use those colors much at all.

More eyelets

Storage bags too like the Navigator etc.

More journaling pens

Larger punches

Maybe some more patterned papers
    Member #3785
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 06-11-2004, 10:07 AM   #40  
    Crimping Master

Default new product fantasty

OK, I'm going to show my age here . . .

I completely and totally agree with EVERYTHING you have all said, first of all.

But wouldn't it be cool to have some really retro (think 50's) sets? Girls in poodle skirts and black and white oxfords with socks, records and record players, soda fountains, couples dancing like the "twist", etc. Wow! That would take me back a couple of years!
    Reply With Quote Likes