Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wedding Favors please help

I am trying to find something nice, unique, reasonable and crafty to make for giveaways for my wedding. My sister got married in October and did tiles and they were beautiful. I have thought about domino magnets, but they really aren't big enough to stamp on because i want to have our names and date on it somewhere and maybe a thank you stamp. I have been searching and nothing is really popping out at me. I don't mind putting time into them. My wedding isn't until June. Please help. Thank you in advance!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

what about xmas ornaments or small clocks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Congratulations on your wedding! I hope you are having fun planning it! Here are a few ideas. We gave ghiradelli chocolate in the stamped envelopes that are on the site somewhere. We decided we love chocolate and so does everyone else. My sister used small picture frames for the place cards and stamped a pretty design on them. We have also seen stamped bookmarks attached to nugget boxes. One couple had a CD for everyone of their favorite songs; you could stamp the cover or the paper insert. We have been to a lot of weddings. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 07:39 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My daughter got married this past December. We made the small 2-4-6-8 boxes and filled them with kisses. We stamped the "just married car" from Greetings Galore and made a tag from it. Then we had a stamp made that had "happily ever after..." on the top line, their names on the middle line, and the date on the bottom line. We closed the top of the box with a stapler and attached a bows we had tied with glue dots. They turned out really cute. I will see if I can figure out how to post a picture of them.

Congratulations & Best Wishes!

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hubby and I did a CD. I made the CD envelopes to match our invites (that I made) and it included some of our fave romantic songs. It was very inexpensive but a big hit, people tell me they still listen to it 2 years later

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrook
My hubby and I did a CD. I made the CD envelopes to match our invites (that I made) and it included some of our fave romantic songs. It was very inexpensive but a big hit, people tell me they still listen to it 2 years later
That's a really cool idea. We did something really inexpensive for my daughter's wedding. She got married in October as well. They gave away small ziplock bags of fall colored Jelly Belly jelly beans. The zip locks were about the size of a credit card. We covered the bags with paper that had their date and name and verbage to say it was their favor as well as a leaf graphic. The paper was scored so that it made a little triangle.......a 1" deep base with sides that covered the bag, then it was punched and tied with ribbon at the top.....hope that makes sense. My other daughter who was married in June gave away small bells. When she and her husband left, the people rang the bells and threw rose petals. Each bell had a tag with their name and date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

What about making your own chocolate candy bar covers. I did that for my mom & step-dad's anniversary. Printed their picture on the covers, then stamped a thank you on it as well. There's a pic in my gallery. I also did vellum sour cream containers filled with kisses. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes