Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   new demo needs a simple Xmas card for class (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/new-demo-needs-simple-xmas-card-class-630659/)

mobrien207 09-17-2019 03:06 PM

new demo needs a simple Xmas card for class

Greetings,

I'm a new SU demo and will be participating in a Nov. event where folks make four cards. They have to be holiday cards. We purchase and provide all the SU supplies needed. I'm pretty sure I'll use white cardstock and have to purchase paper from the new catalog. The frost paper has already been claimed for a card, so I need to choose something else. I'm thinking the toile paper. I have two challenges before me and could use your help.

I don't send out many Xmas cards, so I don't have any not-retired holiday sets from SU, so I'll have to purchase the stamp sets, too. If I can use a floral stamp set I already have, perhaps I can borrow a greeting set from another demo in our group. Next, since time is limited we have to keep it simple. I've been advised to keep it to one color of ink to prevent cross contamination.

I'm checking out the simple cards on this site as well as the Christmas and FB sites for examples. Thank you for your ideas.

Maryellen

fionna51 09-17-2019 04:21 PM

Here's a pretty card in the Toile paper that you mentioned:
CAS Toile Christmas by amyk3868 - at Splitcoaststampers

I did a gallery search for "SUO Christmas". You might find something in that search that strikes your fancy. :)

cnsteele 09-17-2019 04:23 PM

I think the Wrapped in Plaid suite would be perfect. The trees could be stamped in one color and punched. The sentiment could be stamped in the same color as the trees. The Wrapped in Plaid DSP has many patterns to use (the cards don't all have to use the same pattern and you could still keep the layout the same). This site is great for card ideas and you could also check out Stampin' Success (the demo magazine, which you have online access to as a demo).

mobrien207 09-17-2019 04:32 PM

I just realized that I purchased the "So Many Stars" bundle of stamp and die. I think I'm going to figure out something to do with that. Someone already claimed using the frost paper, so I'll think of or find something else in paper and color.

I do love the combination of deep blue, aqua and silver so perhaps I can figure that out. Maybe with a subtle embossed background layer.

Maryellen

angelladcrockett 09-24-2019 08:29 AM

Hi, Maryellen,
I search the full gallery here for help with all kinds of projects. Simply go to the home page, click on "New Additions to Galleries" tab, then use the search box on the left. For what you are looking for, I would type in CAS Christmas. You can separate the keywords with a comma, but using a space works just the same. You will see most any company's products, however, I am sure that you will see thousands of cute examples that you can tweak to your own design. Good luck and have fun!!