Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Default Need some cute, easy ideas PLEASE

I'll try to explain and make it as brief as I can. I am so SCS challenged and I can't seem to make any decisions on my own. I must always consult the wonderful, smart, caring and talented ladies @ SCS first.
I need to make some little "treat" like things for 26 girls that are between 12 & 18 years old. This will be for a 5 day & night camp w/ my church. The theme is Shine....Leave the World Behind. I was thinking of anything to do w/ being a shining example or maybe even being a follower of The Son. I have small bubbles w/ stars on the bottle & a star wand, but no idea what to say w/ that. I am giving them all a fake starfish w/ The Starfish Story. I have also thought of Starkist, Starburst, Sunny Delights.....But I am still trying to come up w/ some thoughts or sayings. For example, I may do star sunglasses and say, look @ the world w/ a positive attitude, or something like that. Get the idea? I just need some more ideas, as I want to give them at least one little thing each day. It doesn't necessarily have to be along the theme. Could just be camping related, friend related, etc. Like I may do gold & silver nuggets w/ a note that says, "Make new friends, but keep the old. Some are silver and some are gold."
Sorry to ramble on so long. I will really appreciate any ideas.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:46 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

bumping so someone who could help may see this....sorry I don't have any great ideas!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:23 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

for the bubbles... you could have them make wishes and blow their wishes/prayers to heaven.

What about Hershey's Kisses and Hugs... wrap a few of each in a little tulle bag and tie with ribbon. This way you are giving them each hugs and kisses.

HTH,
Maureen
Old 06-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to paperwife

Well, the first thing that came to my mind was using candles for something. (Now I'm gonna have "This Little Light of Mine" stuck in my head all night, LOL.) You could also do something with shining stars. -You're a shining star....or something like that.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

You could give them each a small flashlight for "Let your light shine". When you are all together at night and the lights are out, you can talk about how the world can be filled with darkness, but if each "Let their light shine", it brightens the world.

Also, jewels 'shine'...they could each make a bracelet with bright 'shiny' beads. The majority of beads could be white (or silver, etc.), but then use specific shiny colored beads to represent different things....such as "The pink bead represents letting your light shine in the way you treat your girlfriends", "The green bead represents letting your light shine in how you treat the earth" (showing a good example by not littering, etc.)....you get the idea.

Also, when you look at the stars (the heavens, i.e. planets) you are looking back in time...but when you 'shine' like the stars, you may be molding (helping) the future....by your actions, witnessing...???

Just some things that came to mind...
Have fun!

Kay A.

My GALLERY
Sponsored Links