Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Need quick but elegant Christmas Card ideas! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/need-quick-but-elegant-christmas-card-ideas-565210/)

Jill with a G 12-01-2012 06:53 AM

Need quick but elegant Christmas Card ideas!

I have made several Christmas Cards already, but I need about 30 more. I have tons of stamps, and plenty of great papers but I need a quick idea. It also needs to be flat so it mails easily without extra postage. I am a layer person, but I think I need Clean and Simple, but I find that challenging! I love textures and details, but I think I need to stay away from those so I can get these done quickly! I am such a last minute person! I try to do things early, but as a long time member of the Procrastinators Club, I live by their motto, I'll start on it tomorrow, but tomorrow never shows up!
Does anyone have some quick but elegant Christmas Card ideas I can CASE?
I have been viewing the CCC gallery, but there are a LOT of cards there to view! Just need a cute, flat, clean and simple but elegant Christmas Card idea! Help!

**JILL** 12-01-2012 07:18 AM

How about this one:

Christmas Story Sketch by mamaxsix - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers christmas

Very pretty. Looks like it' flat and if you cut your pieces and lined them up you could stamp them assembly line style. You could use any stamps you may have and change the colors if you wanted too.

flaxychick 12-01-2012 08:07 AM

I found this one last night and love how simple yet beautiful it is.

Surprise & Delight Christmas Card by jjhere - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Nanettesplace 12-01-2012 08:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I know these have a little bulk to them with the embellishments, but if you use a window card and put the flower, bow inside it might not be so bulky.

Jill with a G 12-01-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by **JILL** (Post 19859531)
How about this one:

Christmas Story Sketch by mamaxsix - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers christmas

Very pretty. Looks like it' flat and if you cut your pieces and lined them up you could stamp them assembly line style. You could use any stamps you may have and change the colors if you wanted too.

Great example! I like it and will try it! Thanks for your idea!

Jill with a G 12-01-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaxychick (Post 19859679)
I found this one last night and love how simple yet beautiful it is.

Surprise & Delight Christmas Card by jjhere - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I like this one too! The trees are very nice! Gonna try it too! Thanks for your idea!

Jill with a G 12-01-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanettesplace (Post 19859716)
I know these have a little bulk to them with the embellishments, but if you use a window card and put the flower, bow inside it might not be so bulky.

Ohhh so pretty! What a bow tier! Love it! Thanks for your idea!

stampindoe 12-01-2012 08:58 AM

This card is very simple and easy on postage:

SUO CCC12 July Card by stampindoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

You take 4 pieces of 4 x 5-1/4 DSP and cut them all the same, then mix up the pieces to create 4 cards.
I also have other simple cards in my gallery.

Holly440 12-01-2012 10:27 AM

Here are a few I have saved to my favorites:
FS301 Peace On Earth by hskelly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CAS Christmas by Albongo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CCC12 Jan - Little Reindeer by ceedee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Pearl Snow and Rhinestone Stars! by girlgeek101 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

White on white snowflake card by dallirah1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

maslex 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

I really love these.....

Easy Christmas Card by discoverstampin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Watercolor Winter Christmas by krista824 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Christmas cards - Two Peas in a Bucket

flash&rusty 12-01-2012 01:52 PM

If you have a really nice focal image that can stand on it's own, then all you need to do is stamp it in versamark, emboss it and mat it. Here's a sample:

Joy to the World

Here's another sample of what looks to be a very quick CAS card that is very striking in it's simplicity :

allee's CASWinterDT2013A by allee's - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers=

Both are nice and flat for mailing.

k dunbrook 12-01-2012 05:36 PM

just an idea....search cas or OLC (one layer cards) or clean and simple
You will find endless wonderful ideas....most simple in their design. I have a few in my gallery too.

Mrs Noofy 12-02-2012 07:40 AM

This one took a matter of minutes. Very basic but I think quite effective.
CAS Holly Branch in 7 minutes by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sue

CAKath 12-02-2012 08:57 AM

There are some great idea in this thread and I'll be CASING a little later. Here are a few of mine in case they help:

Rustic, masculine
CAS196 Christmas Banners by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Classic Christmas landscape
DEC12VSNMINI1 Holiday Scene by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Elegant one layer
Downline Xmas Gift- Pink Tree by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cathy H 12-02-2012 12:38 PM

I just want to thank ALL of you for causing "my favorites" in the gallery to be so big and unwieldly!!!! I like ALL of these cards now have to decide which ones to make!!!! They all seem to fit the criteria wonderfully of being great elegant cards that can be done fairly quickly.

mamaxsix 12-02-2012 02:03 PM

I was going to post one that I just made, but saw that someone else had already linked it! Here are a couple more:
maryrose CASEd Christmas
Christmas Plaid Redo

jeanstamping2 12-02-2012 05:46 PM

This one is simply but Elegant.Red Snowflakes by jeanstamping2 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jill with a G 12-04-2012 05:44 AM

All of these are wonderful, quick, CAS, easy to mail, and elegant cards! Thanks to all of you for some wonderful ideas!! SCS is the best!

Rosiebudstamp 12-04-2012 05:57 AM

Love all the ideas thanks so much for sharing
Merry Christmas y'all

lori92760 12-05-2012 05:07 PM

these are awesome. but i am confused: you think you are behind and its only dec 5th ?

lori92760 12-05-2012 08:42 PM

this is why i dont feel behind yet. after i read this post i decided i should attempt to do my daughters state taxes that was due last april. she worked in three different states. after a few mind boggling minues i decides to pay the accountant. i cannot imagine that i need to fill out 4 pages for a state that she only paid in 21 cents to. keep it already. so instead i used and example i saw here as an idea and went down and whipped out a half a dozen cards.

thanks for some great ideas.

mymountainhome 12-05-2012 09:24 PM

All these cards are amazing! I'm sort of sorry I churned mine out already and put them in the mail. Maybe I'll start working on next year's!

~LN 12-06-2012 06:05 AM

Can I please just say thank you for this thread?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maryrose 12-06-2012 10:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I counted my Christmas card stash yesterday, and I had a whopping total of twelve cards. Yep, one dozen. Guess I better get busy! It's going to be a lot of CAS cards for the next week! I made two this morning with my brand new Nordic Winter set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I am normally the world's slowest card maker, but these came together really quickly!

P.S. Can I just say how excited I was to see Michelle, aka FlaxyChick on this thread! I've missed you so much here on SCS!

lori92760 12-06-2012 10:54 AM

mary,
i am slow slow slow. and a perfectionist, so if its not perfect, no smudges, perfectly aligned, it goes in the garbage. i just cant help it. and i make lots of mistakes. not cost effective at all! i have a little sign on my desk at work that says "everyone makes mistakes. I make the same one six or seven times, just to be sure."

RiverIsis 12-06-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryrose (Post 19870008)
I counted my Christmas card stash yesterday, and I had a whopping total of twelve cards. Yep, one dozen. Guess I better get busy! It's going to be a lot of CAS cards for the next week! I made two this morning with my brand new Nordic Winter set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I am normally the world's slowest card maker, but these came together really quickly!

P.S. Can I just say how excited I was to see Michelle, aka FlaxyChick on this thread! I've missed you so much here on SCS!

Oh wow! I love that set! your cards are beautiful.

bonniestamper 12-06-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760 (Post 19870062)
mary,
i am slow slow slow. and a perfectionist, so if its not perfect, no smudges, perfectly aligned, it goes in the garbage. i just cant help it. and i make lots of mistakes. not cost effective at all! i have a little sign on my desk at work that says "everyone makes mistakes. I make the same one six or seven times, just to be sure."

Yes I too so feel your pain... lol

clairehobby 12-06-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a G (Post 19859420)
I have made several Christmas Cards already, but I need about 30 more. I have tons of stamps, and plenty of great papers but I need a quick idea. It also needs to be flat so it mails easily without extra postage. I am a layer person, but I think I need Clean and Simple, but I find that challenging! I love textures and details, but I think I need to stay away from those so I can get these done quickly! I am such a last minute person! I try to do things early, but as a long time member of the Procrastinators Club, I live by their motto, I'll start on it tomorrow, but tomorrow never shows up!
Does anyone have some quick but elegant Christmas Card ideas I can CASE?
I have been viewing the CCC gallery, but there are a LOT of cards there to view! Just need a cute, flat, clean and simple but elegant Christmas Card idea! Help!

how about this one?just need beads on the card
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com...hVBMGKI8_b.jpg

nancystamps 12-07-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairehobby (Post 19870953)
how about this one?just need beads on the card
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com...hVBMGKI8_b.jpg

oooh.....I love this one!

nancystamps 12-07-2012 04:38 AM

I made this one a few years ago, probably around Dec. 22!!!!! This goes together REAL fast, one layer, folded at top and embossed about 2/3 on the front. Used a lot of red scraps and the jazzy ribbon is totally flat.

2008 Christmas Card by nancystamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

maryrose 12-07-2012 04:43 AM

These are great card ideas, ladies! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only slow paper crafter!

Ksnurse 12-07-2012 10:08 AM

well, Gillian, I was going to link you some I've seen but looks like several gals have got you covered....so I'll just extend an invite to you to join the Christmas Card Challenge and the All Occasion Card Challenge for next yr so you don't have this prob. the links are in my sig....good luck with gettin them done...

Bourguignon 12-07-2012 11:11 AM

I made 'three fold'd cards. Punched out bells, baubles, Christmas trees etc on crntre panel, then backed with various ribbons. You can then enhance with tiny bows or adhesive shapes.

kinglake 12-08-2012 12:36 AM

lovely cards. jo

LMcAree 12-08-2012 06:36 AM

Here are a couple that I made that were quick to make:
With Ribbon: FS301 by LMcAree - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Without Ribbon: Joy of Family by LMcAree - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

dottiejdavis 12-08-2012 04:10 PM

I have really enjoyed going through all these "simple" cards! They are exactly what I have been looking for to make the remaining cards on my list. They are beautiful and thanks to all the gals that made them....for us to use for inspiration. Merry Christmas ladies!

Jill with a G 12-09-2012 06:52 AM

Yes, Thanks to all of you! I have made cards using several of these wonderful ideas! You can always count on Splitcoasters to help with any of your card needs!! Thanks everyone!

Leonie J 12-10-2012 03:26 AM

Great thread. Thanks to everyone for some beautiful contributions. I'm inspired now to start next year's stash!!

herekitty 12-10-2012 07:38 AM

Love all these awesome CAS ideas!! Thanks everyone! :D

Here are a couple more to share:
Classic Christmas by herekitty - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Poinsettia Christmas by herekitty - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mcw519 12-12-2012 07:39 PM

You might want to check out the cards by Lateblossom here on SCS or on her blog Simplicity. IMHO, she is the Queen of Clean and Simple cards no matter what time of year!

mcw519
m carolyn w