Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Need to make multiple cards quickly (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/need-make-multiple-cards-quickly-510265/)

mouseprints 10-27-2010 12:38 PM

Need to make multiple cards quickly

I need to make a bunch of Thank You cards and don't want them to be exactly the same, but I do want them to match. I have a 20 from 3 template I got from CTMH that I have used, but looking for something different.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Trish

Tenakee 10-27-2010 01:52 PM

How about some coordinating cards using the "One Sheet Wonder" approach? I haven't tried them myself, but it might be what you're looking for. You can make them as simple or as ornate as you'd like, but it's basically one or two colors of CS and some DSP. Then you just mix and match to make different but coordinating cards. You could further coordinate by using the same stamp sets for the Thank You's and the other sentiments, or mix it up there too.

Here's the SCS gallery dedicated to "OSWs": One Sheet Wonders Gallery: Card Making One Sheet Wonders - Page - Splitcoaststampers

I especially like these by brownie59: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0304?&cat=3815

I'm sure there's a tutorial here on SCS too, on the different ways to cut and use the DSP, but I can't seem to find that at the moment. Maybe someone else will have a quick link to it for us!

CAKath 10-27-2010 02:36 PM

I'll link you to an idea I used for teacher thank you's. I used a square nestie to emboss a square, but not cut it out. Inside I place a die cut butterfly. Thank you is stamped beneath the square. Here it is. HTH.

Teacher Appreciation- Butterfly Thank You note by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mouseprints 10-28-2010 08:45 AM

Thanks for the ideas. Love the cards.

Does anyone have cutting instructions for the "One Sheet Wonder"?

Trish

skkirts 10-28-2010 09:01 AM

Gallery - Special Collections - One Sheet Wonders

You'll find gazillions of samples and templates here.

My favorite trick for 8 x 11 1/2 sheets is to print the template on the BACK of my patterned paper - makes cutting a breeze.

i can't do that on the 12 inch paper simply because I don't have a large format printer.

I've seen simple regular 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 sets of cards made with the same layout and a different image too. I especially liked some with 4 different flower from the same sets.

You could even use your computer to type the sentiment in a word processing or picture editing program and then run your card stock through your printer --- Then stamp your image on the card stock-------- easy peasy after a little work to get the sentiment in the right place on your card.

Enjoy!
Sharon K_MN

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouseprints (Post 17503236)
Thanks for the ideas. Love the cards.

Does anyone have cutting instructions for the "One Sheet Wonder"?

Trish

lovemycards 10-28-2010 09:10 AM

I was going to suggest One Sheet Wonders, too. Check out these posts. They all have instructions for cutting.

OSW: 14 cards

OSW: Tote & Cards

This reminds me that I can do these again since I'm in a card making slump!

Enjoy!

bh_dallas 10-28-2010 09:28 AM

Great ideas and these make perfect gifts also. Subbing :)

p7eggyc 10-28-2010 12:53 PM

Trish,
Here's a card I made last year that is an easy concept and can use scraps:

Quick and Easy Note Card by p7eggyc - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I've linked to the original blog I pulled the idea from in my description.

Also, November's sketch in Scrapbook & Cards Today - Canada's scrapbooking magazine might give you a few ideas. You could either make them the same by virtue of the design or by virtue of using the same papers.

Peg

Iriseyes 10-28-2010 04:27 PM

These are a couple of my favourite card sets:

My One Sheet Wonder Cards - Personalized Cards by aekermans - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Asian Artistry in the Round by SandiMac - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

4x4 note cards & box by crazyforrubber - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

craftymomto2 10-28-2010 06:38 PM

Oh, they are so pretty, tfs!

catherinep 10-28-2010 06:41 PM

Here are 2 super simple cards that I've made
Catherine Pooler � Blog Archive � Got 10? 10 Minute Card with Elements of Style Stamp Set and the Masking Technique

Catherine Pooler � Blog Archive � Got 10: 10 Minute Card with I {Heart} Hearts Stamp Set

craftymomto2 10-30-2010 06:07 PM

OSW gallery here:
One Sheet Wonders Gallery: Card Making One Sheet Wonders - Page - Splitcoaststampers