Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Need help, which ribbon storage out of these 2 options? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/need-help-ribbon-storage-out-these-2-options-137107/)

mollylsmom 04-13-2006 11:01 AM

Need help, which ribbon storage out of these 2 options?

I went to Michael's today and saw the Black Good to Go that amahanes reported on here recently. It looks nice. Then I saw the Crop in Style ribbon organizer also.

Which one would you choose. I am a new demo and just getting started with all of this and really have no idea why one would be better than the other?

This is the crop in style one:
http://www.jennycraft.com/product-ex...Storage%20Tray

This is the Good to Go one:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...7&d=1144515336

Thanks!

Sheila

Maria718 04-13-2006 12:16 PM

I saw both at Micaels also. I decided on the Good to Go because with the coupon it was a liitle bit cheaper, it could fit all the ribbon I had, and it fit under some shelves where I have some other supplies. I also thought that if for some reason I needed to move it and put it away in a closet for storage it would be one piece rather than seperate stacking units. Does that make sense?

mollylsmom 04-13-2006 12:28 PM

Good idea about easily moving, I think I will probably go with that one also.

Sheila

Palapala 04-13-2006 12:30 PM

I've been trying to find ribbon storage options too. Personally, I like the Good to Go one the best. The ribbon is protected but viewable. Plus with this one, you could bring it with you if you need to transport it.

I vote for Good to Go.:D

speanburg4 04-13-2006 01:05 PM

I bought the Good to Go one, because I don't think the other one would hold the grossgrain ribbon spools. I didn't like the idea of them being stacked on top of each other. I don't want to have to move 2 or 3 to get to the bottom one. I did have a hard time rearranging my desk to fit the Good to Go one, especially since I have too many ribbons and already need a second one. I had made my own ribbon rack which held more ribbon, but it didn't hold the little bobbin ribbons, so I am pretty sure I am going to keep the Good to Go one. I also like that the Good to Go one is portable, although I have no idea where I would take it. I will probably go to M's tomorrow to get the second one with my 50% coupon. HTH

dkluvs2stamp 04-13-2006 04:18 PM

I'm bummed - my Michael's doesn't have these!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Deirdre

fionna51 04-13-2006 04:38 PM

My Michael's doesn't have Good to Go, but has the Crop in Style ones--I really like them, for my storage it would work great, but I agree with Jennifer--I am sure the grosgrain would not fit. Oh well. Right now I use my envelope boxes--slightly modified--and they are wonderful, but not clear. I guess that doesn't matter since the ribbon is hanging out! One envelope box will hold about 26-28 spools of grosgrain or similar. I put a divider in the middle to keep the spools from moving end to end. I don't have all the colors yet.

By the way, I buy envelopes in boxes of 250 in white and vanilla from my local paper store...they only cost 11.95!

LauraJean 04-13-2006 05:52 PM

Does anyone know the Cost of the Good To Go one? It's perfect for me...

mollylsmom 04-13-2006 06:31 PM

Good to Go at my M's is 19.99 - tomorrow they have a 50% off coupon, so I am going!!

Sheila

swild19 04-13-2006 07:44 PM

I bought the crop in style one and the grosgrain rolls don't fit. =(

Nancy Jones 04-14-2006 04:32 PM

I just bought the Good to Go ribbon storage yesterday, I had a 50% coupon and last night I filled it up with my ribbons, and I love it!! I think it will be nice for traveling, and what I like about it to, you can see your ribbons. Mine were in ribbon boxes, I hated lifting the top and looking through them. It sells for $19.99 but when you have a 40% or 50% coupon I think its a good deal.
Nancy

MSBetsyZ 04-14-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swild19
I bought the crop in style one and the grosgrain rolls don't fit. =(

That's why I went with the Good to Go case.

As far as someone's Michaels NOT carrying these, my Michaels had them separate from the Crop in Style and Cropper Hopper stuff. They were over on the bottom of one of the ribbon displays. I almost missed them, and I was looking for them!

Palapala 04-14-2006 07:00 PM

I was SO ready to buy a Good to Go one today with my 50% off coupon and my Mike's didn't have them!! I even double checked and they don't carry that brand. So some really don't have them. I am so bummed! Bahhhhhhhh:cry:

MaggieSt 04-14-2006 07:21 PM

I just bought mine today (Used my 50% coupon) and need to get another as I quckly filled it up. Too much ribbon! Yeah, right. I have to control myself when it comes to ribbon. Might have to take another 30 min drive tom to get another.(Use the 30% off coupon) Our Mikes had the storage cases in the same area as their ribbon. Maggie :)