Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Need help with paint can for someone moving (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/need-help-paint-can-someone-moving-67173/)

Caritzak 07-07-2005 06:30 AM

Need help with paint can for someone moving

I have a good friend that is moving out of state and I would like to make a paint can for her. I need some ideas for things to put inside. I was thinking about lifesavers and gum and chocolate for the ride. Any other great ideas?
TIA

sunniepublications 07-07-2005 08:46 AM

You could include some small memories of the state she will be leaving. For example a magenet of the state. If it is a road trip can that will have snacks. I would go with the small bag of chips, some nuts, a gas card, items along that line.

outsiderartist 07-09-2005 03:48 PM

I dunno, if I were moving I would appreciate a can filled with the following: A mini roll of TP, a small giftcard to home depot, a can opener, a box of matches, a utlity knife, mini screw driver set, a set of new return address labels and a mini bar of soap and shampoo.

Things you just do not wanna dig thru boxes fro as soon as you move in.. and possibly a gift card for Chilis or some chain restaurant that will likely be anywhere they may move by....

stampinkaren 07-09-2005 04:01 PM

Wet Wipes!!

staramaze 07-09-2005 10:09 PM

My friend is a realtor, and she makes paint cans for closing gifts with...
Picture hanging kit
mini flashlight
night light
toilet paper
trash bag
multi-head screwdriver
hammer
Plastic flatware
Paper plates (just a few)
Paper cups
Pizza Hut gift card
Tylenol
Bandaids
bar of soap
towel
Small water bottle

The concept is that everything they might need while moving is right there. I love her ideas!
Good Luck!

Rainsong 07-10-2005 08:21 AM

How about:
a change of address packet from the post office
book of postal stamps
packette of 'We've Moved' notecards--handmade by you
gift certificate to a favorite restaurant in the old town for those return visits
jar or tube of Ben Gay/Blue Emu for those aching muscles
small can of furniture polish/window cleaner or Swiffer refill stuff

Moving is a dirty job:
bath salts/shower gel
nice loofah
some upscale shampoo/conditioner
hand/body lotion

That requires frequent refreshment:
flavored coffees to go with
homemade cookies
box of good tea
pretty tea cup/coffee cup

Oh! How about a rubber stamp or address labels with her new address?
A disposable camera
Note pads--you can never have too many note pads, especially when moving

Rainsong

reneecarpenter1 07-11-2005 05:31 AM

Paint can for someone moving

I have given phone cards to friends who have moved. All depends on how close the two of you are.

Renee

juliesprincess 07-20-2005 07:35 AM

paint can help

I've been wanting to do the paint can too.
Where do you all get yours from? Michaels?
Please help!

clmcdm1996 07-20-2005 08:21 AM

Film or a disposable camera to take pictures of their move start to finish.

Juliesprincess, I just bought some paint cans yesterday at the Home Depot. They were reasonably priced - Gallon size were $3.19 and Quart were $1.29.

stampsforfun2 07-20-2005 04:54 PM

I also have a paint can that I made for a friend moving out of state. I made a RSVP pen to match the can and a few note cards. I plan to add some chocolates and maybe a suncatcher so she can put it up in her new home and think of us when she sees it. Liked many of your other ideas.

staramaze 07-21-2005 01:11 AM

Here is the can I made for my real estate friend. He client loved it btw. I got my cans at Ace/True Value for $1.99, with a free can opener!