Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Need Help? (or do I?) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/need-help-do-i-31551/)

Motherof6 02-25-2005 12:31 PM

Need Help? (or do I?)

So walking into church Wednesday night I look at the license plate parked by the door. The letters are AYC. I think All Year Cheer, like those letters always stand for that. Today I am coming home from delivering my Hostesses orders to her and I am behind a car with the letters EFP (Everyday Flexible Phrases). The first thing that comes to my mind is Stamp set abbreviations. :?

GnarlyGirl 02-25-2005 12:37 PM

Debbi - I do the same thing! But you know it's very bad when you start comparing every color you see to the 48 SU! colors :) :lol:

Motherof6 02-25-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beclarsen
But you know it's very bad when you start comparing every color you see to the 48 SU! colors :) :lol:

I've done that for along time! :oops:

Christine P 02-25-2005 01:15 PM

I was behind a car with the RAK letters on its tag. Yep, you know where my mind went with it!

C

Susan_Stasel 02-25-2005 01:28 PM

In addition to thinking and comparing every color in terms of their SU name, I actually find myself calling every color I see with SU matches by their SU name! My non stamping friends think I'm nuts! They just roll their eyes!

DebbiS 02-25-2005 01:38 PM

I was sitting across from someone in a meeting and all I could think was, "That is the most awesome color Mellow Moss shirt I have ever seen." I think we all need help (or do we??)

Janet Swofford 02-25-2005 01:38 PM

You girls are so funny! Bad thing is , I do the very same things.I even dream about stamping ideas! Do I need a twelve step program? Sounds like an addiction to me.
Happy Stamping to my fellow stamping addicts! :lol:
Janet

Motherof6 02-25-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Swofford
Do I need a twelve step program? Janet

I read somewhere on here that the 12 step program is "Never be further than 12 steps from you stamps" and you will be fine. :D

stampinshauna 02-25-2005 01:52 PM

It's funny how we are so sucked into our SU world. I know it's bad when my husband starts referring to colors with their SU names (or he at least tries to make up a name that sounds like it could be SU)

Janet Swofford 02-25-2005 01:53 PM

Debbi, I love that!!! So funny. My family thinks I'm crazy because I keep laughing out loud while I'm sitting at my computer.
Janet

Siberian Stamper 02-25-2005 01:55 PM

Re:

Oh, boy!!! That's funny!!! Is that what I'm going to end up doing once I sign up to be a demo??? LOL!!!

Motherof6 02-25-2005 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Swofford
Debbi, I love that!!! So funny. My family thinks I'm crazy because I keep laughing out loud while I'm sitting at my computer.
Janet

Keep laughing it keeps you healthy! I'm paying bills :( & checking out the gallery. No laughing here...so laugh enough for me. :lol:

inknrubber 02-25-2005 02:05 PM

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks way too! Family and friends think I'm out of my mind.

And what's bad, is that my 9yr old DD does the same thing with the colors. That makes family/friends think I've really gone mad!

hooahwife 02-25-2005 05:40 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams about stamping. I thought I was going nuts.

gma1918 02-25-2005 08:47 PM

I'm REALLY new to this site (I was only introduced to it a few days ago) & I'm already addicted to it! Can you point me in the right direction to where I can find the meaning of some of these abbreviations? I figured out SAHM = stay at home mom, but have seen RAK & am clueless. What is DH & DD?

nary jane 02-25-2005 09:49 PM

i did the color comparison for the first time the other day in the store. i walked by an aisle full of towels that were seperated by color intensity rather than just color. my mind immediately went to the su color groups!

gma1918, rak=random act of kindness, dh=dear husband (also dumb, desperate, delightful, doting, and any other adjective that begins with d!), dd=dear daughter. i believe there is a post somewhere on the site that gives a huge list of various abbreviations and what they mean.

Candykane 02-26-2005 12:40 AM

Usually if I am thinking alot about stamps or just had a party I end up dreaming about stamps that night, I know it is crazy, but hey if it is on your mind alot you end up dreaming about it. :wink:

Motherof6 02-26-2005 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gma1918
I'm REALLY new to this site (I was only introduced to it a few days ago) & I'm already addicted to it! Can you point me in the right direction to where I can find the meaning of some of these abbreviations? I figured out SAHM = stay at home mom, but have seen RAK & am clueless. What is DH & DD?

Here is a thread that will have more than you will ever need :D
http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com...t=abbreviation

cincystamper 02-26-2005 03:52 AM

Here's a sad one...

At a Bible study at church a few weeks ago, we read a verse about "their clothes were whiter than bleach" and my first thought...???

I wonder if they stamped with their bleach back then, too? :shock:

CrabbyAbbe 02-26-2005 04:22 AM

Re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian Stamper
Oh, boy!!! That's funny!!! Is that what I'm going to end up doing once I sign up to be a demo??? LOL!!!

I am not a demo, and I do the same thing.........no one is safe!!!!!!
We are all in danger!

bambi64 02-26-2005 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbiS
I was sitting across from someone in a meeting and all I could think was, "That is the most awesome color Mellow Moss shirt I have ever seen." I think we all need help (or do we??)

Me too! :lol: My husband got a shirt at Christmas time and wore it a few weeks later. He wanted to know what color I would call it, so I told him it looked just like Really Rust! :lol: He just rolled his eyes when I said that that was an SU color!

mddlerth 02-26-2005 05:22 AM

RAK- Random Acts of Kindness
DH - Darling Husband (or Darn Husband, as the case may be) lol
DD Darling Daughter

There is a current thread going on with a list of many of those.
I think someone should post one that is specific to SCS.

Cathy