Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin' Journalers- AHA!

I had an aha! moment last week when I was putting in an order, (maybe this was already obvious to everyone and I was slow on the uptake but just had to share if it can help someone, too):

I do a lot of omission stamping with my line art images that requires just going over part of the stamp with a black marker, I wouldn't have enough control trying to ink up the parts I want with a pad, but when I do this, I also run the risk of getting bleeding in the ink if I want to watercolor or color my image with markers. Also a lot of times I draw in my own details or fix things that don't get stamped evenly with a black marker. So I had been thinking for awhile , "Now if they would just come out with a waterproof marker like the Basic Black pad so I could do therse things without having to worry about it bleeding" and then it dawned on me, "That's what you can use the black journalling set for!!" So I got them (didn't have any of them before) and I am really pleased with the results. The 4 different tips are great, you can draw much finer detail with the smaller points than you can with the fine tip of the Stampin Write marker.

Anyway, I don't recall there being any suggested tips in the catalog or on the SU! site about using them in this way (unless I missed it), but I am going to point this out to my customers.
HTH you!
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Funny you should post that today. I have just stamped a card and the image didn't stamp cleanly. Instead of starting over I just filled in the rest with my journaling marker. Worked great and I was able to use the aquapainter after! Cool!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for sharing that....and, no, it wasn't obvious to me, either!
I will definitely order them, as I do a lot of watercoloring!
Reply With Quote Likes