Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   NC SCS event (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/nc-scs-event-32109/)

sahm_i_am 02-28-2005 10:42 AM

NC SCS event

There is a need for all us NC stampers to get together. Gosh, those MN stampers are ALWAYS getting together and I'm getting a little jealous!

If you are interested please respond with answers to the following:

1. Does the date of May 14 work for you?

2. Where would you prefer to meet? Raleigh/Durham area or Charlotte area. Please list if you know of a meeting place that can accomodate a stampers group.

3. Are you interested in helping organize this event? I am in RDU so if this event is going to happen in Charlotte I will need someone there.

If I have left out basic information please chime in. I've never planned an event like this before.

Thanks everyone,
Wendi

stampin4thefunofit 02-28-2005 10:55 AM

Hey!

I just found this series of threads on NC stampers. I am a fairly new demo (since Oct 2004) and love it!

I live in Charlotte. I've only lived in NC. I grew up in Gastonia and only once lived in Cary for 1 1/2 yrs. I have DD 12 yrs old and DS 7 yrs old. Been married going on 16 years, infact, our 16th anniversary is May 13. If this event is a day driving event, I would love to join in.

Would be glad to help with any organizing, if you need that.

mholles 02-28-2005 10:57 AM

Thanks for getting us going.

1. The 14th works for me - my husbad will be at a mountain bike adventure race that day, so I'll need something to do.

2. I am closer to Charlotte than RD. Greensboro could also work. Or I can hostess here in Albemarle if anyone is interested in coming to the middle of nowhere :) That really muddies up the answer - so I'll just go with Charlotte.

Melanie

Janet Swofford 02-28-2005 11:05 AM

Hi Wendy,
I would love to get together! May 14th works for me so far( and if I write it in on the calendar before anyone else writes anything I have first dibs!) I would love it if the gathering was somewhere in RDU. I don't know of any locations though.I could check on how much it would cost to rent my community clubhouse, if you would like. I would be willing to help, but I've never done anything like this before. I love Keri's sugestions about the shoe box swaps and Subway subs. Keeping it simple and inexpensive sounds good to me! There is a Subway very close to my clubhouse as well and a Donimo's if we decide to go the pizza route. Just let me know and I will check it out.
Thanks for taking the lead on this!!! Let me know how I can help. I'm so excited!!! :lol:
Janet

buttons2 02-28-2005 11:10 AM

Rats -- I'd just love to be in on this but I'll just be getting back from Mexico that afternoon (into the Charlotte airport no less) so don't think I can handle a stamp meet that day. Maybe it will be so successful, another will be scheduled during the summer (that's when I'm in NC; otherwise, I'm in FL). Our house is in the southwestern corner of the state but if I could probably load up a carload of gals to drive to the middle of the state sometime.

Wanda

Kymbers_Stampin 02-28-2005 11:12 AM

When's Mothers Day? I thought it was that weekend.

sahm_i_am 02-28-2005 11:20 AM

Mother's Day is May 8. What's up with your dad, Kymbers? Do you think May 14 will work? Hope so.

Tracy14 02-28-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
When's Mothers Day? I thought it was that weekend.

Mother's Day is May8th.

I am sure I could make it if it is in RD area. I live all the way at the coast (an hour north of the Outerbanks area) so Charlotte is a little too far.

Tracy Birch

mmko 02-28-2005 11:38 AM

I would also vote for the Raleigh/Durham area- I live on the coast and Charlotte is a bit far. Something like a shoebox swap would be fun to do at this get together.

ajpelser 02-28-2005 11:46 AM

Sounds like fun. I live south of Charlotte so the closer to Charlotte the better for me.
-Amanda

JoAnnaC 02-28-2005 11:59 AM

1. May 14th would only work for me if it were in the RDU area and started mid morning and ended mid afternoon. If that time of day doesn't work out then May 21st would be good for me. Then I may more flexible in terms of location - like between RDU and the eastern side of the Greensboro area.
2. RDU is my preferred meeting place.

Subs/pizza are good, easy, and cheap. The shoe box idea is great, too.

judi 02-28-2005 12:03 PM

WOO HOO Sign me UP!!!!
I live an hour east of Charlotte( in Albemarle near Melanie) so that would be better but I could certainly do the Raleigh area...
Would LOVE to do a shoebox swap and any others...
Am part of a group of NC SU demos and we meet quarterly and share and its LOTS of fun.. so I am really up for something with this great group... I would be happy to organize/and or help with a secret sister swap and/ or the shoe box swap...
Judi Moore

sahm_i_am 02-28-2005 12:24 PM

Hey Judi! So, if this happens in Charlotte are you saying you will help organize? Oh, that is sooooo sweet! :lol: :wink:

Wendi

Janet Swofford 02-28-2005 12:30 PM

Wendi, I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong!!! :oops: I just noticed you spell yours with an "i" instead of a "y".
Janet

CarolDNC 02-28-2005 12:37 PM

I would love to be a part of a get together. I live on the coast, so no matter where it is I would have to travel. I would prefer the Charlotte area because my sister lives in Rockwell.

Carol

tish101 02-28-2005 01:03 PM

I'm a fairly new Demo (started in early October 2004)...and we have a large, active group that meets quarterly. I really enjoy the get togethers.

This sounds really fun. We'd get to meet new people...and of course, there's gotta be some fun!

May 14th looks good for me, and I live in the Triangle area....Greensboro, Raleigh, Durham...any of those are good locations.

Tish.

Janet Swofford 02-28-2005 01:43 PM

Bump!

cher 02-28-2005 01:56 PM

I'm a coast stamper, so RDU works better for me.

Cher

ashowers76 02-28-2005 02:00 PM

oh man, so excited!

Hi All-

I'd be very excited to come to a get together and do a swap...never done one before. The 14th of May would work for me, and I live in the RDU area. I would be willing to travel to Greensboro, or maybe even W-S, but Charlotte might be a bit too much travel for a short event (6 hours round trip for me).

Most public libraries have meeting rooms, and I think they charge either very little or nothing to reserve them. That would be an idea for a place to meet, or if people live in communities with clubhouses that can be rented out. (We don't have one, or I would volunteer it up!)

Subway and simple snacks sound like a good way to go, and a shoebox swap sounds fun. (I'd never heard of one before!)

Thanks!

sahm_i_am 02-28-2005 02:23 PM

Woo - Hoo! It's coming together!!!! :lol:

This is a shameless bump! :wink:

sunnywl 02-28-2005 02:30 PM

May 14

That day might work for me. I'd have to find a babysitter for my toddler though but if it's in the Raleigh area then I can make it. Simple snacks would be wonderful too.

sunnywl 02-28-2005 02:31 PM

May 14

That day might work for me. I'd have to find a babysitter for my toddler though but if it's in the Raleigh area then I can make it. Simple snacks would be wonderful too.
~Wendy

whatsupdock 02-28-2005 02:34 PM

Hey all,

I would love a get together in NC. I live in Goldsboro, so Raleigh would be closer for me. But I'll do what the majority does.

StampinwithKelly 02-28-2005 02:51 PM

I would love to meet in the Raleigh area! The 14th sounds good to me. I frequently come here for inspirations and "stalk" the threads, but I would love to get together with some area stampers. I am looking forward to further updates!

Janet Swofford 02-28-2005 03:28 PM

Doin' the bump!!!
Janet

veramats 02-28-2005 03:44 PM

I'm in Charlotte, and would be glad to help. I don't want to be 'in charge' so to speak. I have a big Nat'l Scrapbooking Day event the prior weekend, but I'll be glad to lend a hand.

My vote is for Charlotte area.

Vera

crazyforcards 02-28-2005 03:46 PM

I would love to join in! I am near Greensboro so either site works for me. :D

wandabing 02-28-2005 04:10 PM

NC SCS event

Hi-
I'm in TN- I know, I know! My one downline is in the Winston-Salem area- she signed up last week and gets her kit this week AND she already has a $71 order!! She and I (NC is STILL home) would prefer Charlotte- only b/c it's what 30 minutes closer, so either is fine for us! I know she would love to meet other stampers from NC- she's been hooked since August and loves SU! I can speak for her- she's my stepmom! I'll keep an eye out for details!

wandabing

Janet Swofford 02-28-2005 05:08 PM

bump again!

Benniesma 02-28-2005 05:16 PM

That weekend works fine for me!

But I would prefer the Charlotte area....that's where I'm closest!

Carole Richardson 02-28-2005 07:37 PM

NC Stampers Gathering

Wendi,

I would love to be included in a NC stampers' gathering. I am sorry that May 14th won't work for me because my youngest daughter is getting married that day. Don't think it would go over too well if I missed that. Anyway, if it works out to be another weekend, I would love to be included. The Raleigh/Durham area would suit me as I live in Durham. I am not generally a leader in planning, so would probably not be very helpful in organizing, but I would be glad to help in some smaller way. I think keeping it simple and being cost conscious would allow for better attemdance. Thanks for beginning the brainstorming process for such an event. I think it would be so much fun!

Carole

sahm_i_am 03-01-2005 05:36 AM

Carole, I'm sure your daughter wouldn't mind! :wink: Thank you for your offer to help organize a part.

So... where oh where are we going to meet? Oh, where oh where will it be?

Janet Swofford 03-01-2005 07:15 AM

Wendi,
I offered in my earlier post in this thread to check out how much it would cost to rent my community clubhouse as a meeting place. I live in Woodcroft in Durham and it's right near I-40 so it would be pretty convenient for those having to travel. I never heard if you wanted me to pursue this or not. I also offered to help in other ways, if you need me to. Just let me know.
Janet

sahm_i_am 03-01-2005 07:31 AM

I'm sorry Janet. I didn't mean to ignore your offer. Yes, please look into the clubhouse. Ours in our community is not that large and I'm afraid it wouldn't hold that many. And right off I-40 would be very easy for everyone to get to. I still can't tell if Raleigh or Charlotte is going to be the place. I think it is tied in the polls.

Anyone else want to join us? Stampin', Swappin', Snackin', Sharin'! It doesn't get any better!!!!

Kymbers_Stampin 03-01-2005 09:56 AM

Charlotte's a horrid place. I'll try to make it to Raleigh, but there would be a couple of conditions for me. I would have to make it an overnighter and go to the zoo in Asheboro on the way home and I would have to bring my 13 year old. Then again, I don't think I can do it. March was the only month good for me ~ April and May are blocked out for the arrival of the father.

My dad is moving from CA to PA. When he arrives, I have to drive DD to see him IMMEDIATELY! Then May is racing month. 3 weekends in May so I may need the 14th to regain some strength. But if it's in Raleigh I will think about trying.

ashowers76 03-01-2005 03:07 PM

bump!

ashowers76 03-01-2005 03:29 PM

How many people are we thinking might attend this event? If it isn't a HUGE number, we may be able to use my church (which is in Durham, right up the street from the Streets at Southpoint mall, right off I-40). We can use the fellowship area, which has lots of long tables/chairs, a kitchen, and 2 bathrooms. The church is small, so if there was going to be a big, BIG group, this might not work.

LaurieJane 03-01-2005 04:00 PM

I live in Raleigh and would be very interested in attending. I work with another SU demo that I think would also be interested. Thanks for starting this! I always watch the other states' come together and it's exciting for it finally to be here!! How fun! :lol:

sahm_i_am 03-01-2005 04:51 PM

It looks like RDU might be the place unless we get more votes in for Charlotte.

Anyone?

April, can you go ahead and look into your church. I would guess no more than 30, but that could change.

Janet, how many does your club house hold?

Oh, I'm soooo excited. We will do a shoebox swap. Anyone want to demo something cool? And everyone has to bring some samples and we can share. Subs and pizza sound good to me.

Sereikastamper 03-01-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahm_i_am
Subs and pizza sound good to me.

Oh I see subs AND pizza now?? LOL :wink: