Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #1  
Duchess of Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SU party for Saturday is tiny!

I am hosting my annual fall su party this Saturday. i didn't book any of my own shows (as consultant) so I could have this one weekend for this. I am SO glad I have the 3 committed ladies who ARE coming. One of my sweet stamping buddies said she plans her world around my stamping parties! LOL! But, I've had a bunch of "Can't make it, have other plans" kind of notes. Several of those I invited have their own consultant or ARE their own consultant (just a few of those who happen to be on my friends list). I stretched my list to include some of the other PC consultants I know & also invited EVERYONE at our homeschool co-op. I have had a lot or replies, which is kind of unusual, actually! But they are almost all "no".

I know in my business I always encourage hosts to ask if anyone wants to order something if they didn't get to come to the party. I think I"ll send out an "I'm sorry you couldn't make it. If you'd like to order, my party will be open until....." note. Do you SU demos suggest this to your customers? My demo is WONDERFUL!!! I mean, the one who is doing my party. I have other SU demo friends who are also wonderful! I'm sure they would all tell me to do this, but thought I'd get feedback from you online demos! LOL!

Any other ways to boost sales?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

i encourage my hostess' to do this, it can't hurt, but it can boost your sales.

Something else i do is a raffle. sell tickets to anyone you invited that money goes into a pool and at the party we draw one ticket. Whoever wins gets to spend the pot on goodies for his/her self.

Good luck and i'll buy something from you. let me know if she takes cc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

It really helps if you gush about the party afterwards to those friends who couldn't make it. Things like "She showed us the neatest technique. I'm so sorry you missed it." And "The new limited edition stamp set from Country Living is SOOO awesome, I wish you could have seen the samples. But there's still time to order it since I haven't closed my workshop yet."

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #4  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly.sutterfield
It really helps if you gush about the party afterwards to those friends who couldn't make it. Things like "She showed us the neatest technique. I'm so sorry you missed it." And "The new limited edition stamp set from Country Living is SOOO awesome, I wish you could have seen the samples. But there's still time to order it since I haven't closed my workshop yet."
Oh, that sounds just like me, too! I do that in my PC newsletters (which, doggonit, I meant to work on tonight! I stamped & spent time in CE instead! LOL!). I'll tell them if they missed this fabulous sale in Sept. I still have a few shows left to submit & they can get in on it. Actually, for Sept. it was a good one, so I will do that. Anyway, I LOVE SU so much & stamping in general that I think I can do like you said & gush quite easily! And, I know the next question is Why am I not a SU demo? Because I have a very small space & don't get much time to stamp & would have a really hard time preparing for shows. I LOVE to cook, too, and have to do it daily, so at least I'm using my supplies from my job for that. I like to say I cook to support my stamping habit! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #5  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinani
i encourage my hostess' to do this, it can't hurt, but it can boost your sales.

Something else i do is a raffle. sell tickets to anyone you invited that money goes into a pool and at the party we draw one ticket. Whoever wins gets to spend the pot on goodies for his/her self.

Good luck and i'll buy something from you. let me know if she takes cc.
You are such a goober! You can't order from my show! I'll PM you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I am not a demo so maybe you don't want to hear from me; however, my demo loves me because I buy everthing. When I cannot attend a SU gathering, she e-mails me pictures of what they made. Sometimes, when there are bellies involved (and who doesn't love embelshments?), she will mail or drop off a "sample" for me. WELL...she is good at what she does because even when I don't attend a party, I end up BUYING from that party! I probably should become a demo with the products I have!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Maybe it's time for a change. Have you been hosting this event for several years? Maybe your customers want something new. Have a stamp-a-stack event in November event for Christmas or do a Sell-a-bration event in January. Just some food for thought. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampstar
Maybe it's time for a change. Have you been hosting this event for several years? Maybe your customers want something new. Have a stamp-a-stack event in November event for Christmas or do a Sell-a-bration event in January. Just some food for thought. HTH!
Chef Mama isn't an SU demo, she's a PC consultant.

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #9  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly.sutterfield
Chef Mama isn't an SU demo, she's a PC consultant.
Thanks for clarifying that! Yep, I cook for people (which is usually my big draw when I host OTHER parties! LOL!).

I think I stumbled onto how to have a better---maybe---party. It turned out that I really needed to attend a camping training for Girl Scouts this Saturday. I told the troop leader I had plans (she is also a SU demo, and I'd invited EVERYONE in our homeschool co-op, and even had a note on it that demos were certainly welcome to come). Another friend, who is one of the 3 who could come, called today & asked if there was any possible way to move the party b/c she wanted to be there, but she knew we needed moms to attend this training & she was trying to work out a way we could BOTH go get certified to do this.

AFter several phone messages & then a REAL conversation, my wonderful friend/demo said that was fine. We're doing it Wed. evening! I have a few more days to clean the house. Phew. I have at least one more lady who responded to my updated e-mail, plus 2 of the original 3. I think the other one may have Wed. night church, not sure. I'm hoping maybe this new date will help add to the fun!

And, as I mentioned, food is often the draw. My dear sweet stamping friend (she used to be a PC consultant & I introduced her to SU; she is now officially addicted & always involved in a stamp club---with a different demo!) said she arranges her schedule around my parties. I put that food would be ready at 5:30 & stamping at 6:30. My friend, who is also pregnant, sent me a quick e-mail, "Can I still eat if I don't come til 7? It's all about the food!" She's one of my "Pampered Stamper" friends!

Thanks for the input ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #10  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelster
I am not a demo so maybe you don't want to hear from me; however, my demo loves me because I buy everthing. When I cannot attend a SU gathering, she e-mails me pictures of what they made. Sometimes, when there are bellies involved (and who doesn't love embelshments?), she will mail or drop off a "sample" for me. WELL...she is good at what she does because even when I don't attend a party, I end up BUYING from that party! I probably should become a demo with the products I have!!!
I like that! I might scan what we make & send that in the "sorry you missed the party" note. Thanks!

I love my demo, too! She was a PC consultant for awhile, then when she stopped doing that, she hosted shows for me. I had a different demo, but lost her last year, so I called this friend. Sometimes we "swap" stuff, which is a lot of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 04:30 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

My last SU party was similar to this--LLOOONNNGGG guest list, but small party (I actually was debating cancelling when 2 days before I only had ONE confirmed guest). So stressful! I got into a stamp club the next month, and haven't looked back. I'll be hostess in November for my third guaranteed-minimum party in three years. It's great!
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes