Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   My new cuttlebug folders arrived!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/my-new-cuttlebug-folders-arrived-365766/)

amyz2988 07-21-2008 11:18 AM

My new cuttlebug folders arrived!!!

I pre-ordered from OH my Crafts MONTHS ago and the July release arrived in my mailbox today! I'm so excited to go play!!!! Yahoo!

For those of you who wondered... the border embossing folders are split up so you can easily put the border where you want. They all fit together to make the same size as a regular A2 folder.

I'm off to play now!

barbcowan 07-21-2008 11:32 AM

When did you order?! I'm waiting (& it's so hard :twisted: ) for mine & would like an idea of when to expect them

amyz2988 07-21-2008 11:38 AM

I ordered a TON! And I ordered more to be released in August! I ordered... With Love (embossing borders), Just my Type (embossing borders), Houndstooth, Leafy Branch, Frills (embossing borders), Argyle, Bird Call, Floral Screen, and Forest Branches.

Ok... now I'm really off to go play!

Ooops! I just saw you asked WHEN I ordered.. not what! :rolleyes: My order was placed on May 29.

barbcowan 07-21-2008 11:41 AM

Thank you! Looks like I have a while to wait (THAT order was placed 17JUN2008, but the holiday stuff was ordered in late May)

JulieHRR 07-21-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyz2988 (Post 10614460)
I pre-ordered from OH my Crafts MONTHS ago and the July release arrived in my mailbox today! I'm so excited to go play!!!! Yahoo!

For those of you who wondered... the border embossing folders are split up so you can easily put the border where you want. They all fit together to make the same size as a regular A2 folder.

I'm off to play now!

That's fantastic! I was hesitating to order these because everywhere I went looking for info, that was not explained! Makes a *huge* difference in usability!

Thank you for letting us know! :D

Cat 07-21-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR (Post 10614790)
That's fantastic! I was hesitating to order these because everywhere I went looking for info, that was not explained! Makes a *huge* difference in usability!

i was thinking the same thing.

have you seen the sneak peeks from eclectic paperie of the newer ones? it looks... and i'm not positive on this ... but that they have individual sentiments that can be MOVED on the folder. did anybody else see that?

scrapamiga 07-21-2008 11:56 AM

CUTTLEgratulations!!

sweetiepeas 07-21-2008 12:02 PM

I got an email saying mine shipped too! I ordered 10 from the first batch and 10 from the other one! I cannot wait to get them and play!!!!

sweetiepeas 07-21-2008 12:24 PM

These are the folders I got and they should be here by Wednesday! Yahoooooooo.

WITH LOVE
JUST MY TYPE
FRILLS
LEAFY BRANCH
BIRD CALL
FLORAL SCREEN
FOREST BRANCHES
ARGYLE
HOUNDSTOOTH
WINTER HOUSE

JulieHRR 07-21-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyz2988 (Post 10614460)

I'm off to play now!

Oooh, Amy, one more question!

So you can put the border where you want, but, do the edges of the plastic that are NOT part of the actual design end up embossed on the paper, too?

Meaning, would you have to then cut them out and glue them onto your card or can you do it directly on your card without those unsightly edges? :confused:

mitch1 07-21-2008 12:39 PM

I have had mine, including the Christmas ones for about 2 weeks now! Somehow we in little old New Zealand got them fast.

I have:
Leafy Branch (see my gallery for a card made with it)
Frills (Borders)
Christmas ornaments
and the cut n emboss Christmas Trees

Love them. Haven't played much with the christmas ones yet but will soon.

amyz2988 07-21-2008 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay... I played with the borders a tiny bit and the edge of the border shows up a teeny bit... not bad at all though. I tested it on a purely pomegranite scrap and an orange non-SU thinner piece of cardstock. Personally, I think the edge of the folder showed up more on the orange thinner piece, but the picture doesn't show it very well. Hope that helps, Julie! :)

amyz2988 07-21-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch1 (Post 10615339)
I have had mine, including the Christmas ones for about 2 weeks now! Somehow we in little old New Zealand got them fast.

I have:
Leafy Branch (see my gallery for a card made with it)
Frills (Borders)
Christmas ornaments
and the cut n emboss Christmas Trees

Love them. Haven't played much with the christmas ones yet but will soon.

Lucky you! I have 11 of the Christmas/Halloween release coming in August still. I think I'm cuttlebug addicted! I'm going to have to buy a 3rd cuttlebug binder to hold everything!

JulieHRR 07-21-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyz2988 (Post 10615457)
Okay... I played with the borders a tiny bit and the edge of the border shows up a teeny bit... not bad at all though. I tested it on a purely pomegranite scrap and an orange non-SU thinner piece of cardstock. Personally, I think the edge of the folder showed up more on the orange thinner piece, but the picture doesn't show it very well. Hope that helps, Julie! :)

Oh, you are a peach, Amy!

Thank you--it really does help a lot!

Hugs,

jtax 07-21-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Thanks for showing these - so very pretty! I didn't order since I was unsure of just how they were set up. Guess I'm off to place an order and wait and wait and wait...

littlegto 07-21-2008 01:11 PM

I received my cuttles today also. I ordered on the 5/25, 5/29, and mid June.
I received everythig I ordered on the 25th. Along with the embossers I ordered tagaliscious. Too cute too. Now I get to play!
Sharon

dstfrommi 07-21-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Oh, they look wonderful. So you could do those at the bottom of a card and then cut away around the bottom of the embossing for an embossed edge? Does that make sense?

Mahloumel 07-21-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat (Post 10614877)
have you seen the sneak peeks from eclectic paperie of the newer ones? it looks... and i'm not positive on this ... but that they have individual sentiments that can be MOVED on the folder. did anybody else see that?

I might be wrong here, but when I saw the sneak peeks of those combo sets I think you are referring to, I got the impression (hee hee bad pun :)) they were an embossing folder that came with coordinating dies that cut out the words.

Cat 07-21-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

oooh - thanks SO much for sharing amy. these look so KEWL!

Cat 07-21-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel (Post 10615724)
I might be wrong here, but when I saw the sneak peeks of those combo sets I think you are referring to, I got the impression (hee hee bad pun :)) they were an embossing folder that came with coordinating dies that cut out the words.

ah - that make sense! i saw one sample that looked like the words were embossed, but it was probably just layering with the same color paper.

provocraft is outdoing themselves with all these new CB tools.

strappystamper 07-21-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR (Post 10615209)
Oooh, Amy, one more question!

So you can put the border where you want, but, do the edges of the plastic that are NOT part of the actual design end up embossed on the paper, too?

Meaning, would you have to then cut them out and glue them onto your card or can you do it directly on your card without those unsightly edges? :confused:

Julie, I made a card using one of the folders from Just My Type (the embossed buttons). You can check it out here. It worked perfect...no yukky edges!!

nancystamps 07-21-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strappystamper (Post 10615997)
Julie, I made a card using one of the folders from Just My Type (the embossed buttons). You can check it out here. It worked perfect...no yukky edges!!

Adorable card! Wow, love the buttons, they would go so cute with Pattern of Friendship!

kphorse 07-21-2008 02:13 PM

Do you have a piece of the tan rubber that Spellbinders sells? You can place it at the edge of the dies and they will not inprint you paper.

They are embossing folders with a die cut for the words. I have the one with the boxes, they are great and work great!

Clownmom 07-21-2008 06:13 PM

Thanks for the explanation about the borders. I ordered the flower ones even though I wasn't exactly sure how it would work. I was thinking you would have to cut them up. The photo helped. Still waiting to get mine!

JulieHRR 07-21-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strappystamper (Post 10615997)

Thank you, Jackie! {{{{{Jackie}}}}}

I ran right on over to peek! It's too stinkin' cute!

hugs,

JulieHRR 07-21-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse (Post 10616467)
Do you have a piece of the tan rubber that Spellbinders sells? You can place it at the edge of the dies and they will not inprint you paper.

They are embossing folders with a die cut for the words. I have the one with the boxes, they are great and work great!

OK, Karen. I'm not quite following you. Which is nothing abnormal for me! ROTFLMBO! :rolleyes:

Do you mean butt it against the edge of the die, or along the inside edge? :confused:

!Allison! 07-21-2008 06:52 PM

Hope I get my order soon, its been so long I forgot exactly what I ordered. I will be checking the mailbox for a surprise.

sprtchick 07-21-2008 07:30 PM

Mine should be here any day. I ordered 6 of EVERYTHING. This way my sisters and friends can pick and then the rest will be on the Bay. I get them at cost so that helps too.
Blessings.

sweetiepeas 07-21-2008 09:27 PM

Okay I posted my very first card to the gallery using the floral screen cuttlebug folder. Be gentle with me.....

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=159529

whoistracy 07-22-2008 09:11 AM

Wow, those are gorgeous. I just ordered some of the older ones to try out but I've been drooling over the new ones. Might have to order in another few weeks after mine come.

stamper1996 07-22-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetiepeas (Post 10621732)
Okay I posted my very first card to the gallery using the floral screen cuttlebug folder. Be gentle with me.....

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=159529

That card is gorgeous!

Mrsjvb 07-22-2008 10:04 AM

I broke down and preordered middle of last week, and I see today my CC has been charged so hopefully that means mine are on their way too!

bichon mom 07-22-2008 01:24 PM

New Cricut cartridges

Did any of you that received the new Cuttlebug embossing items also order the new Cricut cartridges? If so, did you receive them as well?

Happy Scrapping,

Karen H