Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Default MY HUGE FIND!

Many of you already know about this but my light bulb just went on! (Not to start the lightbulb thing again! LOL)
Today, I went with my friend, Judy, to JoAnn's. We each had our hot little "40% an item" coupon. I usually buy a book or an expensive magazine.
Well, I am so excited because I have been totally into my sizzix stuff lately. Judy and I cut a chart this week with all the dies I have. Sticking them on the paper is somewhat of a hassle and I don't always like the results of my xyron on those small pieces. My find? Adhesive mat stacks! I love them! They coordinate with the DCWV mat stack card stock and patterned paper and they are actually card stock sticker type paper. Matches the rest of my card or scrapbook page and, NO HASSLE!!!! So, I cut it with my sizzix, peel it and stick it! Plus- 40% off!!! A bunch of my new stamps came yesterday and I loaded a few new samples on my blog. I thought that was exciting enough- than sticker cardstock. I died and went to heaven!!!

Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool. I was at Joann's tonite, too! I couldn't even use my coupon, 'cause everything I wanted was already on sale. LOL
Old 09-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

To the moderators,
Thank you for adjusting my mega messaging! When my computer went down, somehow, I posted this message three times. Thanks for taking care of it!
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm curious about what you die cut chart looks like? I'm trying to work out a system for my sizzix dies too, so do you mind sharing?
Old 09-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Dang it! I was just in Joann's and I forgot to look for them!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Congrats on your find! We don't have a Joann's here.
I can survive any crisis....I have kids
Old 09-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
To the moderators,
Thank you for adjusting my mega messaging! When my computer went down, somehow, I posted this message three times. Thanks for taking care of it!
Gina K.
I'm crackin' up at your little guy messin up that computer. I feel like that most of the time I am on mine!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2
I'm curious about what you die cut chart looks like? I'm trying to work out a system for my sizzix dies too, so do you mind sharing?
Sure. It's nothing too big but we really wanted a way to see it all. So, we cut one of each die and mounted them on a piece of 8 1/2 X 11 card stock. Then we wrote the name of the die underneath. (Yes, in our own handwriting! Yikes!) I usually like it all typed out neatly but I realized that it would never get done that way. So now, I have two full sheets of all the dies I have except the Alphabets. Those, I will just cut one letter of each and put the name of the set under it. Now, when I want to scrapbook or stamp, I can look at the sheet rather than look at each die to find what I want. It works for me! And, it inspires ideas that I might not have had if I was just searching for one die.
Gina K.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...

Great find is right!! I'm going to have to add them to my list of things to get. Thanks for sharing that tidbit! As far as your die cut chart goes, I did the same thing with all my punches and it has saved me time, money and frustration from buying the same punch more than once! (Yes, I know... I have TOO many punches). I also had a look at your blog, love the new stamps, can't wait to see the rest of them!!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #10  
spv
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Gina...glad you got such a find but have you ever tried running a sheet of paper through your Xyron then cutting it out with your Sizzix...I do this all the time an it works great...none of thos little adhesive "boogers" to worry about...my machine fits a 8 1/2" wide sheet of paper so I just run the paper through, cut what I want and save the scrap...I have a basket with adhesive backed paper that I can grab at any time...works great for those really tiny pieces...my Xyron gets lots of use just thought I would share.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:00 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by spv
Hey Gina...glad you got such a find but have you ever tried running a sheet of paper through your Xyron then cutting it out with your Sizzix...I do this all the time an it works great...none of thos little adhesive "boogers" to worry about...my machine fits a 8 1/2" wide sheet of paper so I just run the paper through, cut what I want and save the scrap...I have a basket with adhesive backed paper that I can grab at any time...works great for those really tiny pieces...my Xyron gets lots of use just thought I would share.
And the best part of this is you can coordinate your paper to your project!! I have some of the larger xyrons but you can even use the small sticker maker this way for the smaller dies!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
Thanks for the info on the chart. I'm doing something similar already, except I'm not writing the name of the die down. That's a great idea, especially when it comes to the Sizzlets, I just assume I'll remember what belongs where, LOL!!! But since I have almost 200 dies I'm likely to start forgetting what I have.

Thanks