Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   My goal... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/my-goal-191445/)

jtax 10-16-2006 05:08 AM

My goal...

I have set a goal for myself to make at least 15-25 cards each week. I have 2 girls away at college, my mom is nearly 1000 miles away, I have both a DSS and a Secret Pal at my church. I have vowed to send them each at least one card weekly. My daughter's boyfriend is being deployed in 2 weeks and I am making (and collecting) cards to send to him and the soldiers in his unit. I am trying to build "an inventory" of cards too so I can continue my sending spree during the spring. I work full time (or more than that) during the spring dong income taxes (hence my user name here) and boo hoo :( , I have almost no time to stamp then! So far, I am doing pretty well at keeping up with my goal. Wish me luck...

Anyone else with similar goals??? I would love to hear if you have one, what it is and how well you adhere to it.

thuskins 10-16-2006 05:24 AM

Wow. My goal is to make cards a month ahead of time and I've not been doing too well with that one. Another goal was to do all the scrapbook challenges. Definately failed on that one. If it wasn't for VSBN, I'd have barely any pages done. I do tend to do things in spurts though.

debils 10-16-2006 05:25 AM

My goals are not as ambitious as yours but my personal goal is to make at least 10 cards a week and do the daily challenges.

acochran 10-16-2006 06:16 AM

No Goal to share...but advice

Do yourself a favor and write down what you sent to whom. When I go on card making binges and start sending them out, I can't remember who got what I am sure I have sent duplicates.

Good luck!

WebDeb 10-16-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acochran
Do yourself a favor and write down what you sent to whom. When I go on card making binges and start sending them out, I can't remember who got what I am sure I have sent duplicates.

This is good advice! When I am "showering" someone seriously ill with cards (maybe every other day), I try not to duplicate, even though I know it's not that important to the recipient. I do the insides on the computer, and it's hard to remember if I've already used a sentiment.

jtax 10-16-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acochran

Good luck!

That is a great idea! What I have been doing is make 5-6 the same for my weekly mailing to family and secret sister/pal, and other set of 5-6 the same for mailing to them later and the rest same or different for the soldiers.

cmayk 10-16-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtax
I have set a goal for myself to make at least 15-25 cards each week. I have 2 girls away at college, my mom is nearly 1000 miles away, I have both a DSS and a Secret Pal at my church. I have vowed to send them each at least one card weekly. My daughter's boyfriend is being deployed in 2 weeks and I am making (and collecting) cards to send to him and the soldiers in his unit. I am trying to build "an inventory" of cards too so I can continue my sending spree during the spring. I work full time (or more than that) during the spring dong income taxes (hence my user name here) and boo hoo :( , I have almost no time to stamp then! So far, I am doing pretty well at keeping up with my goal. Wish me luck...

Anyone else with similar goals??? I would love to hear if you have one, what it is and how well you adhere to it.

Wow, that is an ambitious goal! No, I don't have goals like that... I just stamp when I feel like it and don't send nearly enough cards as I should. I do have a stock pile of cards, but I need to actually *send* them to people!! :D

kellyklp 10-16-2006 09:39 AM

Cards

Well, I have to say I don't have set goals to send to people, but I like to have a stash on hand so whenever something comes up, I have a stash. They make wonderful last minute gifts. So, what I do is I make 6 of every card. I have 2 close friends that I make cards for and that is their X-mas and Bday gifts from me. So, there are 2 right there. That leaves me with 4 cards for my stash. I feel it doesn't take that much more time to make that many cards, and while I have all of the supplies out, why not?!?!?!?!