Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   My experience with TAC (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/my-experience-tac-161421/)

Sereikastamper 07-03-2006 09:21 PM

My experience with TAC
 
So I ordered a catalog.....I fell in love with many many sets.....the prices are great....so I ordered a few ( and by a few I mean just less than a dozen when all was said and done :oops: )
Today, less than a week after I emailed Jovi my order....it arrived!!! So for shipping TAC gets a huge THUMBS UP!!!!
Then I stamped...and that was the real test...would the images be clear? Would the line are be crisp and clean? So I started cutting out all the stamps so that I could stamp up some cards....
So first off, the images on the rubber sheets are closer than I thought they would be. Not too close but closer than I am used to...so it was a little nerve wracking making the first few cuts... For that TAC gets a 7 out of 10...if there was a little more room on the sheets it would be easier for novice stampers to not be so nervous...
So all trimming done and stamps placed back in their boxes, I decided before I went out and began stamping I was going to organize my sets into a binder. So what I did was stamp up an "index page" of like sets, and then placed it in an Avery clear pocket. I then took a Transparency and stuck all the stamps to that transparency and placed it behind the paper so that I could see at a glance all the stamps I had just purchased. That system will work out wonderfully!!!
Ok so now on to stamping......here is what I found, TAC stamps are able to stamp crisp and clean line art, words are done really well, and solids take ink perfectly! So I am THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE, I will be buying more TAC stamps in the NEAR future!!! :D
Here are the links to my first two cards.....And I hope to do up some more tomorrow!!! :)
Pink Hello Who doesn't love a cute Lady Bug????
Truly Blessed First Try And wouldn't you love to get a sunflower in the mail???

Ok so there is my first review of TAC....I look forward to hearing what you all think! :)

Mahloumel 07-03-2006 09:31 PM

Okay, those are hyper-cute! I don't know if you can make an un-awesome card, though.

Too bad TAC isn't in Canada.

AmorA 07-03-2006 09:37 PM

Thanks for this info! I've wondered about TAC stamps.

Your sample cards are ADORABLE.

What exactly did you mean by "more room on the sheets?" Are the images all together on one piece of rubber? Do you mount these on wood blocks?

I wanna see a catty!

Mahloumel 07-03-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmorA
Are the images all together on one piece of rubber? Do you mount these on wood blocks?

TAC stamps are made from a clear polymer, and stick to acrylic handles/blocks via static cling or something like that.

annabelle1974 07-03-2006 09:42 PM

My order should be here any day and I am sooooo excited. I got 2 TAC sets last year and absolutely adore them.

annabelle1974 07-03-2006 09:49 PM

No they are NOT clear! They are rubber.

Mahloumel 07-03-2006 09:50 PM

My bad!!! Thank you for correcting me!

jailbirdstamper 07-03-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
So I ordered a catalog.....I fell in love with many many sets.....the prices are great....so I ordered a few ( and by a few I mean just less than a dozen when all was said and done :oops: )
Today, less than a week after I emailed Jovi my order....it arrived!!! So for shipping TAC gets a huge THUMBS UP!!!!
Then I stamped...and that was the real test...would the images be clear? Would the line are be crisp and clean? So I started cutting out all the stamps so that I could stamp up some cards....
So first off, the images on the rubber sheets are closer than I thought they would be. Not too close but closer than I am used to...so it was a little nerve wracking making the first few cuts... For that TAC gets a 7 out of 10...if there was a little more room on the sheets it would be easier for novice stampers to not be so nervous...
So all trimming done and stamps placed back in their boxes, I decided before I went out and began stamping I was going to organize my sets into a binder. So what I did was stamp up an "index page" of like sets, and then placed it in an Avery clear pocket. I then took a Transparency and stuck all the stamps to that transparency and placed it behind the paper so that I could see at a glance all the stamps I had just purchased. That system will work out wonderfully!!!
Ok so now on to stamping......here is what I found, TAC stamps are able to stamp crisp and clean line art, words are done really well, and solids take ink perfectly! So I am THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE, I will be buying more TAC stamps in the NEAR future!!! :D
Here are the links to my first two cards.....And I hope to do up some more tomorrow!!! :)
Pink Hello Who doesn't love a cute Lady Bug????
Truly Blessed First Try And wouldn't you love to get a sunflower in the mail???

Ok so there is my first review of TAC....I look forward to hearing what you all think! :)

I know!!!! I was stunned at the crisp images you get from TAC stamps - I love them totally love them!!!!!

llevans 07-03-2006 10:25 PM

I have boughten TAC in the past - just need the new catty! I have read in the forums that it is an awesome catty this year.

malindaplace 07-03-2006 11:03 PM

Wow, Keri, thanks for this helpful review!

I'm waiting for my first TAC order and catty to arrive any day now. It's good they're fast, cause APO surely isn't.

You've made it much harder to be patient.

palval77 07-04-2006 01:22 AM

I have been to a couple of TAC parties. I too love the images and am awaiting a catalog.

mrslevite 07-04-2006 03:17 AM

Great Review! Thanks for posting. :)

mytime 07-04-2006 03:23 AM

I got my first order a few weeks ago, and have a few samples in my gallery.Fast shipping. I LOVE their sets for $2.50 with a 30 purchase. I got all 4. I hate the old catty ( a demo sent me one FREE) and I got her some buinsess when people PM'd me about a couple cards I did-I want the NEW one but I'd have to pay $15 (after shipping). As far as stamping-I think yea you get a clean image but it does feel "funny" when you stamp. A few times I got a smear. I still have a wishlist, and am sure IF I had the new catty in my hands I'd buy more. Thye have different stuff than SU. Some of it is too artsy but over all some cute stuff. Here are some more samples-of what I used thus far.
I got the Special delivery set, //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=300671&cat=500&ppuser=31109
Motherhood //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=310100&cat=500&ppuser=31109
A wittle bug-so cute
poodle set //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=306537&cat=500&ppuser=31109
Cats
With the free sets //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=300668&cat=500&ppuser=31109
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=306535&cat=500&ppuser=31109
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=306527&cat=500&ppuser=31109

stampinsusie 07-04-2006 03:33 AM

Love your cards, Keri. I've been thinking about getting a catalog, too.

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 03:50 AM

Guys seriously, PM Jovi, I am sure she would work a deal with you for the catty!!! I mean shoot the stuff sells itself! :)

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmorA
Thanks for this info! I've wondered about TAC stamps.

Your sample cards are ADORABLE.

What exactly did you mean by "more room on the sheets?" Are the images all together on one piece of rubber? Do you mount these on wood blocks?

I wanna see a catty!

They come on a sheet of rubber, then you stick it to the foam that has the cling on one side and then you trim the images and then they will cling to clear blocks. They are not polymer they are deepetched vulcanized rubber. So you can't "see" where you are stamping but you do see wthe foam part of the image when you are stamping. Like I said I did up an "index" I will have to take a pic and upload it so you can see what I did cause it really is nice and neat and takes up the space of a binder!!! :) Let me got shoot some pics and you will see what I am talking about. :D

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
I got my first order a few weeks ago, and have a few samples in my gallery.Fast shipping. I LOVE their sets for $2.50 with a 30 purchase. I got all 4. I hate the old catty ( a demo sent me one FREE) and I got her some buinsess when people PM'd me about a couple cards I did-I want the NEW one but I'd have to pay $15 (after shipping). As far as stamping-I think yea you get a clean image but it does feel "funny" when you stamp. A few times I got a smear. I still have a wishlist, and am sure IF I had the new catty in my hands I'd buy more. Thye have different stuff than SU. Some of it is too artsy but over all some cute stuff. Here are some more samples-of what I used thus far.
I got the Special delivery set, //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=300671&cat=500&ppuser=31109
Motherhood //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=310100&cat=500&ppuser=31109
A wittle bug-so cute
poodle set //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=306537&cat=500&ppuser=31109
Cats
With the free sets //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=300668&cat=500&ppuser=31109
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=306535&cat=500&ppuser=31109
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=306527&cat=500&ppuser=31109

Lauren if you don't mind waiting a week I am sure my friend who is signing up would send you a new catty! :) Either way, just GET A NEW CATTY!!! There are some AMAZING images in the new one! I never saw the old one but that was because I was never drawn to their images but I kept seeing "hello blocks" in their ad and wanted to see what they were all about! :)

vsbndr 07-04-2006 03:59 AM

From what I've seen of these stamps...they are wonderful. I have not seen them in real life. I checked the web site and I have no demos in my area. Does anyone know if I can order a catty and order direct? Thanks!

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 04:01 AM

You can send Jovi a PM and she will get you a catalog and she will do your orders! That is what I did! :)

kphorse 07-04-2006 04:05 AM

I learned about TAC last year, but never dove into them. I saw the catty this year, and had to have one! They ahave a *LOT* of really good images!

Keri, when you next order comes, try stamping with the rubber *before* you add the cushion. See how you like it, compared to using cushion. I have 300+ images un-mounted with no cushion. I find no problem stamping that way.

Interested in what you think and how you feel they stamp?

This is a die hard SU person here, going TAC too!

Karen

Lisa Loiselle 07-04-2006 04:06 AM

Okay, now I'm scared. I started buying TAC last year and love, love, love the style and the price of their stamps. I agree, Keri, they stamp beautifully! I just spent a bundle on my first SU order from the new catty, and I'm getting my TAC catty on Thursday.

Keri, what about their backgrounds. Any must-haves?

mytime 07-04-2006 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Lauren if you don't mind waiting a week I am sure my friend who is signing up would send you a new catty! :) Either way, just GET A NEW CATTY!!! There are some AMAZING images in the new one! I never saw the old one but that was because I was never drawn to their images but I kept seeing "hello blocks" in their ad and wanted to see what they were all about! :)

Of course I can wait-I just figured when I pm'd her about one, and she told me I got her several new cusomters because of my refferal for those who pm'd me she would've said "HMM, maybe I should give this girl a catalog!" KWIM. I know I would. I give customers SU catalogs all the time. Its the BEST way to get people hooked!
Have her PM me. When she's ready.
I just placed a SU order, so I do need a few weeks to recover! LOL!

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 04:08 AM

I will let her know Lauren...and don't forget Inky Antics comes out with their newest supplement on or around the 20th of this month! :D


I know I know I am the worst when it comes to stamping now!!! LOL

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle
Keri, what about their backgrounds. Any must-haves?

Not really....their selection is very limited. But they do have a lot of small stamps that will make adoreable BGs!!! like this one that you get for 2.50 for the set when you place a thirty dollar order!!! Look at the one on the right....sooo cute!!!! I got it and will be playing with it later today! :)
http://theangelcompany.net/limitededtions.html

Oh and they also have a "stamp of the month"
here is the link to this months! :)
http://theangelcompany.net/images/so...6/JulySOTM.pdf

mytime 07-04-2006 04:11 AM

Oh don't you worry! I have the date marked on my claendar! LOL! I can't wait to get more of those!
Wow-lots of exclaimation marks going on-can you tell I'm excited?

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Oh don't you worry! I have the date marked on my claendar! LOL! I can't wait to get more of those!
Wow-lots of exclaimation marks going on-can you tell I'm excited?

hahah you think YOU are excited???? hahahah, did you read that Jackie posted a spoiler on the IA forums...we have eight new Girly Girls coming out! :D

mytime 07-04-2006 04:24 AM

Missed that-going to check it out now!

mytime 07-04-2006 04:34 AM

OK I can't find it HELP!! Where on the IA site does it list the spoilers! O went into the chat area-but am challenged.

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 04:40 AM

She just quietly mentions it in one of the threads....I am not sure which but there were no other details really just that there were eight new girls coming out! :)

tgkrupsky 07-04-2006 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
TAC stamps are made from a clear polymer, and stick to acrylic handles/blocks via static cling or something like that.

No. TAC stamps are not made from clear polymer. They are made from rubber, just like SU. Vulcanized rubber. The difference is the way they are mounted. They have cling vinyl attached to the cushion and they mount on clear acrylic blocks. You just pop them on and peel them off to store them. I store mine in empty CD cases and I can store 20 sets in the same space as 4 large SU sets. They stamp the same way as SU stamps and will last as many years. Their images are wonderful. I really like this company. Try there stamps. You won't be dissappointed.
Gina

mytime 07-04-2006 04:51 AM

Thanks Keri-Sorry for totally hijacking your thread! Got a little excitied

Meema 07-04-2006 05:07 AM

Thank you, Keri for starting this thread. I have had the new catty for 1 wk- before getting SU's catty from my Sis, and I have several sets I like...more than in SU, as far as NEW... I still have some *old* SU sets I want yet. Also like their papers and embellishments, they are GREAT. I am contemplating hobby demo if that is a possibility. Should I pm Jovi; or she can pm me!?

kellybee 07-04-2006 05:12 AM

So...any TAC consultants that would ship to Canada if a poor TAC-less Canuk wanted to buy some? (had to ask!)

patcreates 07-04-2006 05:14 AM

Great review Keri! It's always great to hear what customers think of TAC. I would definitely agree that a little more room on the rubber sheets would be great. Especially when you are cutting your stamps at 11:00 PM like I was last night...LOL!

Shipping has been super, especially with the new catty just coming out. I was with another company previously that when the new catty came out, it took them over a week to get the order shipped out. With TAC, it only took 2 days before it shipped out!

okiegyrl 07-04-2006 05:17 AM

I love TAC and my TAC demo and I swap product a lot ... so I guess we are all just plain addicts ... I have always been impressed in their prompt shipment but then again it comes from KS to OK pretty easy ... if someone needs a TAC demo let me know and I will refer you to mine ... her name is Betti Geis

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patcreates
Shipping has been super, especially with the new catty just coming out. I was with another company previously that when the new catty came out, it took them over a week to get the order shipped out. With TAC, it only took 2 days before it shipped out!

I KNOW!!! I was totally impressed!!! It really was amazing to get an order ONE WEEK from when I placed the order!!! And I live in the middle of no where Texas!!

seewah 07-04-2006 05:30 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Keri! I just PM'd Jovi about a catalog ... :)

stamper4armyman 07-04-2006 05:32 AM

Is the TAC catalog on line? Do you know if there are any military/ patriotic images that are NOT cutesy?

Thank you!

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper4armyman
Is the TAC catalog on line? Do you know if there are any military/ patriotic images that are NOT cutesy?

Thank you!

They aren't yet but I think that August is when they will be rolling out their new online thing! And I think that Angels will be able to have a "shopping cart" option should they choose to so we could just order for ourselves from the Angels site! WOOHOO!!!!!

Sereikastamper 07-04-2006 05:37 AM

Ok I got another card done. I will be uploading it momentarily! This will show you how cute the BG is done with that 2.50 set! :) And how the fine lines stamp nice and crisp. :)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:18 PM.