Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Conversion to Unmounted!

Here I am . . . about to become a SU demonstrator after seven years of joyfully stamping every chance I got. One problem . . . . what to do with all those retired and retiring sets? I simply can't sell them . . . I still use them! You just never know when an image from For the Love of Chocolate is going to come in handy. One time I did sell a couple of my sets . . . only to buy them back again later! Pathetic, isn't it? So, since I decided I couldn't part with them I started doing some research into unmounting. Almost everything I learned I learned here at SCS.

I decided to go with EZMount. I ordered everything I needed to get started from Sunday International. I was really impressed with their service. I joined their member's club and I will get a 10% discount on all future orders. Yeah! You can see the results of my efforts here. I am very excited now to unmount all of my retired and retiring stamp sets.

Before I unmounted any of my sets, I stamped the image onto the cling side of the EZMount. It dried almost instantly. Then I cut it out. Peeled the rubber off my wood block, placed it on the sticky side of the EZMount, trimmed just a bit and it was done. Here is a picture of my unmounted that is stamped with StazOn. Way easier than I thought it would be. Thanks especially to KimberlyinMN for some of here great comments in the forums about going unmounted. I took a lot of my inspiration from her.

I know a lot of people use CD cases to store their unmounteds in. I don't think that is for me as I have wonderful deep bookshelves that the large storage boxes from SU fit into perfectly. I decided to cut the lids from the boxes that my sets came in and then store these in the large SU storage boxes. I was able to easily fit six stamp sets into one box as you can see here.

Well, I am as happy as can be and just thought I'd share my conversion with you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I just finished going unmounted, about 150 SU sets. I am very happy with the results, The first time i did a set I felt a little bad, but then when I saw how much space I saved I did them all. I have not put them all on easy mount yet. That is a good system. I have used some withjust double sided tape and got good results, I was using a foam placemat for my work surface.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkitbj
I just finished going unmounted, about 150 SU sets. I am very happy with the results, The first time i did a set I felt a little bad, but then when I saw how much space I saved I did them all. I have not put them all on easy mount yet. That is a good system. I have used some withjust double sided tape and got good results, I was using a foam placemat for my work surface.
I considered going bare rubber, too. I had gone to a few conventions and picked up some unmounteds that way, but I wasn't as happy with them. I also didn't like messing around with the tape or Tack It Over and Over. Then, I ordered some stamps from The Angel Company and I was VERY IMPRESSED by how well they stamped. They use EZMount, too. (Or something very similar.) Anyway, that's why I chose to go with the EZMount system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your stamping on the EZ mount looks so good, mine isn't nearly so well done, any tips???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar T. Grouch
your stamping on the EZ mount looks so good, mine isn't nearly so well done, any tips???
I used a brand spanking new Jet Black StazOn pad. I think that might have been the difference. The EZMount I used seemed to take the ink VERY well. I was surprised. I'd also heard of some people letting their images dry for a couple of hours. I did not have to do that as my images seemed to dry instantly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

That's great! I went unmounted in October/November of last year. I reallly like the CD method because I can see all the stamp sets right in front of me. I guess we all find what we like and go with it.

Good for you! You will love unmounted. I will never go back to woodmounted again. Can't stand the blocks!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedystamper
You just never know when an image from For the Love of Chocolate is going to come in handy.

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooove this set! It will never by pryed from my grasp!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I used a brand spanking new Jet Black StazOn pad. I think that might have been the difference. The EZMount I used seemed to take the ink VERY well. I was surprised. I'd also heard of some people letting their images dry for a couple of hours. I did not have to do that as my images seemed to dry instantly.
I used to let mine dry for an hour or so... but then I found that the Stayz On dried very quickly. I guess I had just assumed it took awhile. LOL

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Here I am . . . about to become a SU demonstrator after seven years of joyfully stamping every chance I got. I decided to go with EZMount. I ordered everything I needed to get started from Sunday International. I was really impressed with their service. I joined their member's club and I will get a 10% discount on all future orders. Yeah! You can see the results of my efforts here. I am very excited now to unmount all of my retired and retiring stamp sets.
Congrats on unmounting!! Did you know that you can sign up at Sunday International and get a demonstrator's discount? I think that's 25% off. For some reason, I didn't save their welcome email so I can't remember what the initial order has to be or if all orders have to be a certain amount.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
Congrats on unmounting!! Did you know that you can sign up at Sunday International and get a demonstrator's discount? I think that's 25% off. For some reason, I didn't save their welcome email so I can't remember what the initial order has to be or if all orders have to be a certain amount.

Kimberly
WOW! That is so good to know! I am not a demonstrator, yet . . . but I will check into this in the future! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Good for you! You will love unmounted. I will never go back to woodmounted again. Can't stand the blocks!

Robyn
Congrats on going unmounted. You will find it hard to go back. I agree with Robyn...can't stand the wood blocks either. I have a hard time with the placement of the image with a wood block in my way! And cleaning a stamp now couldn't be easier! Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't converted yet. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...sorry but I could NOT resist. Please forgive me....

Seriously...I just went to Sunday Int. website and there are several different types of EZ Mount. Which one did you use? Thin or new cling kind???

Thanks for the help.....gracie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciez
I haven't converted yet. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...sorry but I could NOT resist. Please forgive me....

Seriously...I just went to Sunday Int. website and there are several different types of EZ Mount. Which one did you use? Thin or new cling kind???

Thanks for the help.....gracie
Hi Gracie,
I just used the regular kind. I think the thin kind is for using with stamps that already have foam but you just want to use the vinyl side. When I unmounted my stamps, I went down to the bare rubber. The foam did not always stay intact.
Reply With Quote Likes