Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Default My brother's birthday card ... grrrrr

So today we go off to my brother's place. We are celebrating a few summer birthdays in our family. I made 5 cards in total. No one seemed overly excited about them ... just kind of like, oh ... thanks ... that's okay, they dont HAVE to ooooh and ahhhhh over them ... however, my brother says to me ... Oh, did Cole (my 6 year old son) make this, with your help? I laughed and said ... no, I made it ... come on now, I worked hard on the card, thought it was really nice and it never crossed my mind that it looked like a 6 year old made it!!!!! I felt very offended inside, but I dont think he meant it in a mean way, he honestly thought my son made it! Sometimes it makes you wonder why we try so hard to make nice things for people! Thank you for listening to my little vent of the day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Moral of the story: Don't give your beautiful cards to men.... They often have no clue!!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Old 08-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Your cards in your gallery look great!!! I didn't see any that look like they were made by a 6 year old! Oh well - Ky'sMom above had good advice - LOL!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysmom
Moral of the story: Don't give your beautiful cards to men.... They often have no clue!!

LOL..aint that the truth!!! I just finished making a 3D mug whose template I had found somewhere (not sure where since I have become a Stamping Frankenstein)....anyway...I knew it didnt have my best stamping on it but I thought the concept was adorable...when I show DH he says.."what did you make that for?" duh!!! Because it's CUTE!!! LOL

Men are soooooooo clueless.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you ladies, you made me feel better! And I love kysmom's advice, that is funny!!!! You are right, I have to remember that my brother is a MAN ... and therefore has no clue!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

And thank you Lauralea for looking in my gallery. The one I made for him was the one with the "outdoors wheel" on the kraft paper. I didnt think it looked like a 6 year old made it either!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stamping
So today we go off to my brother's place. We are celebrating a few summer birthdays in our family. I made 5 cards in total. No one seemed overly excited about them ... just kind of like, oh ... thanks ... that's okay, they dont HAVE to ooooh and ahhhhh over them ... however, my brother says to me ... Oh, did Cole (my 6 year old son) make this, with your help? I laughed and said ... no, I made it ... come on now, I worked hard on the card, thought it was really nice and it never crossed my mind that it looked like a 6 year old made it!!!!! I felt very offended inside, but I dont think he meant it in a mean way, he honestly thought my son made it! Sometimes it makes you wonder why we try so hard to make nice things for people! Thank you for listening to my little vent of the day!
I once, long ago, gave a handmade card to my uncle and he made a remark about me not having the money (or saving money) to buy the card and that's why I handmade it. I told him, no, I thought this way it was more personal since I took the time to make it for you instead of just going out and buying a generic card. Of course he didn't believe me, said that it was "OK" to admit to having money problems to him. Yeah, right. Since then, any cards that I send him have all been bought from stores, I refuse to make him another one.
I can survive any crisis....I have kids
Old 08-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I left a comment on your card in your gallery. Be sure to share it with your brother!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Checked out your gallery. Your cards are all very, very nice. Don't be discouraged about your special hand made gifts. Not all appreciate what is a very special thing and those who don't....well, it's their loss.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Last year I made a Birthday card for my Brother in Law. He looked at it, then at me, and said "You should sell these!!!" What a sweetie he is. Just want you to know that not all men are clueless.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default That was great!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyboxermom
I left a comment on your card in your gallery. Be sure to share it with your brother!

Great comment left on the card!!! It is a very good card!! All of your cards are wonderful, I even have some of your cards in my favorites (before I looked there tonight!!) He ought to be ashamed of himself!! LOL
Old 08-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahnmommy
Since then, any cards that I send him have all been bought from stores, I refuse to make him another one.
Maybe I'm cold-hearted, or maybe I just don't really have much of a relationship with any of my uncles, but condescending dude wouldn't be getting any cards from me, period, unless maybe they were three for a dollar from some awful store.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Maybe I'm cold-hearted, or maybe I just don't really have much of a relationship with any of my uncles, but condescending dude wouldn't be getting any cards from me, period, unless maybe they were three for a dollar from some awful store.
No, I agree with you but my mom is all about "family and duty" (boy is she a stickler about it and Mom is not one to mess with about family and duty LOL) so I just send him a card and then call her and say "there, I've done my duty for this year." ROFL
I can survive any crisis....I have kids
Old 08-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Some men!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:14 AM   #14  
Mrs. Incredible

Sorry your brother made such a stupid comment. I often think people say things without thinking about how they sound. Try not to let it get you down for long. I know easier said than done.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:10 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry about the comment made about your terrific card. My brother had mentioned the cards I send to my parents, and thought they were great.
When I sent him a nascar-type card made from At the Races, he thought it was the coolest thing ever, and even took it to work to show his buddies!
How neat is that??? You just never know. Anyhow, don't let that comment get you down--just keep on stampin', and posting your cards! WE appreciate your work!